Windows 10: Connected to internet , still couldnt get anything on browser

Discus and support Connected to internet , still couldnt get anything on browser in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, Recently I have updated windows 11 on my Lenovo laptop L340 IdeaPad. Connected internet via mobile hotspot.i can see internet access showed as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by SagarYA, Jan 9, 2022.

1. SagarYA Win User

Connected to internet , still couldnt get anything on browser

Hi, Recently I have updated windows 11 on my Lenovo laptop L340 IdeaPad. Connected internet via mobile hotspot.i can see internet access showed as caption above wifi icon..tried updating drivers,all kind of reset via cmd, network reset done, added dns manually. Still iam not getting anything on browsers.

:)

SagarYA, Jan 9, 2022
  2. ps957 Win User

After upgrading to windows 10, internet connectivity drops frequently for some applications, but not all

Hi,

Thank you for your reply. My answers are interleaved with your questions.

• In which browser are you facing this issue e.g. Microsoft Edge or Internet Explorer?
    Multiple browsers: Chrome, Explorer, Firefox

• Do you get any error message?
      • In Chrome, I get "ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE" as the error message
    • Have you installed all pending Windows updates?
      • Yes. It is continuously getting updated.
    • Do you face connection fluctuation in Ethernet connection?
      • No. The internet connection is a solid 40Mb downlink. The same problem occurs when I'm hooked to a different internet service provider.
    • Is the issue specific to any particular website?
      • No, it occurs when I'm accessing multiple web sites. It is not related to any web site.

I suggest you to try connecting to Ethernet connection and check if face same issue.

The problem occurs when I'm using wired ethernet, an internal wifi card, or an external wifi usb dongle.

Also install all pending Windows updates I.

I just checked it . It is up to date.

Further you can refer the link below and follow the troubleshooting steps suggested.

I'm not going to spend time on these other steps, since as I mentioned it occurs on multiple browsers, and it is not tied to Internet Explorer or Microsoft Edge, unless you give me a good reason to do so.

Thank you.

ps957, Jan 9, 2022
  3. After upgrading to Windows 10, Edge is the only app that can connect to the internet

Hi ,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

With the issue description it seems like Edge is unable to connect to network.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and see if it helps:

Set Internet Explorer as default browser

I suggest you to set Internet Explorer as default web browser and restart the computer and see if it helps.

Disable Proxy

Sometimes using proxy to connect to the internet may cause issues while connecting to the network.

Follow the steps below to disable proxy:

• Press “Windows Key” + “R”.
    • Type “inetcpl.cpl”.
    • Go to Connection.
    • Click on LAN Settings.
    • Check the box which says Automatically detect settings.
    • Uncheck the box under Proxy server.

Run Internet Connection Troubleshooter

Though you are able to use internet, there could be some problems or some settings which could have stopped Windows services to connect to the internet.

I suggest you to run the Internet connection troubleshooter to fix such issues, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + R
    • Type Control
    • Click on Troubleshooting
    • Click on Connect to the internet
    • Click on Next and follow the On-screen instructions

Hope this helps, get back to us if you need further assistance.

Sahil Bali, Jan 9, 2022
  4. Connected to internet , still couldnt get anything on browser

Unable to connect to internet on browsers except for Microsoft Edge on Windows 10 computer.

Hi Nad,

Thank you for replying with the error messages received on trying to connect to internet on different browsers.

Please reply, did you try performing System restore as suggested in the above post?

If haven’t tried performing System restore, flush your PC’s
    DNS cache by following the steps below and check if the issue is resolved. Performing the below steps will clear DNS cache from the computer and renew the IP configuration set on the computer.

• Press Windows key + X keys on the keyboard and select
      Command prompt (Admin)
      from the context menu.
    • Type the following command and press Enter after each entries:
      • ipconfig /flushdns ipconfig /registerdns
      • ipconfig /release
      • ipconfig /renew
    • Close the windows and check if the changes are effective.

If the above steps does not resolve the issue, perform
    System restore by following steps mentioned in the above post and check if it helps.

Write to us with the status of unable to connect to internet on other browser except for Edge on the computer
    for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Jan 9, 2022
Thema:

Connected to internet , still couldnt get anything on browser

1. Connected to internet , still couldnt get anything on browser - Similar Threads - Connected internet still

2. Can't update windows or anything to do with internet connection apart from browser

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't update windows or anything to do with internet connection apart from browser: HelloI have a problem with my pc that I can't make anything work that needs connection to internet apart from the browser. Windows update does not work, any update on Microsoft store does not work.I started to notice the problem as I couldn't connect to some platforms that i...
  3. Can't update windows or anything to do with internet connection apart from browser

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't update windows or anything to do with internet connection apart from browser: HelloI have a problem with my pc that I can't make anything work that needs connection to internet apart from the browser. Windows update does not work, any update on Microsoft store does not work.I started to notice the problem as I couldn't connect to some platforms that i...
  4. Couldnt connect Bluetooth

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Couldnt connect Bluetooth: Couldnt connect Bluetooth devices after system restore. It is working before but I need to perform restore due to different reason and now I cant connect my devices. Tried to remove devices and pair it again but issue still the same. The driver in the device manager are all...
  5. Couldnt connect Bluetooth

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Couldnt connect Bluetooth: Couldnt connect Bluetooth devices after system restore. It is working before but I need to perform restore due to different reason and now I cant connect my devices. Tried to remove devices and pair it again but issue still the same. The driver in the device manager are all...
  6. Couldnt connect Bluetooth

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Connected to internet , still couldnt get anything on browser

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Connected to internet , still couldnt get anything on browser: Hi, Recently I have updated windows 11 on my Lenovo laptop L340 IdeaPad. Connected internet via mobile hotspot.i can see internet access showed as caption above wifi icon..tried updating drivers,all kind of reset via cmd, network reset done, added dns manually. Still iam not...
  8. Connected to the internet, but no browser will load

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Connected to the internet, but no browser will load: I'm running windows 10 on a Lenovo ideapad y700. Yesterday while I was on a call, the video froze and the website wouldn't load anymore. Since then none of my browsers (google chrome, opera, and edge) will work, they just display a blank page and load forever. I updated my...
  9. unable to browse the internet in anything but the edge browser

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    unable to browse the internet in anything but the edge browser: I have a fresh install of windows 10 pro. after installing, the first thing I did was install chrome. and it worked until I installed updates to windows, after that only edge was able to brows websites. edge works windows update works battle.net works chrome does not...
  10. Internet Connection, but still randomly get 'SERVER NOT FOUND'

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet Connection, but still randomly get 'SERVER NOT FOUND': Hi, After may troubles with windows 10 I am now facing a WIFI problem. I have an atheros AR9285 and have the latest drivers installed (according to windows). The problem is that while I do have an internet connection, browsing the web results many times in a 'SERVER NOT...