Windows 10: Connecting A Controller to Computer

Discus and support Connecting A Controller to Computer in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I'm having problems trying to get an Xbox One controller connected to my Windows 8 computer via USB. I don't think that my computer is recognizing that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by EllisonHarris, Nov 25, 2021.

1. Connecting A Controller to Computer

I'm having problems trying to get an Xbox One controller connected to my Windows 8 computer via USB. I don't think that my computer is recognizing that I have a controller plugged in and I don't know how to fix it. Can anyone help?

:)

EllisonHarris, Nov 25, 2021
  2. Mala_S Win User

Can’t connect Xbox one controller to pc

Hello SubieTY,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Initially, we need to pair the device to show up in the list while connected through Bluetooth. Check with the below mentioned steps and see if it works.

Hope it helps.

Mala S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Mala_S, Nov 25, 2021
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Connecting computer with no internet connection to network printer

@dk1971
    1. Open Admin command and type: ipconfig

Connecting A Controller to Computer [​IMG]
    2. Win+X->Control Panel->Netwok and Sharing Center
      Follow the screen shot. This should disable internet access from this PC but allows access to local device(s)
      NOTE: Use the IP & Subnet Mask from step 1. Leave Default gateway & DNS Server blank

Connecting A Controller to Computer [​IMG]

topgundcp, Nov 25, 2021
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

Connecting A Controller to Computer

Xbox Controller is not connecting to Wireless Adapter

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I appreciate your time and patience to work on this issue. To have a better clarity on the issue please reply to the following questions:

• Are you using an Xbox one controller?

If you are using an Xbox one controller, I suggest you to refer the steps in the article

How to connect an Xbox One Wireless Controller to a Windows PC
    and see if that helps in resolving the issue.

I would also suggest you to uninstall all the hidden devices under USB hive and check if you are able to connect the wireless adapter. Please follow the steps mentioned below to uninstall the hidden drivers:

1. Press and hold the Windows + X key on the keyboard.
    2. Select Device manager.
    3. Click View tab.
    4. Select Show hidden devices.
    5. Expand Universal Serial Bus and remove all the greyed out devices. To remove the greyed out devices, right click on the device and select
      uninstall.
    6. Restart your computer.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Nov 25, 2021
Thema:

Connecting A Controller to Computer

1. Connecting A Controller to Computer - Similar Threads - Connecting Controller Computer

2. Random Controller Connected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random Controller Connected: Can somebody please tell me why there is an xbox controller connected to my pc but no controller is plugged in and i don't own a xbox controller https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/random-controller-connected/813ffb30-255b-4ae0-8195-ea48420ca942
  3. Can't connect Xbox controller to computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't connect Xbox controller to computer: I don't know why, but my Xbox controller won't connect to my computer. I tried both Bluetooth and wired connection, but neither worked. Is there something wrong with my computer?...
  4. Can't connect Xbox controller to computer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't connect Xbox controller to computer: I don't know why, but my Xbox controller won't connect to my computer. I tried both Bluetooth and wired connection, but neither worked. Is there something wrong with my computer?...
  5. Can't connect Xbox controller to computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. Connecting A Controller to Computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Connecting A Controller to Computer: I'm having problems trying to get an Xbox One controller connected to my Windows 8 computer via USB. I don't think that my computer is recognizing that I have a controller plugged in and I don't know how to fix it. Can anyone help?...
  7. Connecting controller to pc

Connecting controller to pc: Hi ive been trying to connect my controller to my pc, I have watched a lot of videos including DS4windows. When I plug in my controller it does make a sounds but then the light of the controller turns off again. I just bought the controller today so that shouldnt be the...
  8. Controller not connecting to pc

Controller not connecting to pc: So everytime i have tried to connect my xbox one controller to my pc it doesn't seem to give a interaction that it has noticed that I have plugged it in, I've tried everything but alasas nothing, watch countless videos, read articles nothing seems to work, I've updated...
  9. Controller connected but not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Controller connected but not working: I'm having an issue where my xbox one controller is showing up in device manager and works in steam big picture mode but not in-game. Worked consistently until today suddenly, any help would be greatly appreciated. submitted by /u/hank38 [link] [comments]...
  10. Unable to connect Xbox One controller to computer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to connect Xbox One controller to computer: I find it really challenging to connect my Xbox One controller to the computer using Bluetooth. But I didn’t have any difficulties when it was connecting using the USB. I purchased a csr 4.0 usb bluetooth adapter, installed the driver. However I cannot find an option to turn...