Windows 10: Connected to internet but computer falsely reporting no connection

Discus and support Connected to internet but computer falsely reporting no connection in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi I have a Windows 7 Laptop that I recently upgraded to Windows 10. About a week after the upgrade the Internet Icon and the Wi-Fi page in settings... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AlexMacaulay1, Dec 31, 2018.

1. Connected to internet but computer falsely reporting no connection

Hi

I have a Windows 7 Laptop that I recently upgraded to Windows 10. About a week after the upgrade the Internet Icon and the Wi-Fi page in settings have been falsely reporting that I have no internet connection. Yet I am on the internet. I can use Chrome and all other applications including internet explorer and office. I've been streaming 10s of hours of Netflix, and using iTunes. The only ones that I hadn't been able to use were Windows update and Microsoft App Store (they seem to check the above settings rather than check the actual connection).

At first this was irritating but now all my Windows and Office 365 software is complaining that my software is out of date but that I can't update without being connected to the internet.

To date I have done the following:

Internet troubleshooter (tells me there's a problem but no solution)

Adaptor settings (these show IP and DNS set to automatic

Connection Status shows IV4 and IV6 connections

So the problem appears to be in the Windows settings not getting a thumbs up from the router or something, even though the Laptop is clearly connecting to the internet. Maybe it's a registry problem? I've also gone to Acer's website and downloaded the latest adaptor driver but still nothing. I've also gone through the ten steps that have been widely given as solutions in other posts to this type of problem.

Hope you can help.

:)

AlexMacaulay1, Dec 31, 2018
  2. topgundcp Win User

Connecting computer with no internet connection to network printer

@dk1971
    1. Open Admin command and type: ipconfig

Connected to internet but computer falsely reporting no connection [​IMG]
    2. Win+X->Control Panel->Netwok and Sharing Center
      Follow the screen shot. This should disable internet access from this PC but allows access to local device(s)
      NOTE: Use the IP & Subnet Mask from step 1. Leave Default gateway & DNS Server blank

Connected to internet but computer falsely reporting no connection [​IMG]

topgundcp, Dec 31, 2018
  3. internet not connecting

Hi,

I recently reformatted a computer and when I tried to connect to the internet it wouldn't work. The computer is an IBM and I have loaded Windows XP.

All the settings are the same with internet connections as the settings in my other computers in the house but it still wont connect.

Using cable and on ADSL.

Thank you.

Kymberly_S, Dec 31, 2018
  4. quasar923 Win User

Connected to internet but computer falsely reporting no connection

internet connection problem- help

my internet connection suddenly failed about 2 days ago. we had to power cycyle the the router and modem. the other computers on the same router network were able to connect. my computer upstairs still had the same problem. i am using my laptop now with the same eathernet connection my computer that doesnt get a connection with and the internet works fine on the laptop. it just randomly stoped working and idk what to do now. the cable is fine because i am able to use the laptop on it and the laptop doesnt get wireless so i know its not the cable. my computer is in the system specs. ive tried setting defualts in bios and that doesnt work either. ive turned my firewall off and that doesnt help either. any suggestions?

quasar923, Dec 31, 2018
Thema:

Connected to internet but computer falsely reporting no connection

1. Connected to internet but computer falsely reporting no connection - Similar Threads - Connected internet computer

2. Settings reports no internet connection but I am connected.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Settings reports no internet connection but I am connected.: Windows 10, settings says I am not connected to internet, wifi or Ethernet, some apps[m.s. weather says no connection] but yet I can surf, send receive email, steam movies on tv. Your phone app connects sometime....
  3. Computer not connecting to internet

Computer not connecting to internet: I have an issue with My computer and saying that it’s connected to the Internet with a ethernet cord but when I try to go into websites like steam discord any non-trusted like website but I like Microsoft and whenever I try or like I said when I search stuff up at work but...
  4. False Report

in Windows 10 Gaming
    False Report: I'm a clean gamer but for some reason, i got a message from xbox saying that my account has been banned this is the message: Notice of enforcement action: For more information, check the email associated with your Xbox Live account, or visit enforcement.xbox.com. Right...
  5. computer not connecting to internet

computer not connecting to internet: This is about my previous question. I have internet since i'm able to send this to you on my old computer. I purchased a new computer. It says i'm connected but I can not log on to anything with it. It said thread broken or no internet. Please advise what I can do....
  6. computer will not connect to internet

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    computer will not connect to internet: I just purchased a new HP Envy and am considering returning it because it will not connect to the internet. I keep getting this error message: "The Intel(R) Wireless AC 9560 160MHz adapter s experiencing problems." I see other are having this problem also. Is this...
  7. Solitaire Collection Reports "No Internet Connection"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Solitaire Collection Reports "No Internet Connection": I receive a message when starting the Solitaire Collection that I am not connected to the internet. But I am able to browse any website and LAN settings inform that I am connected. I tried the Internet Connections Troubleshooter, reset the Microsoft store, reinstalled the...
  8. Solitaire Collection Reports "No Internet Connection" - LAN Settings Reports Internet...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Solitaire Collection Reports "No Internet Connection" - LAN Settings Reports Internet...: I'm really tired of this. Solitaire Collection reports I am not connected to the internet even though I can browse any website, even though LAN settings reports I am connected. I have tried to reset the Microsoft store using wsreset as an administrator. I have tried the...
  9. Windows reports Internet connection is fine, but no real connection

Windows reports Internet connection is fine, but no real connection: So after trying to share files in my network I created a Homegroup with my other Windows 10 computer - where the Internet works fine. The problem computer is just a media center designed to run Kodi. I had no user account yet. So I created a password for my "default"...
  10. False "Cannot connect to the Internet" messages.

False "Cannot connect to the Internet" messages.: Dell Inspiron 15 Laptop, In-home wireless network, no other computers, running Windows 10. ISP is Cox Communications. I get occasional messages in the lower right corner saying "Cannot connect to the Internet. Please verify your Internet connection and try again". I do not...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 falsely reporting no internet globe

2. windows repoting not connected to internet

3. device falsely says no internet

4. windows phone falsely reports no internet