Windows 10: Connected to WiFi, disconnected from internet - Laptop Only

Discus and support Connected to WiFi, disconnected from internet - Laptop Only in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, Frequently, my laptop will be connected to the WiFi, however, the connection to the internet will drop. My laptop will show as being connected... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Kieran_995, Sep 1, 2019.

1. Connected to WiFi, disconnected from internet - Laptop Only

Hi,

Frequently, my laptop will be connected to the WiFi, however, the connection to the internet will drop.

My laptop will show as being connected to the WiFi but will say "Connected, No Internet", my phone will remain connected to the WiFi and the internet will work fine, as do the other devices in my house.

What is causing this issue and how do I resolve it?

:)

Kieran_995, Sep 1, 2019
  2. Kari Win User

Connect and Disconnect internet

I just need to click the network icon in notification area, select my WiFi network and click Connect / Disconnect:

Connected to WiFi, disconnected from internet - Laptop Only [​IMG]

Selecting Connect automatically I don't have to enter the network security key manually:

Connected to WiFi, disconnected from internet - Laptop Only [​IMG]

Kari, Sep 1, 2019
  3. Laptop disconnects from Wifi at random intervals

My laptop is randomly disconnecting from my new router. Sometimes it's every few minutes, sometimes it can be an hour or two in between disconnections. This only seems to effect wireless devices and I notice it most often on my laptop. The router is a Fritz!Box 7490 and is connected to 2degrees Internet. The message in the WLAN event log is :

[table][tr][td]Wireless LAN device deregistered itself (5 GHz). MAC address: 64:BC:0C:6A:79:62[/td] [/tr] [/table]

The weird thing is that if I disconnect from wifi and reconnect it re-establishes the connection near instantly. Sometimes it just shows as connected to wifi but not to the internet.

I have tried factory resetting the router (As suggested by 2degrees Internet) and I've tried setting my laptop DNS settings to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4. I have also tried to change the wifi channels in case of interference.

Any suggestions or advice is welcome and I'm happy to provide extra info on request. Thank you for your attention.

Matthewryaio, Sep 1, 2019
  4. Connected to WiFi, disconnected from internet - Laptop Only

Lan disconnects frequently on wifi router

I have a wifi router setup,
    internet on my laptop works fine which is connected on wireless
    but my pc which is connected through lan with wifi router get disconnected after some time, and to make it work I have to disable and then enable it.

Please help regarding this issue.

smartali89, Sep 1, 2019
Thema:

Connected to WiFi, disconnected from internet - Laptop Only

1. Connected to WiFi, disconnected from internet - Laptop Only - Similar Threads - Connected WiFi disconnected

2. New laptop disconnects other devices when connected to wifi and disconnects my internet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New laptop disconnects other devices when connected to wifi and disconnects my internet: I just got a new laptop but everytime I connect to my wifi network the internet goes ridiculously slow and my other devices get disconnected and are not able to use the internet. I will then disconnect the wifi on the laptop and the internet will go back to normal and the...
  3. Windows disconnect from wifi if internet connection drops

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows disconnect from wifi if internet connection drops: Hello,This problem is a constant headache and i have experience it from windows 10.Scenario: I am connected to my home WiFi and i have not enabled "Connect Automatically" feature since i need to change network and with windows disconnect feature it would switch again and...
  4. Windows disconnect from wifi if internet connection drops

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows disconnect from wifi if internet connection drops: Hello,This problem is a constant headache and i have experience it from windows 10.Scenario: I am connected to my home WiFi and i have not enabled "Connect Automatically" feature since i need to change network and with windows disconnect feature it would switch again and...
  5. Laptop WiFi connected, no Internet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Laptop WiFi connected, no Internet: I recently bought a new laptop. It has worked perfectly well, until today, when the Internet stopped working. My desktop is connected and working via Ethernet, and my phone is connected and working on the same Wi-Fi network, so I'm pretty sure Windows or the laptop is having...
  6. Laptop disconnects from the internet

Laptop disconnects from the internet: Recently my laptop has been having an issue, where everytime I startup my laptop, or wake it up from sleep mode, it automatically disconnects itself from the internet and I cannot find any way t...
  7. Laptop disconnecting from wifi, only when "extender" is connected

Laptop disconnecting from wifi, only when "extender" is connected: I have one laptop (HP) that won't stay connected to wifi. It worked yesterday until I installed a new router/modem. All other devices unaffected. Here's my new setup: New Arris SBG7400AC2 router/modem connected by coax. 2.4 and 5 have channel auto. SSIDs: Work, Work5G DHCP...
  8. Laptop keeps disconnecting from wifi, only when "extender" is connected

Laptop keeps disconnecting from wifi, only when "extender" is connected: I have one laptop HP that won't stay connected to wifi. It worked yesterday until I installed a new router/modem. All other devices unaffected. Here's my new setup: New Arris SBG7400AC2 router/modem connected by coax. 2.4 and 5 have channel auto. SSIDs: Work, Work5G...
  9. Wifi disconnecting from laptop

Wifi disconnecting from laptop: My laptop keeps disconnecting from my wifi since it was updated to Windows 10, I never had this issue before and I have changed my wifi router but it is still the same?...
  10. Wifi disconnects when internet connection drops

Wifi disconnects when internet connection drops: Hi I have a Samsung Note 9 which I use as a mobile hotspot When I connect my Surface Pro 6 to the wifi it works absolutely fine. I mostly use it on the train. When the train goes through a long tunnel or area with no signal, the internet connection is lost. Windows senses...