Windows 10: connecting 5.1 receiver to pc via hdmi without second screen

Discus and support connecting 5.1 receiver to pc via hdmi without second screen in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; i have connected my 5.1 receiver to my pc via hdmi so i have the best possible audio formats , this results in the problem that my pc thinks that there... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by joris gebraad, Nov 27, 2018.

1. connecting 5.1 receiver to pc via hdmi without second screen

i have connected my 5.1 receiver to my pc via hdmi so i have the best possible audio formats , this results in the problem that my pc thinks that there is a second screen , so when i open a file etc. , it sometimes opens in this second screen wich i cant see. i can disable this second screen and still have low quality stereo audio via my receiver , but the 5.1 surround does not work , how to fix this ?

:)

joris gebraad, Nov 27, 2018
  2. Anne Ros Win User

how to connect a second screen?

Hi,

You can connect your device to a second screen using a VGA, HDMI, DVI, or DisplayPort cable. For us to provide the best solution possible to your concern, we need additional information:

• How are you connecting your device to a second screen?
    • Did you use either of the cables mentioned above?
    • What kind of second screen are you referring to? Is it a projector or a second monitor?

We'll wait for your response.

Anne Ros, Nov 27, 2018
  3. Project on second screen not working

Hi,

Thank you for posting your concern on Microsoft Answer Community.

As you have already did some troubleshooting steps to fix this issue, but to have a better clarity on this issue , we need few information.

1. How you are projecting the second monitor from the surface, whether it’s extended/duplicated?
    2. How the physical hard connection made, USB-C, HDMI, or DisplayPort?

Meanwhile we want you to refer
    Trouble connecting Surface
    to a second screen
    article, which might help you to resolve the issue.

We await your response.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Nov 27, 2018
  4. tollbooth Win User

connecting 5.1 receiver to pc via hdmi without second screen

My HDMI connection to my second monitor no longer works

The problem has returned--sort of. Here is the sequence of steps I followed:

1. No display on my second monitor, despite the fact that the HDMI cable was connecting my computer to the monitor.

2. Tried changing the *Start-P settings repeatedly. Nothing. When I set the connection to "extend," my computer clearly thinks that there is a second monitor (all the Windows icons go there--as I have it set to my #1 display), but it is completely dark.

3. Tried multiple restarts. Nothing.

4. Tried connecting it to my older laptop as described above. Worked perfectly.

5. Plugged it back into my current laptop. Works just fine now.

So clearly it's some sort of software or setting issue. Can anyone tell me how to fix this if it comes up again without having to resort to using my old laptop, in case I don't have it around?

tollbooth, Nov 27, 2018
Thema:

connecting 5.1 receiver to pc via hdmi without second screen

1. connecting 5.1 receiver to pc via hdmi without second screen - Similar Threads - connecting receiver via

2. I want to use a second PC as my additional monitor via HDMI. Is the second PC required to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want to use a second PC as my additional monitor via HDMI. Is the second PC required to...: I have a old desktop that I am unable to log onto due to PC doesn't see the HD. So I want to use this second desktop as a second monitor via a HDMI cable. Will the old desktop be required to log on prior to be used as a second monitor or do Isimply turn it one and log into my...
  3. I want to use a second PC as my additional monitor via HDMI. Is the second PC required to...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I want to use a second PC as my additional monitor via HDMI. Is the second PC required to...: I have a old desktop that I am unable to log onto due to PC doesn't see the HD. So I want to use this second desktop as a second monitor via a HDMI cable. Will the old desktop be required to log on prior to be used as a second monitor or do Isimply turn it one and log into my...
  4. connecting to display via HDMI

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    connecting to display via HDMI: I am using my ASUS laptop for the past 1 and 1/2 years I used to connect to my display to watch anything on a bigger screen suddenly after a windows update, I am not able to connect to my display it had been nearly 8 months I am not able to connect to my display if I try with...
  5. Laptop freezes every 5 seconds for 1 second

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop freezes every 5 seconds for 1 second: My friend asked me too have a look at his laptop as it was really slow, i ran some tests and determined his HDD was failing so recommended he got an SSD upgrade, so he bought one and i installed windows 10 for him, his laptop came shipped with windows 10 home, so i installed...
  6. Windows freezes for 1 second every 5 seconds

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows freezes for 1 second every 5 seconds: My friend asked me too have a look at his laptop as it was really slow, i ran some tests and determined his HDD was failing so recommended he got an SSD upgrade, so he bought one and i installed windows 10 for him, his laptop came shipped with windows 10 home, so i installed...
  7. Laptop freezes every 5 seconds for 1 second

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop freezes every 5 seconds for 1 second: My friend asked me too have a look at his laptop as it was really slow, i ran some tests and determined his HDD was failing so recommended he got an SSD upgrade, so he bought one and i installed windows 10 for him, his laptop came shipped with windows 10 home, so i installed...
  8. PC and TV not connecting via HDMI cable

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    PC and TV not connecting via HDMI cable: I have connected my Tablet PC to my smart TV with the correct cable but have so far not got them working together. On the TV I have enabled HDMI and selected the right port, but have not found any relevant settings on the PC. Plus the advice I have found online has not...
  9. connecting to a second screen via hdmi cable, reinstall video card

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    connecting to a second screen via hdmi cable, reinstall video card: my computer will not allow me to project to a second screen. it says reinstall the video card https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/connecting-to-a-second-screen-via-hdmi-cable/130778f2-b53c-4d3e-9503-2a55c3c58b56
  10. Can't connect PC to TV via HDMI

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Can't connect PC to TV via HDMI: When I connect them the PC doesn't even detect it, and the TV just says no signal, even though I allowed it in the TV settings. My video card is a Gigabyte GeForce GT 710 with the latest drivers installed and it supports the resolution of the TV. Also, it says PC Input on...