Windows 10: Connected to internet but can’t browse

Discus and support Connected to internet but can’t browse in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi there. We have just got a new wifi connection. Works fine on tablets and mobiles BUT when we use on Acer laptop with Windows 10. It connects... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by The Polsk Hisself, Oct 28, 2018.

1. Connected to internet but can’t browse

Hi there. We have just got a new wifi connection. Works fine on tablets and mobiles BUT when we use on Acer laptop with Windows 10. It connects successfully to our network and we can download BUT we cant browse. We have tried multiple browsers and web sites. Any ideas much appreciated.

Best wishes

TPH

:)

The Polsk Hisself, Oct 28, 2018
  2. zhadlp Win User

Connected to router but cannot browse the web

well, hopefully you don't run into further problems with your internet down the road. I used to work as tech support for at&t and the 1st thing we check when there's no internet connection but can ping a website is always the proxy server *Smile Connected to internet but can’t browse :)

basically troubleshooting steps are - check if network adapter is enabled > check if able to ping > and if no, then check proxy settings, hehehe...

zhadlp, Oct 28, 2018
  3. Unable to browse the Internet even when connected to Wi-Fi

Hi,

There may be several reasons as to why you cannot connect to the internet. To isolate the issue, kindly answer the following questions:

• What browser are you using?
    • Have you tried connecting to the internet using a wired connection?
    • When did the issue start?
    • Does this happen with all websites?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    We also suggest that you try the try the troubleshooting steps found
    here

Regards.

Katrina Men, Oct 28, 2018
  4. Mussels Win User

Connected to internet but can’t browse

Connected to router but cannot browse the web

i tend to forget proxy settings, but i always remember to check IP address and DNS settings.

Mussels, Oct 28, 2018
Thema:

Connected to internet but can’t browse

1. Connected to internet but can’t browse - Similar Threads - Connected internet can’t

2. Can’t connect to the internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can’t connect to the internet: I have just recently bought a gaming pc it’s only a cheap one but it won’t let me connect to the wifi I have a Foxconn 2ada motherboard installed and I’ve tried everything within the settings I’ve done all the methods on YouTube but I just can’t seem to fix it I’m hoping...
  3. Can’t connect to the internet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can’t connect to the internet: I have just recently bought a gaming pc it’s only a cheap one but it won’t let me connect to the wifi I have a Foxconn 2ada motherboard installed and I’ve tried everything within the settings I’ve done all the methods on YouTube but I just can’t seem to fix it I’m hoping...
  4. Can’t connect to the internet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Can’t connect to internet

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can’t connect to internet: My compute cannot connect to the internet, all that appears in the selection is airplane mode, and troubleshooting doesn’t help.This has happened on and off for a year with my HP all in one desktop, it has windows 10. Usually restarting it about three or so times fixes it or...
  6. Can’t Connect to Internet

Can’t Connect to Internet: I Changed my startup settings so that spotify and onedrive wouldnt load as soon as i turn on my computer. After I did this, it promted me to restart my laptop and now all of a sudden there is no network/wifi icon on the taskbar and this is what Im seeing when I open my...
  7. Can’t Connect to Internet

Can’t Connect to Internet: I Changed my startup settings so that spotify and onedrive wouldnt load as soon as i turn on my computer. After I did this, it promted me to restart my laptop and now all of a sudden there is no network/wifi icon on the taskbar and this is what Im seeing when I open my...
  8. Internet connects but can’t browse

Internet connects but can’t browse: i have recently changed from a TalkTalk router to a Sky router (I’m in the uk) and the problems started from there. However, my ipad/phone and tv connect successfully to the internet as well as my wife’s windows 7 laptop. My pc and work pc will not connect using any browser...
  9. Can’t connect to internet

Can’t connect to internet: Bougt a new laptop from Currys. It was the ex demo so they had to reset it. Now ive got home after the reset and i cant connect to Wifi as in its not even an option! All i can use is dial up and vpn. Theres no option for connectig to wifi. It had wifi before the reset so...
  10. Can’t connect to the internet

Can’t connect to the internet: Hi, I have Windows 10 and I am not able to connect to a certain WiFi. I have no trouble connecting to another WiFi but for this one it keeps saying that the security key is incorrect. However, I know I am not putting it in incorrectly as I have checked multiple times and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. connected to internet but cannot browse