Windows 10: Connected to WiFi but can't make a search on browser

Discus and support Connected to WiFi but can't make a search on browser in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi there, Info to know: HP pavilion running windows 10. We have been having tons of wifi for the past week. Now this problem is occurring after we... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by CountOmar63, May 26, 2020.

1. Connected to WiFi but can't make a search on browser

Hi there,

Info to know: HP pavilion running windows 10. We have been having tons of wifi for the past week. Now this problem is occurring after we got every other device working in our house.

I have spent hours upon hours trying to solve this issue to no luck. I am not able to make any search in the browser. It appears that I am connected to WiFi just fine. I did a diagnosis and it said something along the lines of "Your computer appears to be correctly configured, but the device or resource DNS server is not responding".

Things I've tried:

command prompt, I did the thing with winsock as well as ipconfig.

Reset my wifi modem, keep in mind that the computer is able to connect to other wifi networks just fine.

Uninstalled chrome

I also did this: Selected Obtain an IP address automatically and then selected Obtain DNS server address automatically option.

Restarted PC a countless number of times

Thanks for your help, and I seriously look forward to your advice.

:)

CountOmar63, May 26, 2020
  2. erkgoer Win User

Wifi Connectivity and Browser Usage

I followed the troubleshooting steps above. They did not resolve the wifi connectivity or browser usage settings.

My laptop still will not stay connected to wifi, and browsers are still freezing or timing out when trying to load webpages.

erkgoer, May 26, 2020
  3. Wifi Connectivity and Browser Usage

Hi,

Sorry for the delayed reply.

I suggest you to try the steps below and check if it helps.

• Try to run the Network troubleshooter (Previous one was Adapter troubleshooter). Either search for it in the Search or run it by following the link below.
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/cant-connect-to-network#1TC=windows-8

• Try a different network adapter/connection type if possible.
    • Check for Windows Updates.
    • Open a CMD window as Administrator:
      • dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
      • sfc /scannow
      • netsh winsock reset
    Also try to restart the DNS service.

• Press Windows Logo Key+X. Click on
      Run.

• Type services.msc. Click on
      Ok.

• Then find DNS client. Right-click on it to
      Stop it and Restart it.
    If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, May 26, 2020
  4. simrick Win User

Connected to WiFi but can't make a search on browser

When will the wifi connectivity problems be solved?

Hi Wabbles and welcome to Tenforums.

I've got 4 systems connecting via wireless; all adapters are different makes; all have zero issues, and two of them are old (wireless-G only). Most every issue I have seen with wireless connections has been driver-related. (Or, impending router failure.) I would suggest identifying your adapter model/make, and searching for different drivers that you can try out. And, sometimes an older driver works better than a newer one (just had this issue on a system I was working on yesterday). Also, verify you have these same connection issues when connecting to different routers, just to rule that out.

simrick, May 26, 2020
Thema:

Connected to WiFi but can't make a search on browser

1. Connected to WiFi but can't make a search on browser - Similar Threads - Connected WiFi can't

2. Can't connect to wifi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't connect to wifi: Split from this thread. I am also having the same problem, In that it will identify the SSID for the hotspot but the SSID for the Home Network it is absent. it just does not appear. it is also that way for my work laptop also running Windows 7, also connects to hotspot but...
  3. Can't connect to wifi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't connect to wifi: I cannot connect to internet on my windows 11 laptop. I've had my laptop for more than 2 years and one day it just stopped connecting to wifi. I've tried everything a network reset, forgot the wifi, restarted my pc, shut it off, and I even did a hard reset and I can't even...
  4. Can't connect to WiFi.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't connect to WiFi.: I just opened up my pc and tried to connect to my wifi but it just says "no internet,secured".It's not my router becuase all my other devices work fine on the wifi.Someone please help. submitted by /u/kakarot4367 [link] [comments]...
  5. Can't Connect to Wifi

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't Connect to Wifi: Hello, I've been having a problem with my network adapters. It's been days since I have been experiencing not veing able to connect to my wifi and I believe that it has nothing to do with my internet connection since it works on other devices perfectly. I tried...
  6. Can't make FireFox default browser?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't make FireFox default browser?: Every time I start FireFox I'm presented with a dialog asking if I want to make it my default browser. Yes I do!! I am brought to the screen which lets me choose a browser, but FireFox isn't among the choices. I choose to search for another browser and I'm brought to the...
  7. Can't make my mobile wifi a "metered" connection

Can't make my mobile wifi a "metered" connection: As shown in the diagram below, The button is not clickable. I need help[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-make-my-mobile-wifi-a-metered-connection/6f3a7d54-e449-4010-9c97-c8d2f4b4c25d
  8. WIFI appears to be connected, but i really can't make any connection.

WIFI appears to be connected, but i really can't make any connection.: Hello, i am running windows 10 pro edition. My pc does not have an integral wifi adapter so i use an usb one. The wifi mostly appear to be connected with full bars. but i really cant go on the internet. it can also sometimes appear as the little yellow ! ontop of the wifi...
  9. Can't connect to wifi

Can't connect to wifi: It says that I'm connected, but the login page never pops up. I can go on a few sites, but I can do very limited things (for example, I can search for videos on YouTube, but I can't watch anything). Everything was working just fine about an hour ago. I've tried turning my...
  10. Make Chrome the default browser in start-search

in Browsers and Email
    Make Chrome the default browser in start-search: How do I make Google Chrome (rather the Edge) as the default search engine when do a Start - search request? 94202