Windows 10: Connected to the internet vis Dialing, but Windows 10 says I didn't, nor having a...

Discus and support Connected to the internet vis Dialing, but Windows 10 says I didn't, nor having a... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am online, posting here, but Windows 10 tells me I am not connected to a network, No Internet, No recognised Network, I cannot gain access to Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DannyHFSo, Dec 8, 2019.

1. DannyHFSo Win User

Connected to the internet vis Dialing, but Windows 10 says I didn't, nor having a...

I am online, posting here, but Windows 10 tells me I am not connected to a network, No Internet, No recognised Network, I cannot gain access to Windows Store, cannot access automatic update too. Any fix to this?

I connected my computer to a moderm.

Network Troubleshooter says it found that Windows tested my internet connection and confirmed that I have access to some websites. … then nothing helps.

:)

DannyHFSo, Dec 8, 2019
  2. Nick94 Win User

Dial Up and Ethernet connection simultaneously

Hello All,

I have a PC with Windows 10 installed. The PC is connected to the LAN and has access to the internet.
    I have connected as well the ISDN Terminal Adapter to this PC, which I am using for the Dial UP connections.
    I know this is old technology but I need Dial UP for the maintaining some of my customers equipment.

The problem is, as soon as I establish the Dial Up connection I am losing access to the Internet and on my Ethernet connection icon I can see this yellow triangle with exclamation mark. The funny thing is, not so far ago everything has been working properly, now it is really annoying, because usually I am connecting to this PC via app similar to the Team Viewer and when I am Dial Up the PC is losing access to the Internet and I am losing remote access to this PC, which is pointless. Any advice and suggestions will be really appreciated!

Please see the screenshots of my routing table before and after Dial Up connection at the bottom of this post.

As you can see the metric of my default route is changing every time when I Dial Up.

I was trying to change the metric manually but even if I do this, always after I Dial Up the metric for my default gateway is changed.

Kind Regards,

Nick

Connected to the internet vis Dialing, but Windows 10 says I didn't, nor having a... [​IMG]

Connected to the internet vis Dialing, but Windows 10 says I didn't, nor having a... [​IMG]

Nick94, Dec 8, 2019
  3. Isha Soni Win User
    Windows 10 Dial Up Connection Problem.

Hi Saad,

Thanks for posting your query to Microsoft forum. I will certainly help you with this.

If you have clean installed Windows 10 you'll have to buy new product key from Microsoft.

• What happens when you try to connect the dial-up connection?
    • From which version of Windows you have upgraded to Windows 10?

Before setting up a Dial-up connection please check this:

• Check the phone line that runs from your wall to the phone port on your PC's modem.

• Make sure call waiting is turned off on your phone line when you connect to the Internet so that incoming calls don't disconnect the Internet connection.

Setup the dial-up connection :

• Click on Windows key on the keyboard.
    • Type Dial up.
    • You will have an option to Set up a Dial-up Connection.
    • Follow the wizard for creating a new dial up connection.
    Please reply with the information asked, we'll be glad to assist you further.

Thanks & Regards,

Isha Soni, Dec 8, 2019
  4. pintree3 Win User

Connected to the internet vis Dialing, but Windows 10 says I didn't, nor having a...

How2 quickly turn on a Dial-up Broadband Connection?

Here and elsewhere I found how to create a Dial-up, broadband connection (sorry still using this old stuff seeing that I am at a university in China) shortcut placed on the desktop. B4 the shortcut I had to:
    -1- click on the R-side of the task bar icon
    -2- Click on the broadband strip on top
    -3- Click on the connection
    -4- click on Connect
    Creating a shortcut from there (Settings -> Network & Internet -> DIal-up) onto the desktop actually creates an extra step since it defaults to VPN instead--and even if it didn't it would still be 4 steps.
    Is this any way to make this a 1 or 2-step process?
    Thank you

pintree3, Dec 8, 2019
Thema:

1. Connected to the internet vis Dialing, but Windows 10 says I didn't, nor having a... - Similar Threads - Connected internet vis

2. Windows connected with internet but saying no internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows connected with internet but saying no internet: Adam good https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-connected-with-internet-but-saying-no/9224e082-664a-47e0-88c2-0508a6562e59
  3. Windows says I have no internet connection, but I do.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows says I have no internet connection, but I do.: I am running windows 10 home version 1909. My icon in the taskbar shows no internet access, but I can use it just fine. I saw here...
  4. Windows 10 dial-up connection

Windows 10 dial-up connection: My parents, ages 81 and 77, purchased a new computer. The default web browser is Microsoft Edge. On their previous computer, which had Windows XP installed, they had a fairly simple process to connect to the internet. Open Internet Explorer Select "dial" when prompt appears...
  5. Windows 10 says I have no internet connection even though there is.

Windows 10 says I have no internet connection even though there is.: I am using Windows 10. Recently, my wireless network has been unable to detect internet even though I can still go online. Everything on the browser still works and i can still surf the net. However, apps that runs at the background and microsoft products that rely on the...
  6. Windows 10 says I have no internet connection, but I have.

Windows 10 says I have no internet connection, but I have.: I am running on Windows 10 Enterprise, Version 2004, OS Build 19041.264. I recently changed to the Windows Insider Program and updated Windows. In the taskbar, the Wi-Fi icon shows No Internet Access, but I have a stable internet connection wirelessly Ex: I can browse the...
  7. Windows 10 saying "you need Internet for this" but I do have valid Internet connection -...

Windows 10 saying "you need Internet for this" but I do have valid Internet connection -...: I have been using my laptop with Windows 10 for years and recently I am using this laptop in company, connecting with a usb ethernet dongle. Now here comes the trouble, when I re-connect my network at home with home wifi, some Microsoft applications says no Internet...
  8. windows 10 keeps saying that I have no internet connection when I do

windows 10 keeps saying that I have no internet connection when I do: I'm having a big problem my computers windows 10 is saying I have no internet connection but I do have internet but because of this I can't use some of windows 10's features I've use the windows troubleshooting and it there's nothing wrong even apps other apps are there's no...
  9. Windows says not connected, but i have internet.

Windows says not connected, but i have internet.: So I use a dsl pppoe connection to access internet. [ATTACH][ATTACH] But recently I discovered I can not access ms store or other metro apps. Even windows update is showing error. [ATTACH] Then when I check my settings it says not connected. Even though I am connected...
  10. Windows 10 says I have no internet connection, however I do.

Windows 10 says I have no internet connection, however I do.: Was wondering if anyone had any experience with this, as it's never happened, and I've tried everything short of reinstalling Windows 10. About a month ago (I assume this may be due to the recent windows update), Windows tells me that I have no internet connection when, in...