Windows 10: Connecting 2 PCs one to use dual monitors

Discus and support Connecting 2 PCs one to use dual monitors in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; This relates to 2 x W10 64 bit machines. Just starting new job and they have a provided 2 x wide screen monitors, a Thinkpad laptop and Thinkpad dock.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by sargan, May 5, 2021.

1. sargan Win User

Connecting 2 PCs one to use dual monitors

This relates to 2 x W10 64 bit machines. Just starting new job and they have a provided 2 x wide screen monitors, a Thinkpad laptop and Thinkpad dock. I have an existing PC ... which until now I connected to an Avocent switchview DVI (KVM) Now I want to connect the lap top and PC as before but have option for Laptop to use 2 monitors. The Dock has HDMI or Display Port The switch view has DVI connections for video in and out, and also USB connections for all mouse keyboard and PC & Laptop USB connections. My initial thoughts are to connect as shown .... is this the optimum (leaving the speakers & microphone out of the equation for clarity

:)

sargan, May 5, 2021

2. Setting up dual monitor on PC

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand your query related to connecting external monitor to the PC.

Usually, you will receive an error when connecting external monitor when the cable is not connected properly. I would suggest you to follow the suggestions mentioned in the article

Troubleshoot external monitor connections in Windows 10

Additionally, you may want to refer the below articles

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, May 5, 2021
  3. Dual monitor, Dual mouse??

Hello,

Please share this information to assist you better.

• How have you setup dual monitors?
    • Are you referring to use 2 different mouse/keyboard with the dual monitor setup?
    If yes, the mouse or keyboard may function same as one another. Since, it has to be connected to single PC/tower.

However, setting up 2 different mouse/keyboard with the Dual- monitor setup, it may not function separately for each monitor.

Let us know the status of the issue. We will assist you further.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, May 5, 2021
  4. Connecting 2 PCs one to use dual monitors

Trouble with 2 monitors

Hi Tim,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to change the settings to Extended Monitor and check if it helps.

Please follow below steps:

• Right Click any ware of the Desktop, and launch Personalization.
    • Go to dual monitor settings under personalization, and change it Extended Monitor.
    Please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, May 5, 2021
Thema:

Connecting 2 PCs one to use dual monitors

1. Connecting 2 PCs one to use dual monitors - Similar Threads - Connecting PCs dual

2. I need to use dual monitors from one laptop with a Remote Desktop Connection.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need to use dual monitors from one laptop with a Remote Desktop Connection.: At work, I have two monitors with the extended display, where you can drag applications from one monitor to the other. I was told that when I remote in using the remote desktop connection that this won't be possible. To successfully work from home, I need a way to have my...
  3. I need to use dual monitors from one laptop with a Remote Desktop Connection.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I need to use dual monitors from one laptop with a Remote Desktop Connection.: At work, I have two monitors with the extended display, where you can drag applications from one monitor to the other. I was told that when I remote in using the remote desktop connection that this won't be possible. To successfully work from home, I need a way to have my...
  4. I need to use dual monitors from one laptop with a Remote Desktop Connection.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Display shuts off with Dual Monitors and 2 PCs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display shuts off with Dual Monitors and 2 PCs: I've been wracking my brains on this one for almost 2 years now, and I haven't been able to find anything that seems to help, so I figure I'll try here.I have 2 Dell S2716DG G-Sync monitors hooked up to my personal PC via displayport connections on a EVGA 3080 Ti graphics...
  6. Display shuts off with Dual Monitors and 2 PCs

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Display shuts off with Dual Monitors and 2 PCs: I've been wracking my brains on this one for almost 2 years now, and I haven't been able to find anything that seems to help, so I figure I'll try here.I have 2 Dell S2716DG G-Sync monitors hooked up to my personal PC via displayport connections on a EVGA 3080 Ti graphics...
  7. Display shuts off with Dual Monitors and 2 PCs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Connect 2 pcs to use one as a secondary screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Connect 2 pcs to use one as a secondary screen: I am trying to connect 2 pcs - both running W10 at most recent release level - in order to use one as a secondary screen. According to instructions I am using Settings/Connect/Projecting to this PC. When I select Project I see the pc that I want to use as the secondary...
  9. Using Dual monitors

in Windows 10 Customization
    Using Dual monitors: I have two monitors - one good graphics/images large screen that I like to keep with a plain background. The other I have had scrolling photos form the "Pictures" folder - they would be displayed several at a time and change periodically. Over night something happened ( a...
  10. Connect 2 PCs wirelessly

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Connect 2 PCs wirelessly: I am trying to get two PCs (both running Win 10) to talk to each other wirelessly. Both show they are paired one with the other but they will not connect. How do I get them to connect so I can use Wninows Explorer to see their respective files?...