Windows 10: connecting 2 win10 pc's over internet for file access

Discus and support connecting 2 win10 pc's over internet for file access in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I know this is simple for some of you however, I have been getting confused by watching youtube videos on how to do this. I have two Windows 10 PC's... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by PeteMattison, Jan 11, 2020.

1. connecting 2 win10 pc's over internet for file access

I know this is simple for some of you however, I have been getting confused by watching youtube videos on how to do this.

I have two Windows 10 PC's - One desktop at work, and my laptop I use on the road.

I want to have the ability to connect to my desktop from my laptop and retrieve any of my files needed using theinternet.

I don't want to put "everything" on OneDrive which I already know I can use, I just want to remotely access my desktop from anywhere I at.

Most of the info on the internet is fairly vague or videos poorly done. Most of which I can understand the Narrator language bearier

or the video is of such poor quality I can't see what their doing.

Thanks so much,

Pete

:)

PeteMattison, Jan 11, 2020
  2. topgundcp Win User

Connecting computer with no internet connection to network printer

@dk1971
    1. Open Admin command and type: ipconfig

connecting 2 win10 pc's over internet for file access [​IMG]
    2. Win+X->Control Panel->Netwok and Sharing Center
      Follow the screen shot. This should disable internet access from this PC but allows access to local device(s)
      NOTE: Use the IP & Subnet Mask from step 1. Leave Default gateway & DNS Server blank

connecting 2 win10 pc's over internet for file access [​IMG]

topgundcp, Jan 11, 2020
  3. Can't access to internet

Hi Xuan,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community.

We regret the inconvenience caused to you. We will assist you in resolving the issue.

Step 1: I suggest you to run the
    internet connection troubleshooter by following the steps below and check if the internet issue is resolved.

• Press Windows icon key on the keyboard, type
      Troubleshooting
      and select the top most search result.

• Click on View all from the left side panel of the window.

• Select Internet Connections,
      click on Advanced and check
      Apply repairs automatically
      option.

• Follow the on screen instructions.

Step 2: If the issue persist, I suggest you to
    uninstall the network adapter
    driver from the device manager by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X keys on the keyboard and click on
      Device Manager.

• Expand the Network adapter driver from the list.

• Right click on the driver and click on Uninstall
      option.

• Restart the PC to install the network adapters automatically and check if the changes are effective.

Step 3: If the issue persist, I suggest you to
    update the network adapter driver from the device manager by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X keys on the keyboard and click on
      Device Manager.

• Expand the Network adapter driver from the list.

• Right click on the driver and click on Update
      option.

• Follow the on-screen instructions.

Write back to us for further assistance, we will be happy to assist.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Jan 11, 2020
  4. newtekie1 Win User

connecting 2 win10 pc's over internet for file access

Guidance needed to setup my Home PC access over Internet through browser

I wasn't giving steps on how to get RDP working, that is covered plenty of other places, I just give the steps to make it secure.

RDP. If they aren't tracking your Web browsing, I doubt they are going to track RDP.

And if you start the session from the command prompt it doesn't even put the address in the MRU list.

Though the question that needs to be asked now is, what are you using for your VM lab?

newtekie1, Jan 11, 2020
Thema:

connecting 2 win10 pc's over internet for file access

1. connecting 2 win10 pc's over internet for file access - Similar Threads - connecting win10 pc's

2. Internet access between 2 PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet access between 2 PC: I received a new computer at work without a wifi card so I wanted to connect him to my other computer with an ethernet wire. Here is how I configured the computer with internet https://i.stack.imgur.com/75WJd.jpg And the computer to connect with...
  3. Internet access between 2 PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internet access between 2 PC: I received a new computer at work without a wifi card so I wanted to connect him to my other computer with an ethernet wire. Here is how I configured the computer with internet https://i.stack.imgur.com/75WJd.jpg And the computer to connect with...
  4. Internet access between 2 PC

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Win10 Wifi shows "Unable to connect to the Internet" , but the Internet can be accessed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win10 Wifi shows "Unable to connect to the Internet" , but the Internet can be accessed: Hi everyone, I got a wifi problem and really cannot fix it. It will be great if anyone can help who met similar problem before. The Wifi icon on a Windows10 laptop shows "cannot connect to the Internet" the small earth icon at the right of status bar when the wifi is...
  6. Win10 Wifi shows "Unable to connect to the Internet" , but the Internet can be accessed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win10 Wifi shows "Unable to connect to the Internet" , but the Internet can be accessed: Hi everyone, I got a wifi problem and really cannot fix it. It will be great if anyone can help who met similar problem before. The Wifi icon on a Windows10 laptop shows "cannot connect to the Internet" the small earth icon at the right of status bar when the wifi is...
  7. Win10 Wifi shows "Unable to connect to the Internet" , but the Internet can be accessed

8. remote access my pc over the internet

remote access my pc over the internet: remote access my pc over the internet https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remote-access-my-pc-over-the-internet/910a7c32-c936-4c27-837f-8975a1cc5208
  9. No internet connectivity, but accessable over team viewer

No internet connectivity, but accessable over team viewer: Hey im trying to fix my house computer, windows 10 home 64 I can access it via team viewer so i know it has network connectivity, but when trying to run virus scans or download google chrome it errors saying "unable to connect to network" i have checked network...
  10. win10 anniversary update shows connection but no internet access

win10 anniversary update shows connection but no internet access: Ever since i installed the anniversary update to both my desktop and my sister's laptop, both systems show that they are connected to the internet (desktop connected via ethernet while the laptop via wifi) but pages can't seem to load. However, i formatted both systems and i...