Windows 10: Connecting 2 monitors to my laptop

Discus and support Connecting 2 monitors to my laptop in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a HP Envy x360 and I need to connect 2 monitors to it. I also purchased a Targus VersaLink Dual Video Docking Station. I have connected it all... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by pamelarn92, Oct 22, 2018.

1. Connecting 2 monitors to my laptop

I have a HP Envy x360 and I need to connect 2 monitors to it. I also purchased a Targus VersaLink Dual Video Docking Station. I have connected it all but still cannot get both external monitors to work....any advise??

:)

pamelarn92, Oct 22, 2018

2. i have a problem to connect 2 monitors.

Hi Ron,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

• What changes did you make in the BIOS? As making the changes in the BIOS is only recommended by Microsoft if done by the manufacturer.
    • How are you connecting to the 2nd monitor?
    I suggest you to follow the steps from this article below:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/windows-8/how-connect-multiple-monitors

[Applies to Windows 10 as well]

Regards.

SujataMoktan, Oct 22, 2018
  3. Trouble with 2 monitors

Hi Tim,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to change the settings to Extended Monitor and check if it helps.

Please follow below steps:

• Right Click any ware of the Desktop, and launch Personalization.
    • Go to dual monitor settings under personalization, and change it Extended Monitor.
    Please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Oct 22, 2018
  4. Connecting 2 monitors to my laptop

Connect laptop to monitor

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft forum.

Regarding your query on how to connect your laptop to your monitor, we suggest to contact your manufacturer. Maybe one of the issue is your display adapter because you cannot connect to your monitor.

We look forward to your response.

Phillip Pio, Oct 22, 2018
Thema:

Connecting 2 monitors to my laptop

1. Connecting 2 monitors to my laptop - Similar Threads - Connecting monitors laptop

2. Laptop and 2 monitor problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop and 2 monitor problem: I have a laptop and 2 screens but when I go to display settings and identify, it has allocated my laptop as 1 both monitors as 2. Is it possible to make the monitors 1 and 2 and disregard the laptop?...
  3. How to manage frequent connect/disconnecting of laptop to 2 monitors.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to manage frequent connect/disconnecting of laptop to 2 monitors.: How to manage frequent connect/disconnecting of laptop to 2 monitors. Is it possible to have the windows automatically go back to the same screens they were on before disconnecting the last time?...
  4. How to manage frequent connect/disconnecting of laptop to 2 monitors.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to manage frequent connect/disconnecting of laptop to 2 monitors.: How to manage frequent connect/disconnecting of laptop to 2 monitors. Is it possible to have the windows automatically go back to the same screens they were on before disconnecting the last time?...
  5. Connecting 2 laptops

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Connecting 2 laptops: I have two laptops both on Windows 10 and I want to share access to a folder and files contained within that folder across both laptops both laptops need to be able to update add documents and amend any existing documents and for the other laptop to immediately see the update...
  6. Wanted to connect 2 monitors to Laptop and use it at the same time.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Wanted to connect 2 monitors to Laptop and use it at the same time.: I want to connect two monitors to my laptop and use it at a time. I have connected one monitor via VGA port and another via HDMI port. but I am not able to use both of the monitor at same time. either I am able to use VGA port monitor or HDMI port. not able to solve this...
  7. Trouble connecting a monitor to my laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Trouble connecting a monitor to my laptop: Hello everyone, I recently bought a monitor to be able to increase my productivity while programming on my laptop. As soon as I set it up and connected it to the laptop it went into "Power Saving Mode". I read on some sites that this is because my laptop is not sending...
  8. connect monitor to my dell laptop

connect monitor to my dell laptop: how I connect monitor to my computer? the monitor did not display nothing. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/connect-monitor-to-my-dell-laptop/b2817c37-c996-4fab-967b-304704115f80
  9. Connecting 2 laptops

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Connecting 2 laptops: What cables do I need to hardwire 2 laptops together. I've tried networking them via a modem but I've failed. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/connecting-2-laptops/a928a761-9688-42da-ab0d-f6a6416b6b12
  10. connecting 2 monitors to a Dell Inspiron laptop

connecting 2 monitors to a Dell Inspiron laptop: how do I connect 2 monitors to a laptop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/connecting-2-monitors-to-a-dell-inspiron-laptop/3cb093f2-cf9d-40c8-9b38-b6b9825ccaaf