Windows 10: Connected to WiFi, disconnected from internet - Laptop Only

Discus and support Connected to WiFi, disconnected from internet - Laptop Only in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, Frequently, my laptop will be connected to the WiFi, however, the connection to the internet will drop. My laptop will show as being connected... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Kieran_995, Sep 1, 2019.

1. Connected to WiFi, disconnected from internet - Laptop Only

Hi,

Frequently, my laptop will be connected to the WiFi, however, the connection to the internet will drop.

My laptop will show as being connected to the WiFi but will say "Connected, No Internet", my phone will remain connected to the WiFi and the internet will work fine, as do the other devices in my house.

What is causing this issue and how do I resolve it?

:)

Kieran_995, Sep 1, 2019
  2. Kari Win User

Connect and Disconnect internet

I just need to click the network icon in notification area, select my WiFi network and click Connect / Disconnect:

Connected to WiFi, disconnected from internet - Laptop Only [​IMG]

Selecting Connect automatically I don't have to enter the network security key manually:

Connected to WiFi, disconnected from internet - Laptop Only [​IMG]

Kari, Sep 1, 2019
  3. Laptop disconnects from Wifi at random intervals

My laptop is randomly disconnecting from my new router. Sometimes it's every few minutes, sometimes it can be an hour or two in between disconnections. This only seems to effect wireless devices and I notice it most often on my laptop. The router is a Fritz!Box 7490 and is connected to 2degrees Internet. The message in the WLAN event log is :

[table][tr][td]Wireless LAN device deregistered itself (5 GHz). MAC address: 64:BC:0C:6A:79:62[/td] [/tr] [/table]

The weird thing is that if I disconnect from wifi and reconnect it re-establishes the connection near instantly. Sometimes it just shows as connected to wifi but not to the internet.

I have tried factory resetting the router (As suggested by 2degrees Internet) and I've tried setting my laptop DNS settings to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4. I have also tried to change the wifi channels in case of interference.

Any suggestions or advice is welcome and I'm happy to provide extra info on request. Thank you for your attention.

Matthewryaio, Sep 1, 2019
  4. Connected to WiFi, disconnected from internet - Laptop Only

Lan disconnects frequently on wifi router

I have a wifi router setup,
    internet on my laptop works fine which is connected on wireless
    but my pc which is connected through lan with wifi router get disconnected after some time, and to make it work I have to disable and then enable it.

Please help regarding this issue.

smartali89, Sep 1, 2019
Thema:

Connected to WiFi, disconnected from internet - Laptop Only

1. Connected to WiFi, disconnected from internet - Laptop Only - Similar Threads - Connected WiFi disconnected

2. Laptop only connects to 5g not regular WIFI

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Laptop only connects to 5g not regular WIFI: My computer will only connect to 5g wifi not any other wifi. It shows the other wifi connections but will not connect. I know it is not the modem because other laptops will connect to the non 5g wifi and works fine. When I connect to 5g it works but frequently disconnects and...
  3. Wifi connected but laptop not loading internet

Wifi connected but laptop not loading internet: Hello Have had some issues with my Lenovo Yoga 13 laptop (Windows 10) recently. I installed AVG Tune up which was supposed to speed up my computer. Subsequently, found that it would rarely boot up properly after the log on screen. When it has rarely done so, I have...
  4. Disconnecting from the internet

Disconnecting from the internet: Please Help! Whenever I am using my laptop my computer disconnects from the internet and then i have to restart my laptop to fix it. when I troubleshoot it says that it has a problem with the internet driver. Please help. I tried calling Microsoft support but it says an...
  5. connect to internet via ethernet and wifi but to network only on wifi

connect to internet via ethernet and wifi but to network only on wifi: Hello. I have three Dell XPS PCs connected via a Verizon Actiontec router to each other and to the internet, all running Windows 10 (two preinstalled, one upgraded from Windows 7). All connect fine to the internet via Ethernet and wifi, but they can only see/connect to each...
  6. Internet connection from WiFi Hotspot

Internet connection from WiFi Hotspot: I have setup a WiFi Hotspot with MyPublicWiFi. Allowed Sharing in Local Area Connection *2. Everything seems to be in order as the Screenshot shows. But when I try to connect a mobile it gets connected to "MyPublicWiFi", no internet sharing from the USB Modem. I am on Windows...
  7. Router Disconnects from the Internet only when a certain PC connects!

Router Disconnects from the Internet only when a certain PC connects!: I know that propably it's not a Windows 10 related topic but I didn't know where else to ask that. I searched a bit on the Internet for a solution and I couldn't find any. So whenever my brother opens his laptop and connects to the Wifi every other PC loses connection....
  8. WiFi Internet Keeps Disconnecting

WiFi Internet Keeps Disconnecting: Using Win10 my Sony Vaio laptop connects ok to my BT wireless router but after a short while I lose the Internet connection. This happens because Win10 decides to switch to another wireless network which is secured and I do not have the password. When I disconnect this other...
  9. Connect and Disconnect internet

Connect and Disconnect internet: Hi I had been using Windows 8 till last week. It was very easy to connect or disconnect the internet in that OS. I simply clicked on the network icon in the system tray and the clicked on connect or disconnect and done. My username and password were stored so I didn't have...
  10. Laptop disconnects from Wifi at random intervals

Laptop disconnects from Wifi at random intervals: My laptop is randomly disconnecting from my new router. Sometimes it's every few minutes, sometimes it can be an hour or two in between disconnections. This only seems to effect wireless devices and I notice it most often on my laptop. The router is a Fritz!Box 7490 and is...