Windows 10: connecting 5.1 receiver to pc via hdmi without second screen

Discus and support connecting 5.1 receiver to pc via hdmi without second screen in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; i have connected my 5.1 receiver to my pc via hdmi so i have the best possible audio formats , this results in the problem that my pc thinks that there... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by joris gebraad, Nov 27, 2018.

1. connecting 5.1 receiver to pc via hdmi without second screen

i have connected my 5.1 receiver to my pc via hdmi so i have the best possible audio formats , this results in the problem that my pc thinks that there is a second screen , so when i open a file etc. , it sometimes opens in this second screen wich i cant see. i can disable this second screen and still have low quality stereo audio via my receiver , but the 5.1 surround does not work , how to fix this ?

:)

joris gebraad, Nov 27, 2018
  2. Anne Ros Win User

how to connect a second screen?

Hi,

You can connect your device to a second screen using a VGA, HDMI, DVI, or DisplayPort cable. For us to provide the best solution possible to your concern, we need additional information:

• How are you connecting your device to a second screen?
    • Did you use either of the cables mentioned above?
    • What kind of second screen are you referring to? Is it a projector or a second monitor?

We'll wait for your response.

Anne Ros, Nov 27, 2018
  3. Project on second screen not working

Hi,

Thank you for posting your concern on Microsoft Answer Community.

As you have already did some troubleshooting steps to fix this issue, but to have a better clarity on this issue , we need few information.

1. How you are projecting the second monitor from the surface, whether it’s extended/duplicated?
    2. How the physical hard connection made, USB-C, HDMI, or DisplayPort?

Meanwhile we want you to refer
    Trouble connecting Surface
    to a second screen
    article, which might help you to resolve the issue.

We await your response.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Nov 27, 2018
  4. tollbooth Win User

connecting 5.1 receiver to pc via hdmi without second screen

My HDMI connection to my second monitor no longer works

The problem has returned--sort of. Here is the sequence of steps I followed:

1. No display on my second monitor, despite the fact that the HDMI cable was connecting my computer to the monitor.

2. Tried changing the *Start-P settings repeatedly. Nothing. When I set the connection to "extend," my computer clearly thinks that there is a second monitor (all the Windows icons go there--as I have it set to my #1 display), but it is completely dark.

3. Tried multiple restarts. Nothing.

4. Tried connecting it to my older laptop as described above. Worked perfectly.

5. Plugged it back into my current laptop. Works just fine now.

So clearly it's some sort of software or setting issue. Can anyone tell me how to fix this if it comes up again without having to resort to using my old laptop, in case I don't have it around?

tollbooth, Nov 27, 2018
Thema:

connecting 5.1 receiver to pc via hdmi without second screen

1. connecting 5.1 receiver to pc via hdmi without second screen - Similar Threads - connecting receiver via

2. Connecting HP all-in-1 to TV via HDMI not working after Win 10 update

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Connecting HP all-in-1 to TV via HDMI not working after Win 10 update: I'm assuming the latest update is the culprit...what can I try? This has never been an issue until tonight...it's connected as normal and it's not being projected. The HDMI cable is working. 123506
  3. Connecting HP all-in-1 to TV via HDMI not working after Win 10 update

in Windows 10 Support
    Connecting HP all-in-1 to TV via HDMI not working after Win 10 update: I'm assuming the latest update is the culprit...what can I try? This has never been an issue until tonight...it's connected as normal and it's not being projected. The HDMI cable is working. 123506
  4. Can't connect laptop to monitor via HDMI

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't connect laptop to monitor via HDMI: I've been trying to connect a TV/monitor to my laptop and I've not been successful with Windows 10. I can confirm that this is not a problem with my laptop, the HDMI cable, nor the monitor as it is working without issue on the other side - Xubuntu 18.04. Looking around the...
  5. second screen is not connecting

second screen is not connecting: how do i use the second screen. the device is found but i cant use it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/second-screen-is-not-connecting/c0ce8487-115c-4ef9-968f-61bb9187048e
  6. 5 seconds of blank screen randomly

in Windows 10 Support
    5 seconds of blank screen randomly: During browsing only, my screen will blank for about 5 seconds at irregular intervals. I have power options set at sleep-never and blank screen-never, but changing them seems to do no good. 118270
  7. Connecting PC Windows 10 to Sony KD49XE9005 via HDMI

Connecting PC Windows 10 to Sony KD49XE9005 via HDMI: Connected PC to TV with HDMI cable but no signal on TV. I have switched both PC and TV off and left for a few minutes before turning both back on and trying again. Contacted Sony who remotely checked TV and said it was a problem with Windows settings. Under 'add a device'...
  8. Problems with video player in full screen mode and connecting via hdmi

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problems with video player in full screen mode and connecting via hdmi: When using any video player in full screen mode and connecting via hdmi to TV after some time connection gets jittery (freezes the starts again etc..) as if something is slowing down video. Any ideas what could be causing this and if it can de solved? Thank you. 25122
  9. PC to TV via HDMI Cord

PC to TV via HDMI Cord: I'm trying to stream video on my TV from my computer using an HDMI cord. Both have an HDMI port. The TV is the HDMI2 port. I've done everything suggested on the web to get his to work. I do have 2 display ports/cards because I use 3 monitors. I thought that might be an issue...
  10. Can't connect PC to TV via HDMI

Can't connect PC to TV via HDMI: When I connect them the PC doesn't even detect it, and the TV just says no signal, even though I allowed it in the TV settings. My video card is a Gigabyte GeForce GT 710 with the latest drivers installed and it supports the resolution of the TV. Also, it says PC Input on...