Windows 10: Connected to wifi, but getting nothing data wisr

Discus and support Connected to wifi, but getting nothing data wisr in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I changed my ip and then accidentally deleted the program, now I am connected but I cannot get any signal, and cant do anything internet related on my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Dioxol, Oct 3, 2018.

1. Dioxol Win User

Connected to wifi, but getting nothing data wisr

I changed my ip and then accidentally deleted the program, now I am connected but I cannot get any signal, and cant do anything internet related on my laptop. When I troubleshooted it, it said: "the configured proxy server is not responding"

:)

Dioxol, Oct 3, 2018
  2. wabbles Win User

When will the wifi connectivity problems be solved?

OK, so the Windows 10 engineers bollixed up the wifi connectivity part of the operating system. Everybody knows that by now. It seems they are making some progress in resolving it. Now, instead of seeing "Secured, No Internet" on your list of wifi connections, you see "Connected, Secured" EXCEPT no webpages will load. So you really aren't connected. It does seem to be a step in the right direction. Does anybody know when they plan on a full and complete repair of this screw up of epic proportions?

wabbles, Oct 3, 2018
  3. PeterND Win User
    wifi connected but no data flows

Got an 830 and on Rogers cellular in Canada.

Just back from a trip across Russia.

Found wifi connected in some hotels but did not in others (very frustrating)

Got back to Europe where we have a temporary home and wifi service and still no connection at home.

Rebooted + have now have connection.....but no data is flowing

Router offers both 2.4G and 5G streams. Tried both. Tried rebooting a couple of times. Switched off the battery saver etc.

Phone (news, weather, gmail etc) all not updated for 3 days yet wifi shows connected (and connects automatically now).

Don't want to switch on the mobile data.

Any suggestions on how to get the wifi data flowing.

PeterND, Oct 3, 2018
  4. simrick Win User

When will the wifi connectivity problems be solved?

Hi Wabbles and welcome to Tenforums.

I've got 4 systems connecting via wireless; all adapters are different makes; all have zero issues, and two of them are old (wireless-G only). Most every issue I have seen with wireless connections has been driver-related. (Or, impending router failure.) I would suggest identifying your adapter model/make, and searching for different drivers that you can try out. And, sometimes an older driver works better than a newer one (just had this issue on a system I was working on yesterday). Also, verify you have these same connection issues when connecting to different routers, just to rule that out.

simrick, Oct 3, 2018
Thema:

1. Connected to wifi, but getting nothing data wisr - Similar Threads - Connected wifi getting

2. Not getting WiFi option to connect

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not getting WiFi option to connect: Hi, I am not getting WiFi icon to connect to network its been happening many times, I have checked many options to resolve but its not happening with any of them, please help me out to resolve the issue, its critically urgent....
  3. Not getting WiFi option to connect

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Not getting WiFi option to connect: Hi, I am not getting WiFi icon to connect to network its been happening many times, I have checked many options to resolve but its not happening with any of them, please help me out to resolve the issue, its critically urgent....
  4. Wifi shows connected but nothing will work.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi shows connected but nothing will work.: Im on my phone typing this so i cant give system information with a snap of a finger. However the issue im having is the wifi bars are full and im connected, troubleshooter cant seem to find any issues, and the status says im connected. i can however, run google chrome but...
  5. Nothing is connecting with Bluetooth.

Nothing is connecting with Bluetooth.: I have just started to check out Bluetooth on my new Tablet PC. No BT device will connect. I am concentrating on my Android Phone (for use with Your Phone) and a folding BT keyboard. 'Adding a BT device' has not worked. I have checked a variety of Settings such as Device...
  6. cant get my wifi to connect

cant get my wifi to connect: i have a new orbi wifi everything connects to it but my new hp computer wont https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-get-my-wifi-to-connect/7986d5ee-e537-4b02-96d7-905763d4b744
  7. WiFiInfoView possibly showing inaccurate WiFi connection data

WiFiInfoView possibly showing inaccurate WiFi connection data: I'm having a hard time with my WiFi connection in this underdeveloped state of Florida. I picked a room as close as possible to the antenna, but my WiFi kept connecting to different access points, and the signal quality/strength would drop. I need this to be reliable since...
  8. Windows shows it’s connected fine to the wifi, but nothing will load, and if it does, it...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows shows it’s connected fine to the wifi, but nothing will load, and if it does, it...: Discord won’t load, Steam won’t load, chrome pages load for maybe 20 seconds or so then it says this site can’t be reached. Windows says it’s connected to the wifi fine, troubleshooter won’t say anything’s wrong. what the fuck is happening i’ve been trying solutions all day....
  9. Computer won’t connect to WiFi, nothing is working to fix it

Computer won’t connect to WiFi, nothing is working to fix it: Hi, I have a Windows 10 computer it is entirely wireless and therefore it does not need an ethernet cable, and it’s not like I have one anyways that is having the utmost difficulty connecting and staying connected to the internet. You see, whenever my computer is inactive...
  10. Connected to WiFi, but no Internet connection, nothing helped

Connected to WiFi, but no Internet connection, nothing helped: Hi, My computer shows that I have WiFi connection and that I am connected to the Internet, however I am not able to load any web pages. When I run problem solver tool, it either finds 'bad gateway problem' and fixes it, or doesn't find anything at all. Then the internet...