Windows 10: Connecting 2 computers

Discus and support Connecting 2 computers in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am try to connect a WIN 10 Home to a WIN 7 Home on the same network. I get a Windows Security screen titled "Enter Network Credentials" Great, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AccessShell, Aug 29, 2019.

1. Connecting 2 computers

I am try to connect a WIN 10 Home to a WIN 7 Home on the same network. I get a Windows Security screen titled
    "Enter Network Credentials"

Great, I expected that.
    BUT, I am not sure what to enter. Is the Password the password to open the computer, or is it netwoek password, or something else?
    Is the User Name the name that shows up on the computer login screen, or something else?

Also, needing permissions. Since I am connecting from the WIN 10, I think I need to set the permissions for the WIN 7 to let the win 10 access it. DO I do t his on the WIN 7?

Thanks

:)

AccessShell, Aug 29, 2019

2. help to remote connect

not sure how to use both programs u 2 suggested, i need more helpful steps thanks

Corduroy_Jr, Aug 29, 2019
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Connecting computer with no internet connection to network printer

@dk1971
    1. Open Admin command and type: ipconfig

Connecting 2 computers [​IMG]
    2. Win+X->Control Panel->Netwok and Sharing Center
      Follow the screen shot. This should disable internet access from this PC but allows access to local device(s)
      NOTE: Use the IP & Subnet Mask from step 1. Leave Default gateway & DNS Server blank

Connecting 2 computers [​IMG]

topgundcp, Aug 29, 2019
  4. Connecting 2 computers

Unable to connect the Samsung Galaxy 2 Tablet on Windows 10 computer

Hi Arthur,

As you are facing issues accessing the Samsung tablet on Windows 10, do not worry we will help you with this issue.

Provide us additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• Were you able to detect the tablet under Device Manager?
    • What is the complete error message/ error code of accessing the tablet on your computer?

Connect your tablet to computer try few of the below troubleshooting steps if not yet tried and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to check if there are any drivers with exclamatory mark in Device Manager.

• Press Windows + X keys from the keyboard, click on
      Device Manager.

• Check for the drivers with exclamatory mark in yellow triangle.

• If so, right click on the driver, click on
      Properties
      and check the device status.

Step 2: If the device is not detected on your computer try to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

Hardware and Devices troubleshooter
    checks for common problems and makes sure that any new device or hardware connected to your PC is installed correctly.

• Press Windows
      key from the keyboard, type Troubleshooting and select it.

• Click on view all option on the upper left corner of
      Troubleshooting window.

• Select the Hardware and Device
      options from the list.

• Click Next to run the
      Hardware and Device Troubleshooter.

Step 3: I suggest you to download the latest tablet software to access it on computer, install it in compatibility mode and check if it helps.

Refer to the Link to download the software.

Click on Support and download the Samsung kies.

Follow the steps to install in Compatibility mode:

• Right click the software installation file and select
      Properties then tap or click the Compatibility tab.
    • Place a check in the Run this program in compatibility mode for: box.
    • Tap the drop down box and select a previous operating system, then tap or click
      OK.
    • Try installing the Samsung software and check.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of accessing the tablet on computer for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Aug 29, 2019
Thema:

Connecting 2 computers

1. Connecting 2 computers - Similar Threads - Connecting computers

2. Windows 10 "This computer is not connected to a network"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 "This computer is not connected to a network": Windows 10 Pro 22H2In Windows explorer, when Network is selected, "This computer is not connected to a network. Click to connect" is displayed. Despite this, al other network systems are visible. Clicking on the "Click to connect..." does nothing.The Network & Internet...
  3. Windows 10 "This computer is not connected to a network"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 "This computer is not connected to a network": Windows 10 Pro 22H2In Windows explorer, when Network is selected, "This computer is not connected to a network. Click to connect" is displayed. Despite this, al other network systems are visible. Clicking on the "Click to connect..." does nothing.The Network & Internet...
  4. Windows 10 "This computer is not connected to a network"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Cannot connect from a Mac computer to a Mac computer using Microsoft Remote Desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot connect from a Mac computer to a Mac computer using Microsoft Remote Desktop: I just want to verify the Microsoft Remote Desktop for Mac is not designed to allow connection FROM a Mac client computer TO a Mac host computer. It is designed only to connect to a PC. Apologies if this is wrong forum....
  6. Cannot connect from a Mac computer to a Mac computer using Microsoft Remote Desktop

Cannot connect from a Mac computer to a Mac computer using Microsoft Remote Desktop: I just want to verify the Microsoft Remote Desktop for Mac is not designed to allow connection FROM a Mac client computer TO a Mac host computer. It is designed only to connect to a PC. Apologies if this is wrong forum....
  7. Why does my computer Blue Screen everytime I connect to 5Ghz wifi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my computer Blue Screen everytime I connect to 5Ghz wifi: I am using a wifi adapter as my motherboard does not have wifi built in, whenever I connect to 5Ghz wireless it bluescreens but 2.4Ghz is fine. I have a feeling it's the adapter but it has connected to 5Ghz in the past without an issue.What could be causing this? The...
  8. Why does my computer Blue Screen everytime I connect to 5Ghz wifi

Why does my computer Blue Screen everytime I connect to 5Ghz wifi: I am using a wifi adapter as my motherboard does not have wifi built in, whenever I connect to 5Ghz wireless it bluescreens but 2.4Ghz is fine. I have a feeling it's the adapter but it has connected to 5Ghz in the past without an issue.What could be causing this? The...
  9. Why does my computer Blue Screen everytime I connect to 5Ghz wifi

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  10. Number pad cannot connect to my computer.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Number pad cannot connect to my computer.: The number pad that I have had for a while is not connecting with the work computer that I was given just recently. It has lmp 11.82, and is a Windows 10. The number pad has connected with the previous computer without a problem, however refuses to connect to my new work...