Windows 10: Connected to WiFi, but no Internet connection, nothing helped

Discus and support Connected to WiFi, but no Internet connection, nothing helped in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, My computer shows that I have WiFi connection and that I am connected to the Internet, however I am not able to load any web pages. When I run... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Xyzymir, Dec 27, 2018.

1. Xyzymir Win User

Connected to WiFi, but no Internet connection, nothing helped

Hi,

My computer shows that I have WiFi connection and that I am connected to the Internet, however I am not able to load any web pages. When I run problem solver tool, it either finds 'bad gateway problem' and fixes it, or doesn't find anything at all. Then the internet connection works for a minute or so, and after that it shuts down again. Than the connection icon still shows that I have both WiFi and internet connection, or that I have WiFi with no internet.

I've tried many methods I've found, such as: refreshing dns, ip, restarting network device, unistalling drivers, ... and so on. But nothing has solved my problem for more than two minutes.

Other devices connect to the internet without any problems.

:)

Xyzymir, Dec 27, 2018

2. Internet connection speeds

I'm really curious about this, considering the amount of hoopla every major internet connection provider likes to claim about their services, and many times exaggerated just to help their own sales . . .

So, with that in mind, anyone willing to post up their download/upload connection speeds, and we can see just how much of a difference there is in the various internet connection types.

Hit up http://www.speedtest.net/, choose the location closest to your home and begin the test, afterwards, copy and paste your result here. Also, please list what type of connection you have (dial-up, cable, DSL, VDSL, FiOS, etc) - if you are running through an ethernet connection, please also list whether it's a direct connection, or your LAN/WiFi connection speeds.

So, I guess I'lll start:

Verizon standard DSL - D-Link 802.11g 54Mbps

Connected to WiFi, but no Internet connection, nothing helped 189114715.png

imperialreign, Dec 27, 2018
  3. wabbles Win User
    When will the wifi connectivity problems be solved?

OK, so the Windows 10 engineers bollixed up the wifi connectivity part of the operating system. Everybody knows that by now. It seems they are making some progress in resolving it. Now, instead of seeing "Secured, No Internet" on your list of wifi connections, you see "Connected, Secured" EXCEPT no webpages will load. So you really aren't connected. It does seem to be a step in the right direction. Does anybody know when they plan on a full and complete repair of this screw up of epic proportions?

wabbles, Dec 27, 2018
  4. quasar923 Win User

internet connection problem- help

my internet connection suddenly failed about 2 days ago. we had to power cycyle the the router and modem. the other computers on the same router network were able to connect. my computer upstairs still had the same problem. i am using my laptop now with the same eathernet connection my computer that doesnt get a connection with and the internet works fine on the laptop. it just randomly stoped working and idk what to do now. the cable is fine because i am able to use the laptop on it and the laptop doesnt get wireless so i know its not the cable. my computer is in the system specs. ive tried setting defualts in bios and that doesnt work either. ive turned my firewall off and that doesnt help either. any suggestions?

quasar923, Dec 27, 2018
Thema:

1. Connected to WiFi, but no Internet connection, nothing helped - Similar Threads - Connected WiFi Internet

2. Connected to WiFi but not Connected to the Internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Connected to WiFi but not Connected to the Internet: I'm having a strange problem on my ASUS Vivobook. I'm connected to my home wifi but the toolbar is still showing the "No Connection" icon.Edge works fine and I can enter any website without issue. When I try to log into Microsoft Office, it tells me it's not connected to the...
  3. Connected to WiFi but not Connected to the Internet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Connected to WiFi but not Connected to the Internet: I'm having a strange problem on my ASUS Vivobook. I'm connected to my home wifi but the toolbar is still showing the "No Connection" icon.Edge works fine and I can enter any website without issue. When I try to log into Microsoft Office, it tells me it's not connected to the...
  4. internet connection wifi

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    internet connection wifi: i used my laptop all day fine. When it's in sleep and i go back to it, it is trying to get me to connect with an open hotspot wifi. I have my own. I have never had this problem until one day I clicked on the xfinity wifi by mistake, i did not connect to it but now when i'm...
  5. Connected to WiFi but no internet, please help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Connected to WiFi but no internet, please help: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/sleepstr [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/le50on/connected_to_wifi_but_no_internet_please_help/
  6. "WiFi connected but no Internet"

"WiFi connected but no Internet": My pixel 3a and my mom's iPhone was working perfectly fine in the morning, after I stopped using briefly it said "WiFi connected no internet". I tried restarting my router and phone multiple times and forgetting the network, setting my connection to unmetered. I also used...
  7. Wifi connected but no internet

Wifi connected but no internet: Yesterday I turned on my pc and it had no internet, normal at first for it to take a second to connect, so I walked away and got a drink or something and it still had no internet. It said "Connected, no Internet". I've already run the troubleshoot tool and it said that my IP...
  8. Internet connection wifi

Internet connection wifi: I usually use connection wifi from my house. Sunddenly it couldn't connect. Problems found from my laptop is the DNS Server isn't working. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/internet-connection-wifi/b655c13d-00f3-4293-90f4-26f620950a0f
  9. Connected to Internet but nothing loads

Connected to Internet but nothing loads: So I was playing mc and running discord, connected to the internet through Ethernet when suddenly my display froze and nothing responded. So I forced shut down and booted it back up thinking it'll be fine. But when i loaded discord it said 'retry..' , opendes chrome to...
  10. Wifi Connecting to Internet, but Chrome not connecting to internet

Wifi Connecting to Internet, but Chrome not connecting to internet: Why does my wifi say that i'm connected to internet, and have an excellent connection, but wherever I get on chrome, the connection always times out?...