Windows 10: connected to internet via dial up connection but not working hotspot

Discus and support connected to internet via dial up connection but not working hotspot in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; connected internet broadband connection trying to share with mobile but not working hotspot showing you don't have internet connection checked in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by BalkrushnaNavale, Apr 7, 2020.

1. connected to internet via dial up connection but not working hotspot

connected internet broadband connection trying to share with mobile but not working hotspot showing you don't have internet connection checked in network notification shows Ethernet no internet access but internet working properly

:)

BalkrushnaNavale, Apr 7, 2020
  2. Nick94 Win User

Dial Up and Ethernet connection simultaneously

Hello All,

I have a PC with Windows 10 installed. The PC is connected to the LAN and has access to the internet.
    I have connected as well the ISDN Terminal Adapter to this PC, which I am using for the Dial UP connections.
    I know this is old technology but I need Dial UP for the maintaining some of my customers equipment.

The problem is, as soon as I establish the Dial Up connection I am losing access to the Internet and on my Ethernet connection icon I can see this yellow triangle with exclamation mark. The funny thing is, not so far ago everything has been working properly, now it is really annoying, because usually I am connecting to this PC via app similar to the Team Viewer and when I am Dial Up the PC is losing access to the Internet and I am losing remote access to this PC, which is pointless. Any advice and suggestions will be really appreciated!

Please see the screenshots of my routing table before and after Dial Up connection at the bottom of this post.

As you can see the metric of my default route is changing every time when I Dial Up.

I was trying to change the metric manually but even if I do this, always after I Dial Up the metric for my default gateway is changed.

Kind Regards,

Nick

connected to internet via dial up connection but not working hotspot [​IMG]

Nick94, Apr 7, 2020
  3. Internet connection speeds

I'm really curious about this, considering the amount of hoopla every major internet connection provider likes to claim about their services, and many times exaggerated just to help their own sales . . .

So, with that in mind, anyone willing to post up their download/upload connection speeds, and we can see just how much of a difference there is in the various internet connection types.

Hit up Speedtest by Ookla - The Global Broadband Speed Test, choose the location closest to your home and begin the test, afterwards, copy and paste your result here. Also, please list what type of connection you have (dial-up, cable, DSL, VDSL, FiOS, etc) - if you are running through an ethernet connection, please also list whether it's a direct connection, or your LAN/WiFi connection speeds.

So, I guess I'lll start:

Verizon standard DSL - D-Link 802.11g 54Mbps

connected to internet via dial up connection but not working hotspot 189114715.png

imperialreign, Apr 7, 2020
  4. John Ado Win User

connected to internet via dial up connection but not working hotspot

Mobile hotspot Connected but no internet access

Got it.

This usually happen if Internet Connection Sharing was not enabled. To do this, follow these steps:

• Press Windows key + X and select Network Connections.
    • Please note that at this point, your hotspot connection should be showing here
    • Right-click your internet source, which should be Ethernet.
    • Select Properties.
    • Click Sharing.
    • Check the Allow other network users to connect through this computer's Internet connection option.
    • Under Home networking connection drop-down menu select your
      hotspot connection name
    • Click OK.

Please advised as necessary.

John Ado, Apr 7, 2020
Thema:

connected to internet via dial up connection but not working hotspot

1. connected to internet via dial up connection but not working hotspot - Similar Threads - connected internet via

2. Windows 10 dial-up connection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 dial-up connection: My parents, ages 81 and 77, purchased a new computer. The default web browser is Microsoft Edge. On their previous computer, which had Windows XP installed, they had a fairly simple process to connect to the internet. Open Internet Explorer Select "dial" when prompt appears...
  3. Can not start hotspot using dial-up connection

Can not start hotspot using dial-up connection: I have windows 10 os and a DIAL UP connection at my home.I want to share it through windows hotspot options but i cannot find any option for doing the same . I know that there is a hotspot button in settings but it says " We can't set up mobile hotspot because PC dosent have...
  4. Unable to change a dial up connection to Ethernet connection

Unable to change a dial up connection to Ethernet connection: How to change a dial up connection to a Ethernet connection. I am not using any router, but the cable provided by the ISP directly to my laptop port. I already have dial up and Ethernet connection both installed and tried in several ways to do it by googling but every time I...
  5. internet connection Broadband dial up connection which I want to share via Windows 10...

internet connection Broadband dial up connection which I want to share via Windows 10...: Split from this thread. Dear all, I have tried to fix a same problem. So I have internet connection Broadband dial up connection which I want to share via Windows 10 Mobile Hotspot. But this action not allowed by Windows. Could you help me with this...
  6. Dial-Up connection issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dial-Up connection issue: Hi guys, I m using a dial-up connection via Mobile SIM card in USB Modem. After update internet got connected, Microsoft store and Xbox is working fine. I can able to browse as well, but some store apps are not working. Like i downloaded Asphalt 8 through Microsoft store....
  7. Dial Up and Ethernet connection simultaneously

Dial Up and Ethernet connection simultaneously: Hello All, I have a PC with Windows 10 installed. The PC is connected to the LAN and has access to the internet. I have connected as well the ISDN Terminal Adapter to this PC, which I am using for the Dial UP connections. I know this is old technology but I need Dial UP for...
  8. Dial up connection not recognized.

Dial up connection not recognized.: I was using a very old version of windows 10 (1709) and recently updated to the newest version(1809). I use a dial up internet connection which worked fine in the old version. But now, though I can connect to the internet and browse the internet, windows shows that I am not...
  9. How to share dial up connection via hotspot in Windows 10

How to share dial up connection via hotspot in Windows 10: https://www.windowscentral.com/how-turn-your-windows-10-pc-wireless-hotspot https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-share-dial-up-connection-via-hotspot-in/58775459-82da-4e3f-8586-5db90afc2231
  10. PPPOE Dial Up connection issue

PPPOE Dial Up connection issue: PPPOE or any dial up connection showing I'm not connected to internet and no Microsoft app is connecting to internet. Can't even sign in to my acc. But Edge works fine and I can browse internet. [ATTACH]...