Windows 10: connected via centurylink to internet, wifi working but not Lenovo PC

Discus and support connected via centurylink to internet, wifi working but not Lenovo PC in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have a Lenovo PC and am using Windows 10. it says I am hooked up to internet but I can not get on the web using google chrome, edge internet... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by magpie14120, Jan 7, 2019.

1. connected via centurylink to internet, wifi working but not Lenovo PC

I have a Lenovo PC and am using Windows 10. it says I am hooked up to internet but I can not get on the web using google chrome, edge internet explorer. I have done all the trouble shooting. Centurylink cable is working. Wifi is working. My laptop works ut not the pc

:)

magpie14120, Jan 7, 2019

2. Windows 10 Will Not Connect to CenturyLink

After a "forced" Windows 10 update (not upgrade), my three Windows 10 devices will not connect to the internet through my CenturyLink router, either through an ethernet connection or a wireless connection. My Android, Apple and Linux devices work fine,
    both with internet and wireless connections. My portable Windows 10 devices (laptops) connect fine through the internet as well as wireless when using other networks. With all the moving parts, it is difficult to troubleshoot the problem and of course give
    technical support a pass because they can make an argument is isn't their problem. I am wondering if this is a systemic issue which others have experienced. Navigating through the Windows 10 network utilities is a challenge. However I can say I am automatically
    assigning a DNS and there is an IPV4 DSN address on the status screen but no internet connection. My position at the moment is there is a setting in Windows 10 which is interfering with my CenturyLink router. Any suggestions where to go next?

CONRAD JREMLEY, Jan 7, 2019
  3. wabbles Win User
    When will the wifi connectivity problems be solved?

OK, so the Windows 10 engineers bollixed up the wifi connectivity part of the operating system. Everybody knows that by now. It seems they are making some progress in resolving it. Now, instead of seeing "Secured, No Internet" on your list of wifi connections, you see "Connected, Secured" EXCEPT no webpages will load. So you really aren't connected. It does seem to be a step in the right direction. Does anybody know when they plan on a full and complete repair of this screw up of epic proportions?

wabbles, Jan 7, 2019
  4. connected via centurylink to internet, wifi working but not Lenovo PC

Internet Connection

• Community

I was not able to work on this issue yesterday ( busy for a 90 year old). This evening I was able to take the steps that were suggested in your email.

When I use “Device Manager” I click “ Network Adapters” I see “ Wifi” but not Eternet in this list. On the “Settings” I click “Wifi” which shows the “On' button.
    I click” Show available networks”. I wanted to capture the page that is shown, but it will not show. The top line is Network ( connected) but course I have the Ethernet cable connected. Also showing Is Five “ Broadband connections” At the bottom is
    “ Network and Internet settings” I hope for your continued help.

georgefrtsch, Jan 7, 2019
Thema:

connected via centurylink to internet, wifi working but not Lenovo PC

1. connected via centurylink to internet, wifi working but not Lenovo PC - Similar Threads - connected via centurylink

2. Problem connecting to centurylink router wifi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem connecting to centurylink router wifi: problems started after windows 10 upgrade. the system sees the wifi and shows signal strength but says secure, no internet. Wifi trouble shooting says no valid ip configuration. we have checked all settings to make sure we match. have also tried all suggested fixes posted on...
  3. Problem connecting to centurylink router wifi

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem connecting to centurylink router wifi: problems started after windows 10 upgrade. the system sees the wifi and shows signal strength but says secure, no internet. Wifi trouble shooting says no valid ip configuration. we have checked all settings to make sure we match. have also tried all suggested fixes posted on...
  4. Problem connecting to centurylink router wifi

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Connect to other PC via WiFi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Connect to other PC via WiFi: HiI have 2 PC, both are Windows 10 Home Edition, I try to connect it to each other via WiFi in same network, here is what i've done :1. in my network setting properties i set Network Profile to Private.2. in Advanced Sharing Setting :- Private current profile i select Turn on...
  6. Connect to other PC via WiFi

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Connect to other PC via WiFi: HiI have 2 PC, both are Windows 10 Home Edition, I try to connect it to each other via WiFi in same network, here is what i've done :1. in my network setting properties i set Network Profile to Private.2. in Advanced Sharing Setting :- Private current profile i select Turn on...
  7. Connect to other PC via WiFi

8. PC connected to internet via Ethernet cable but won’t work

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC connected to internet via Ethernet cable but won’t work: Yesterday I was crashing at random times while gaming and for multiple different games. Today my pc just doesn’t want me to use my internet. I ran a diagnostics and it read “ ‘Ethernet’ doesn’t have a valid IP configuration “ I searched for subreddits about it, ran a few cmd...
  9. connect to internet via ethernet and wifi but to network only on wifi

connect to internet via ethernet and wifi but to network only on wifi: Hello. I have three Dell XPS PCs connected via a Verizon Actiontec router to each other and to the internet, all running Windows 10 (two preinstalled, one upgraded from Windows 7). All connect fine to the internet via Ethernet and wifi, but they can only see/connect to each...
  10. No internet connection via wifi or ethernet

No internet connection via wifi or ethernet: Please help. My laptop is for some unknown reason not connecting to the internet via wifi or ethernet. It will also not diagnose the problem as it says The Diagnostics Policy Service is not running and it cannot fix it. Please can someone advise - I'm not super techy. but I...