Windows 10: Connected to internet but system tray says no connection

Discus and support Connected to internet but system tray says no connection in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My setup: Windows10 Asus RT-N660U Direct LAN connection Comcast ISP and DNS I am online and posting this from the impacted system, so I am... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Randy_Dnose, Jan 29, 2019.

1. Connected to internet but system tray says no connection

My setup:

Windows10

Asus RT-N660U

Direct LAN connection

Comcast ISP and DNS

I am online and posting this from the impacted system, so I am clearly online with a connection. For some reason, Windows system tray says I have no internet connection (yellow triangle icon) and Windows store and other apps (Xbox live) aren't able to connect/authenticate. Windows Store shows my profile in the top right corner but encounters an error at sign-in (0x800704cf).

When I noticed the yellow icon in the tray I tried the following:

- ran the recommended network troubleshooting steps

- power cycled modem and router

- flushed DNS cache

- updated drivers

- disabled/re-enabled the LAN adapter

- disabled the wireless adapter (this PC doesn't have a wireless card)

- ran wsreset.exe

- configured router to Google DNS

- ran a factory reset on the router

- disabled Windows Defender firewall (using other security)

What else can I do to resolve this? I don't remember changing anything specific and everything appears to be on current versions.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you!!

Randy

:)

Randy_Dnose, Jan 29, 2019

2. Internet connection speeds

I'm really curious about this, considering the amount of hoopla every major internet connection provider likes to claim about their services, and many times exaggerated just to help their own sales . . .

So, with that in mind, anyone willing to post up their download/upload connection speeds, and we can see just how much of a difference there is in the various internet connection types.

Hit up Speedtest by Ookla - The Global Broadband Speed Test, choose the location closest to your home and begin the test, afterwards, copy and paste your result here. Also, please list what type of connection you have (dial-up, cable, DSL, VDSL, FiOS, etc) - if you are running through an ethernet connection, please also list whether it's a direct connection, or your LAN/WiFi connection speeds.

So, I guess I'lll start:

Verizon standard DSL - D-Link 802.11g 54Mbps

Connected to internet but system tray says no connection 189114715.png

imperialreign, Jan 29, 2019
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Connecting computer with no internet connection to network printer

@dk1971
    1. Open Admin command and type: ipconfig

Connected to internet but system tray says no connection [​IMG]
    2. Win+X->Control Panel->Netwok and Sharing Center
      Follow the screen shot. This should disable internet access from this PC but allows access to local device(s)
      NOTE: Use the IP & Subnet Mask from step 1. Leave Default gateway & DNS Server blank

Connected to internet but system tray says no connection [​IMG]

topgundcp, Jan 29, 2019
  4. 3mptylord Win User

Connected to internet but system tray says no connection

Network Settings says No Internet Connection, But...

I've tried unselecting the option but I didn't fix the issue - nor could I see why it would.

The following things connect to the internet fine:
    • Microsoft Edge (new IE)
    • Chrome
    • Steam's browser and Steam multiplayer games
    • League of Legends launcher, patcher, PVP.net and game client
    • Battle.net
    • Pretty much everything
    What doesn't work:

• Network Center (says I'm not connected)
    • Windows Live Mail (logging in)
    • Outlook (logging in)
    • Notepad 8 (logging in)
    • User Accounts (logging in)
    The issue seems to affect any Microsoft product that tries to connect to Live.

3mptylord, Jan 29, 2019
Thema:

Connected to internet but system tray says no connection

1. Connected to internet but system tray says no connection - Similar Threads - Connected internet system

2. Internet connection says No internet secured

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internet connection says No internet secured: I use my mobile to connect the internet to my laptop which has had no problems for years, now for some reason it says that No internet secured but I can go on the internet and use it fine, then a message appears asking me to open browser and sign in which has already been...
  3. Internet says connected but it's not connecting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet says connected but it's not connecting: Internet is connected but when attempting to open a new web page it's not connecting https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/internet-says-connected-but-its-not-connecting/9a335977-32aa-4fb7-92a2-cb05acfc301c
  4. Internet says connected but it's not connecting

Internet says connected but it's not connecting: Internet is connected but when attempting to open a new web page it's not connecting https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/internet-says-connected-but-its-not-connecting/9a335977-32aa-4fb7-92a2-cb05acfc301c
  5. Internet says connected but it's not connecting

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. Windows connected with internet but saying no internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows connected with internet but saying no internet: Adam good https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-connected-with-internet-but-saying-no/9224e082-664a-47e0-88c2-0508a6562e59
  7. Windows connected with internet but saying no internet

Windows connected with internet but saying no internet: Adam good https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-connected-with-internet-but-saying-no/9224e082-664a-47e0-88c2-0508a6562e59
  8. Computer icon in system tray says 'Not Connected'

Computer icon in system tray says 'Not Connected': I have installed Office 365 on my computer. However, when I go to activate it on Word, it says it can't because I'm not connected to the internet. This is a problem with my device that I can't figure out how to fix. I am connected to WiFi and can access anything online....
  9. Windows10 1903 - Internet works but on settings and tray icon says "internet not connected"

Windows10 1903 - Internet works but on settings and tray icon says "internet not connected": Hello, I made the following steps on my PC HP Windows 10: 1) I Reinstalled Windows 10 ( I had to do it because my PC was extremely slow); 2) After reinstalling Windows and connecting to internet via wifi (or ethernet similarly) I realized that Microsoft Edge and the...
  10. System Tray Icons and network connections

System Tray Icons and network connections: One good result (consequence?) of this is that that sleep function is behaving better. Weird.

Users found this page by searching for:

1. system tray network icon no internet