Windows 10: connecting a TV with HDMI cable to hp laptop

Discus and support connecting a TV with HDMI cable to hp laptop in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Every time I try to connect my dual boot HP Pavilion laptop running Windows 10 N Version 1809 to my Vizio E420i-B0 TV my laptop crashes. When I make... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Wigz, Sep 10, 2019.

1. Wigz Win User

connecting a TV with HDMI cable to hp laptop

Every time I try to connect my dual boot HP Pavilion laptop running Windows 10 N Version 1809 to my Vizio E420i-B0 TV my laptop crashes. When I make the hdmi connection via Linux Lite 3.6 the TV connects without a problem. Is it the N 10 1809 version of Windows that's the problem? My local computer expert installed both operating systems at the same time after my factory installed ssd drive crashed. He isn't a big fan of Microsoft's automatic updating so he disabled that feature. I haven't had any Windows 10 updates for over a year.

:)

2. ThundaBG Win User

Laptop not recognizing TV through HDMI connection

Hello everyone!

First I do apologize if this is not the correct section for this thread.

I've had issues connecting my laptop to TV for the past day. Connection is done through an HDMI cable. Connection was good up until it randomly turned off itself while playing a game. There have been no hardware or software changes whatsoever that would affect it.

TV is SAMSUNG, Model: UE32J4000AW. Laptop info is available in My PC Specs. (laptop is brand new, week or two old)

Here's what I've tried so far:

• 3 different HDMI cables
    • switching between ports on TV
    • tried all projection options on Laptop
    • Disable / Enable both Intel and Nvidia drivers
    • Rollback Intel GPU driver and installed it back to latest version
    • Re-installed Nvidia driver
    • Restarted PC and TV
    • Scan for hardware changes through Device Manager
    • Checked Intel and Nvidia control panels - there were no available options
    • Apparently both HDMI ports on the TV work as I tried them with a tv box.

I think that's all I've tried so far, will add anything else if missed. Open to suggestions.

ThundaBG, Sep 10, 2019
  3. connecting hp laptop to sony tv using hdmi

Hello

We're sorry for the trouble this has caused.

Have you tried with a different HDMI cable?

Below are the steps to connect the TV to your laptop.

Connect the TV to the LAptop using the cable you have chosen.

Connect the TV power and turn it on.

Change the TV video input source to match the video source connection from the laptop (Line-1, Video-1, HDMI, etc.). Refer to the documentation that came with the TV for instructions.

Depending on the TV, the image quality might not be as good as that of a monitor.

I hope this information helps. Please let me know if you have any more questions or require further help.

Regards

dayamiperez, Sep 10, 2019
  4. ROBBARRON Win User

unable to connect laptop to tv using HDMI cable

I am attempting to connect my laptop to my Hitachi TV using a hdmi cable

my TV can be seen in my list of devices on my laptop

the message on my TV is telling me there is No Signal

I know it has worked before but not since I had windows 10 installed

ROBBARRON, Sep 10, 2019
Thema:

1. connecting a TV with HDMI cable to hp laptop - Similar Threads - connecting HDMI cable

2. Connecting PC and TV by HDMI cable

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Connecting PC and TV by HDMI cable: I connected ny computer to the smart TV by a HDMI cable in order to see content on the TV screen. I see the on the TV screen the bottom applications line but not the screen itself....
  3. hdmi cable to tv

hdmi cable to tv: Since installing windows 10 i cant get the hdmi cable from laptop to tv to work, i was working fine prior to me downloading windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hdmi-cable-to-tv/fbb308ac-309b-4ec2-a047-673dfeec99e9
  4. HDMI output disappeared on laptop - TV no longer plays audio when connected with HDMI cable.

HDMI output disappeared on laptop - TV no longer plays audio when connected with HDMI cable.: I connected my laptop to the TV last night via HDMI to watch some shows when I noticed it wasn't playing audio like it usually does. Visual was fine, but audio was only coming from my laptop. Went through various settings and tried everything from games to mp3s, but it's like...
  5. Connecting my laptop to my tv using HDMI cable

Connecting my laptop to my tv using HDMI cable: have connected my tv to my laptop using a hdmi cable. the picture goes to my tv fine but not the sounds. I was messing around with the sound settings as Icould not get sound just out of my laptop but could get sound through my tv. Now I can only get sound through the laptop...
  6. PC and TV not connecting via HDMI cable

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    PC and TV not connecting via HDMI cable: I have connected my Tablet PC to my smart TV with the correct cable but have so far not got them working together. On the TV I have enabled HDMI and selected the right port, but have not found any relevant settings on the PC. Plus the advice I have found online has not...
  7. problem with connecting TV using HDMI cable

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    problem with connecting TV using HDMI cable: My HDIM connect used to work fine but now I am unable to connect my TV using HDMI cable from my laptop. I receive an error message saying that it cannot detect another display...
  8. connecting hp laptop to sony tv using hdmi

connecting hp laptop to sony tv using hdmi: I have a HP laptop I am trying to connect to my sony tv using laptop and have no idea it show nothing when I connect cord and not sure what to do help anyone?...
  9. Connect Laptop to TV using VGA- HDMI cable

in Windows 10 Customization
    Connect Laptop to TV using VGA- HDMI cable: Hi, I am using Dell Vostro 3466 and it doesnt have HDMI port so I am using VGA to HDMI port. I am trying to connect it with my smart tv but it says no signal. My laptop display has been destroyed and I can barely see whats on it. Please suggest shortcuts or work arounds...
  10. connecting laptop with windows 10 to tv with HDMI cable

in Windows 10 Customization
    connecting laptop with windows 10 to tv with HDMI cable: I'm trying to view my laptop (Windows 10) to my tv. The settings menu says it doesn't detect another display. What am I doing wrong? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/connecting-laptop-with-windows-10-to-tv-with-hdmi/54f4c9c6-91e2-4a0b-916c-825410a42125