Windows 10: Connecting a Microsoft 7 to Microsoft 10 network

Discus and support Connecting a Microsoft 7 to Microsoft 10 network in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; How can I get my Microsoft 7 laptop connected wirelessly to my Network that's on my main computer which is Microsoft 10. Are they not compatible?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Jack old baldy, Dec 22, 2019.

1. Connecting a Microsoft 7 to Microsoft 10 network

How can I get my Microsoft 7 laptop connected wirelessly to my Network that's on my main computer which is Microsoft 10. Are they not compatible?

:)

Jack old baldy, Dec 22, 2019

2. Microsoft Botches Up UEFI Support for Windows 7 on ASUS Motherboards

Connecting a Microsoft 7 to Microsoft 10 network [​IMG]

Microsoft suggests updating to Windows 10 to patch Windows 7
    • Tweet
    • Facebook
    • Google plus
    • Send to
    9 Comments

MICROSOFT HAS confirmed a potentially lappy-borking problem that it won't be fixing, because Windows 7.

Woody Leonhard, the respected Windows columnist, points to a problem involving Asus motherboards, which also appear rebadged in a variety of other manufacturers' machines, and the activation of UEFI Secure Boot for Windows 7 in a patch KB3133977.

Short version: install update, welcome to Borksville, population you.

Both Asus and Microsoft acknowledged the problem. Microsoft entitled the article "BitLocker can't encrypt drives because of service crashes in svchost.exe process in Windows 7 or Windows Server 2008 R2", but we prefer to just call it "Trevor for brevity."

The firm's advice was that it's an optional update, leave well alone, you'll be fine, or alternatively turn secure boot off.

Then Microsoft did a silly, silly thing.

It moved the update from 'optional' to 'recommended' and anyone who reads this site regularly will know what happens when Microsoft does this. That's right boys and girls - it makes it automatically install, unless you've specifically told your machine not to.

So now, if you have one of the affected motherboard and you keep your security updates automatic like wot Microsoft recommends, then your machine will stop working properly.

We should add it's not permanently bricked, but it will take some mucking about in the BIOS to fix and that's a pain even for an experienced computer user.

Microsoft has, by offering a workaround, suggested heavily that it won't be fixing the problem, though we have asked the question, so expect a response in about a fortnight.

But the real kicker is this piece of advice: "Note The Secure Boot feature is supported in Windows 10. To learn more about the security advantages of this feature and about the upgrade path from Windows 7 to Windows 10, go to the following Windows website"

Holy toledo, this company really knows how to rub people up the wrong way.

After all - if the advice is to manually avoid the update or move to a version of the operating system where there's virtually no control over updates, then Microsoft is dealing in massive contradictions.

A more cynical site would suggest that it's yet another example of Microsoft running Windows 7 into the ground and adding built in obsolescence to encourage quicker updates. But we're not that sort of site.

Its the patching to force secure boot that is the problem win 7 does not support secure boot
    hence it borks systems and well microsofts answer is Cactus >your Asshole > insert

from the inquirer

dorsetknob, Dec 22, 2019
  3. Microsoft Selects Dolby Audio for Windows 10

it would've been great if microsoft added HEVC decoders, LAV filters along with other codecs with Windows 10, and developing WMP to be better than VLC, KMPlayer and such sorts of media players.

Nevertheless, this is good step for microsoft, by far.

Analog_Interface, Dec 22, 2019
  4. Jomel Ber Win User

Connecting a Microsoft 7 to Microsoft 10 network

No Network Connection for Microsoft Applications

Hi Nick,

We would like to gather more information about your concern for better assistance.

• Did you receive any error code or message when trying to access those Microsoft applications?
    • What version of Office are you using?
    • Do you have a subscription with Microsoft Office?
    • Did you activate your Office using a product key or a Microsoft account?
    You can also check the steps on how to fix Network connection issues provided on this link:

Fix network connection issues in Windows 10.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Jomel Ber, Dec 22, 2019
Thema:

Connecting a Microsoft 7 to Microsoft 10 network

1. Connecting a Microsoft 7 to Microsoft 10 network - Similar Threads - Connecting Microsoft Microsoft

2. Microsoft 7 OS to Microsoft 10 Upgrade Error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft 7 OS to Microsoft 10 Upgrade Error: I am trying to upgrade my desktop PC Dell Optiplex 755 with latest BIOS from OS 7 to MS OS 10.I have a download version of MS OS 10 as well as the MS Tool to create a bootable media.I have created a bootable media USB flash drive on another PC that has MS OS 10 on it using...
  3. Microsoft 7 OS to Microsoft 10 Upgrade Error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft 7 OS to Microsoft 10 Upgrade Error: I am trying to upgrade my desktop PC Dell Optiplex 755 with latest BIOS from OS 7 to MS OS 10.I have a download version of MS OS 10 as well as the MS Tool to create a bootable media.I have created a bootable media USB flash drive on another PC that has MS OS 10 on it using...
  4. Microsoft 7 OS to Microsoft 10 Upgrade Error

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Wifi unable to connect to "Microsoft Network"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi unable to connect to "Microsoft Network": A couple weeks ago I sent my laptop in for repairs at an ASUS Repair center due to the Wifi Lan Card acting up and ceasing to work. They fixed that by just factory resetting the computer and sending it back, so as far as I'm aware, no other changes were made. However, After...
  6. Wifi unable to connect to "Microsoft Network"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi unable to connect to "Microsoft Network": A couple weeks ago I sent my laptop in for repairs at an ASUS Repair center due to the Wifi Lan Card acting up and ceasing to work. They fixed that by just factory resetting the computer and sending it back, so as far as I'm aware, no other changes were made. However, After...
  7. Wifi unable to connect to "Microsoft Network"

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. can not connect window 10 to a window 7 network

can not connect window 10 to a window 7 network: can not connect window 10 to a window 7 network https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-not-connect-window-10-to-a-window-7-network/2be23f00-fb7b-49a2-a7e0-98f1d440aac8
  9. Microsoft Works 7 on windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft Works 7 on windows 10: Somehow my computer got wiped out accidentally. I wan to reinstall Microsoft works 7 (I have Tracking ID Number). Is there an easy link I can use to do this?...
  10. Microsoft network

Microsoft network: should the microsoft network adapter multiplexor protical be checked off in the ethernet properties https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/microsoft-network/d6ac7eab-f35e-42a8-be2c-2ff81faa6f40