Windows 10: Connecting a storage device. It is not recognized by my computer. Suggestions?

Discus and support Connecting a storage device. It is not recognized by my computer. Suggestions? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Connecting a storage device. It is not recognized by my computer. Suggestions?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MikeDreith, Mar 20, 2019.

1. Connecting a storage device. It is not recognized by my computer. Suggestions?

Connecting a storage device. It is not recognized by my computer. Suggestions?

:)

MikeDreith, Mar 20, 2019

2. VMware-usb storage device not recognized

Hello,

I'm running Windows XP in Workstation Player on a Windows 10 laptop.

My USB CD/DVD drive is able to mount in the Player. So is a flash drive.

My Western Digital ssd (My Passport Ultra) is listed in "Removable devices", but fails to mount, giving this error:

Connecting a storage device. It is not recognized by my computer. Suggestions? [​IMG]

In the Virtual Machine settings, the USB controller is using usb 2.0.

The WD ssd is compatible with usb 3.0 and 2.0, and is supported by Windows XP. My desktop computer running Win XP has no problem mounting the drive.

The device manager in virtual Win XP shows it as an "unknown device."

I've read everything I can find on the problem, and tried a number of suggestions from the knowledge base at VMware as well as solutions via google searches.

Perhaps the WD ssd just won't work on the free version of VM Workstation Player (v. 14).

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,
    Paul

Paul Bacon, Mar 20, 2019
  3. System Specs minor revisions and suggestions

Change: Hard Disk(s) to Storage Device(s)
    Change: LCD/CRT Model: to Display Device(s):
    add an Audio Device(s) = for headsets and speaker set ups.

and as others have suggested before: The option to list more than one system spec

lyndonguitar, Mar 20, 2019
  4. Connecting a storage device. It is not recognized by my computer. Suggestions?

Samsung Focus Recognized as a USB Mass Storage Device

Hello Giraffy,

First I would try to reinstall the Zune Software on your PC - if this does not help I am afraid that I have to suggest removing the SD card and reset the device to factory defaults and check if the device would be recognized properly. Using non–Windows
    Phone 7 Compliant SD Card in your device is not supported scenario and it might be the cause of your issue.

Please see more details about Windows Phone 7 Secure Digital Card Limitations here:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2450831/en-us

When you connect Windows Phone 7 to your computer it should be listed as a Windows Phone USB Device in Device Manager. USB mass storage is not supported scenario on WP7 and the phone cannot be accessed through Windows Explorer. I know that there are
    registry hack to enable the USB mass storage, but again you will get into the unsupported scenario again.

Best Regards

Martin V.

Martin V. - WP7 Support, Mar 20, 2019
Thema:

Connecting a storage device. It is not recognized by my computer. Suggestions?

1. Connecting a storage device. It is not recognized by my computer. Suggestions? - Similar Threads - Connecting storage device

2. My computer can connect with my device, recognize that the device is an audio device, but...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer can connect with my device, recognize that the device is an audio device, but...: I have a pair of Bluetooth earbuds that I have used for about a year, with no issues. While I was watching videos on my laptop my audio cut out. Checking the audio on the quick access bar at the bottom of the screen showed that I didn't have an audio device...
  3. My computer can connect with my device, recognize that the device is an audio device, but...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My computer can connect with my device, recognize that the device is an audio device, but...: I have a pair of Bluetooth earbuds that I have used for about a year, with no issues. While I was watching videos on my laptop my audio cut out. Checking the audio on the quick access bar at the bottom of the screen showed that I didn't have an audio device...
  4. My computer can connect with my device, recognize that the device is an audio device, but...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. USB storage devices charging, but not recognized when connected

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB storage devices charging, but not recognized when connected: Hi, I have a dictaphone / voice recorder that previously worked on my windows 10 machine. It has stopped being recognized by the USB ports; all that happens is it lights up and charges the device but there is no indication of anything being connected. I assumed the device was...
  6. USB storage devices charging, but not recognized when connected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB storage devices charging, but not recognized when connected: Hi, I have a dictaphone / voice recorder that previously worked on my windows 10 machine. It has stopped being recognized by the USB ports; all that happens is it lights up and charges the device but there is no indication of anything being connected. I assumed the device was...
  7. USB storage devices charging, but not recognized when connected

8. USB device not recognized. The last USB device connected to this computer malfunctioned.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB device not recognized. The last USB device connected to this computer malfunctioned.: Hello, I get a notification from the windows explorer stating that; USB device not recognized. The last USB device connected to this computer malfunctioned whenever I tried to connect my wireless mouse. I have tried power management, driver update methods but nothing worked....
  9. USB device not recognized. The last USB device connected to this computer malfunctioned.

USB device not recognized. The last USB device connected to this computer malfunctioned.: Hello, I get a notification from the windows explorer stating that; USB device not recognized. The last USB device connected to this computer malfunctioned whenever I tried to connect my wireless mouse. I have tried power management, driver update methods but nothing worked....
  10. VMware-usb storage device not recognized

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    VMware-usb storage device not recognized: Hello, I'm running Windows XP in Workstation Player on a Windows 10 laptop. My USB CD/DVD drive is able to mount in the Player. So is a flash drive. My Western Digital ssd (My Passport Ultra) is listed in "Removable devices", but fails to mount, giving this error:...