Windows 10: Connected to wifi and has internet access but not able to open any websites

Discus and support Connected to wifi and has internet access but not able to open any websites in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; HI, My PC is connected to available WIFI. And it show it has internet access but i can't open any websites. Regards Vinoth... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Vinoth Raj S, Sep 12, 2019.

1. Connected to wifi and has internet access but not able to open any websites

HI,

My PC is connected to available WIFI. And it show it has internet access but i can't open any websites.

Regards

Vinoth

:)

Vinoth Raj S, Sep 12, 2019

2. Unable to access YouTube websites on Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge on Windows 10

Hi,

As you are facing issues with accessing the YouTube on Windows browsers, do not worry we will help you with this issue.

Provide us additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the complete error message/ error code while trying to access the web pages?
    • Does this issue specific only with YouTube?
    • Have you made any changes to the operating system prior to this issue?

Try the below workarounds to identify what is causing the issue:

• Try to access YouTube in different browser and check if it is working fine. This will let us know if the issue is with the website/ the Microsoft browsers.
    • Also, try to access different website on Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge.

Try the below troubleshooting steps to access the website and check if it helps.

Method 1: For Internet Explorer

Step 1: I suggest you to run the Internet Explorer Performance troubleshooter.

• Press Windows key, type
      troubleshooting
      and select it.
    • Click on View all in the left pane.
    • Click on Internet Explorer Performance
      and follow the onscreen instructions.

Step 2: If the issue is only on Internet Explorer and to specific website, I suggest you to view the website in compatibility view to check if the issue is confined to compatibility.

Steps to view the website in compatibility view:

• Open Internet Explorer
      and open the website.
    • Click on Gear/ Settings icon at the right-top corner of the window.
    • Click on Compatibility View Settings, click on Add
      to add the website and click on Close.
    • Reopen the website and check if the issue persists.

Step 3: If the issue still persists, I suggest you to access the website in
    InPrivate mode and check.

InPrivate Browsing enables you to surf the web without leaving a trail in Internet Explorer. This helps prevent anyone else who might be using your computer from seeing what sites you visited and what you looked at on the web. You can start InPrivate
    Browsing from the New Tab page or the Safety button.

Steps to open the browser in InPrivate mode:

Open Internet Explorer, press Shift+Ctrl+P
    to open the browser in InPrivate mode and try to access the website.

Method 2: For Microsoft Edge:

I suggest you to check if the Adobe Flash player is enabled on Microsoft Edge.

• Open Microsoft Edge, click on More actions
      (...) in the right-top corner of Microsoft Edge window.
    • Click on Settings, scroll down and click on
      Advanced settings
    • Enable Use Adobe Flash Player
    • Check if the issue persists with accessing the YouTube websites.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status to access YouTube website on Microsoft browsers for further

assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Sep 12, 2019
  3. wpcoe Win User
    No WiFi in Win10 Pro (1903) Windows Sandbox

I (seemingly) successfully updated my Surface Pro 6 to v.1903 today, and after some initial fumbles enabling it, now have Windows Sandbox enabled and it seems to open just fine. However, there is no WiFi access within Sandbox.

Accessing Settings for Network & Internet, the list on the left is:
    Status
    Ethernet
    Dial-up
    VPN
    Airplane mode
    Date usage
    Proxy
    WiFi appears no place in that window. Network status shows No Internet Access.

What step am I missing to be able to access the internet from within the Sandbox using my computer's WiFi connection?

wpcoe, Sep 12, 2019
  4. Bree Win User

Connected to wifi and has internet access but not able to open any websites

Kick or Ban who is connected with my internet ?

You should still be able to use NavyLCDR's second step without changing the WiFi password.

Thema:

Connected to wifi and has internet access but not able to open any websites

1. Connected to wifi and has internet access but not able to open any websites - Similar Threads - Connected wifi has

2. Connected to Wifi, but no access to the internet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Connected to Wifi, but no access to the internet: At work, my computer will connect to the server, but I have no internet access on Wifi. If I use an ethernet, all's well. It worked yesterday. I had the IT guy here. He reverted my computer to the last software update and it did not fix the problem. I am using a Surface Book...
  3. Connected to Wifi, but no access to the internet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Connected to Wifi, but no access to the internet: At work, my computer will connect to the server, but I have no internet access on Wifi. If I use an ethernet, all's well. It worked yesterday. I had the IT guy here. He reverted my computer to the last software update and it did not fix the problem. I am using a Surface Book...
  4. Laptop Connected to Internet Ethernet or Wifi but can’t access websites

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop Connected to Internet Ethernet or Wifi but can’t access websites: These are the methods I have tried to solve the issue listed: Restarted Computer Reset Network Cleared Cache and History All of it Troubleshooting with Proxy Network Chrome or Edge is effected with the same response Used Windows Troubleshooting Turned off Firewall and turned...
  5. Laptop Connected to Internet Ethernet or Wifi but can’t access websites

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop Connected to Internet Ethernet or Wifi but can’t access websites: These are the methods I have tried to solve the issue listed: Restarted Computer Reset Network Cleared Cache and History All of it Troubleshooting with Proxy Network Chrome or Edge is effected with the same response Used Windows Troubleshooting Turned off Firewall and turned...
  6. My laptop connects to WiFi but has no internet access

My laptop connects to WiFi but has no internet access: First of all, this problem only happens in my laptop: every other device in my house has no trouble connecting to the Internet. It also happens only in Windows 10: I have dual-booted Ubuntu and WiFi works fine there. Using an Ethernet cable results in the same problem. My...
  7. Not able to connect to the internet through WiFi

Not able to connect to the internet through WiFi: Good morning. Last night I was working by connecting the laptop to the internet through phone. All of a sudden it was disconnected and from that time I am not able to see the available devices in my network option. Only the Airplane mode is there. Please have a look:...
  8. Connected to wifi but no internet access

Connected to wifi but no internet access: My computer can connect to wifi and it also says that it has internet access but when i go to every website it says that I'm not connected to internet. I tried to ping to gateway 192.168.1.1 but requested timeout. I can only have like 5 seconds of internet access but then...
  9. Internet is connected but can't open any website

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Internet is connected but can't open any website: Since i changed something on my hosts file (blocked some sites) the internet isn't working anymore. I also can't change or replace the hosts file anymore because its says it is used in another program. Also i can't close the DNS-Client with the task-manager as admin. (Dns...
  10. Windows 10 Apps are not able to access internet when they are connect to WIFI which has...

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows 10 Apps are not able to access internet when they are connect to WIFI which has...: when I connect my system to a wifi network which has proxy settings and IP address etcc., Windows 10 Apps(Microsoft store apps) are not able to access the internet where are remaining applications are able to access the internet which is downloaded from the internet. (Chrome,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. apps not able to access with wifi but works on browser