Windows 10: Connecting a Microsoft account to a domain account Windows 10

Discus and support Connecting a Microsoft account to a domain account Windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi Everyone, I was wondering how I could connect my Microsoft account to my domain account at work? Would I then be able to access the network drives... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Dwayne10, Jan 15, 2019.

1. Dwayne10 Win User

Connecting a Microsoft account to a domain account Windows 10

Hi Everyone,

I was wondering how I could connect my Microsoft account to my domain account at work?

Would I then be able to access the network drives from home by logging into my Microsoft account if they were both connected?

Would anyone be able to help with this?

Thanks

Dwayne

:)

Dwayne10, Jan 15, 2019
  2. Zakin Win User

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Connecting a Microsoft account to a domain account Windows 10 :(

Zakin, Jan 15, 2019
  3. G. Sauer Win User
    Cannot connect Microsoft account to domain account

When I go to settings, accounts, your account and I click "add a Microsoft account" a new windows opens.

Problem is I see "Just a moment" and about 2 seconds later the window closes and I wasn't able to provide my Microsoft login credentials.

There are no accounts listed under "Other accounts you use".

So I cannot connect my accounts because the window closes - I can't see any error messages.

Is there a workaround, powershell command or registry solution?

Thanks

Background

I just installed a clean version of windows 10 edu connected to my domain. And I'm logged in with a domain account. There are no policies set to change any behavior of connecting the accounts. In win 8 and 8.1 it worked seamlessly.

G. Sauer, Jan 15, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Jan 15, 2019
Thema:

1. Connecting a Microsoft account to a domain account Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Connecting Microsoft account

2. Getting a Microsoft Account with a company domain mail

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Getting a Microsoft Account with a company domain mail: Hello,We use Google Workspace as our mail provider with our company's domain. We are using local accounts as Windows accounts for our PCs. I want to switch to Microsoft Accounts to be used as Windows users, but the system rejects me creating it with our company's domain email...
  3. Windows Domain Account ?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Domain Account ?: Hi, Ive purchased a laptop from eBay but to be safe I decided to put a fresh windows on it, I completely wiped the only drive (C) and it goes through setup etc then presents me with a company logon! If I restart setup and dont connect to a network then its ok and windows is...
  4. Minecraft Windows 10 not connecting to Microsoft account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft Windows 10 not connecting to Microsoft account?: So I purchased the Windows 10 version of Minecraft a year ago. My laptop's hard drive failed and I had to get a new one, so of course I lost everything backup your files people, don't be like me. I thought my Minecraft worlds, skins, realms, etc. would be saved through my...
  5. Microsoft account has the same domain as the bussiness Account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft account has the same domain as the bussiness Account: I have a friend with a Microsoft account domain that is the same as his business domain. He does not remember how he created it, but it is there and it is causing confusion. When he logs on to his Microsoft account, and select the work or school account, he logs on to his...
  6. Windows Hello With Domain Account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows Hello With Domain Account: Hello, I would like to sign into my PC with Windows Hello using my laptop's fingerprint sensor. However, I sign into Windows using a domain account, not a local or Microsoft account. Apparently, Windows Hello is not enabled by default for domain accounts. I am curious as to...
  7. Microsoft account alias - domain issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft account alias - domain issue: I'm trying to add an email address as an alias in my Microsoft Account and having difficulty. My primary alias is a Yahoo email address and I'd prefer to use my primary personal account. However, my primary personal account ends in ".us" and the alias wizard says "You can't...
  8. Windows 10 m365 account and join Domain

Windows 10 m365 account and join Domain: Hi all, I want to know can Windows 10 can add the m365 account and join the local domain together? Since the m365 looks like cannot push the GPO's just can controls the built-in apps. Thanks all reply....
  9. Can't Connect Microsoft Account On A Domain Computer

Can't Connect Microsoft Account On A Domain Computer: Hi everyone. I am setting up new workstations in my office that are connected to a domain server. I've got everything up and running on my workstation fine, and have added my personal Microsoft account and my work 365 account to the computer. However, when I go to "Sync Your...
  10. Connecting User Account to Microsoft Account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Connecting User Account to Microsoft Account: Hello, I have done the upgrade for a few family members, connecting the accounts too with no issues at all, however, in one particular case, I ran into issues. The process started as it should do, and the window says it was currently doing the changes.... then the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows.phone.Microsoft.account.phone.635.servr.domain