Windows 10: connecting a windows 7 computer to a windows 10 for printer sharing

Discus and support connecting a windows 7 computer to a windows 10 for printer sharing in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; since there is no homegroup in windows 10 how can I connect my windows 7 computer to my windows 10 computer and how do I find the settings for home... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by sidwill61, Oct 24, 2019.

1. sidwill61 Win User

connecting a windows 7 computer to a windows 10 for printer sharing

since there is no homegroup in windows 10 how can I connect my windows 7 computer to my windows 10 computer and how do I find the settings for home group type password

:)

sidwill61, Oct 24, 2019
  2. OrbitzXT Win User

Office Printer & Windows 7

Most of the computers in my offices at work have Windows XP on them at the moment. I'm slowly converting them over to Windows 7 but have hit a bit of a roadblock. We have this big printer/scanner/copier in the front that is connected to the office network, so for example you can scan a bunch of documents and have the PDFs sent to a particular computer. I have a Windows 7 computer all set up, but the PDF is not reaching the computer after it scans.

I imagine there is something I'm doing wrong with the sharing process on the Windows 7 computer. Enabling sharing is pretty easy on XP, I thought I had everything set up on Windows 7 for sharing but apparently not. Any thoughts on what I can check to get this working?

OrbitzXT, Oct 24, 2019
  3. JoeIrwin Win User
    Window 10 will not connect to shared local printer on Windows 7

My home network has two computers, Windows 10 Pro and Windows 7 Pro, shared on a HOMEGROUP. For many months the Win 10 computer has shared a local HP LaserJet printer connected (LPT1) to my Win 7 machine. Recently, after an automated windows update, my Windows 10 will NO longer connect to the shared printer on the Win 7 machine. When I go to ADD PRINTER, no shared printer shows up. However, I can see the shared printer in the network section of Windows Explorer. Please help. Thanks!

JoeIrwin, Oct 24, 2019
  4. trt740 Win User

Need help connecting XP Laptop to Vista Desktop's Printer.

will try this

trt740, Oct 24, 2019
Thema:

1. connecting a windows 7 computer to a windows 10 for printer sharing - Similar Threads - connecting computer printer

2. Connecting my Mac to a Printer Shared by Windows Computer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Connecting my Mac to a Printer Shared by Windows Computer: hi everyone, I need help into sharing my USB printer on my windows 10 machine with my MacBook that is connected to the wifi https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/connecting-my-mac-to-a-printer-shared-by-windows/c0daa569-6bd4-4d08-a8c8-b0f68d6d51a6
  3. Connecting my Mac to a Printer Shared by Windows Computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Connecting my Mac to a Printer Shared by Windows Computer: hi everyone, I need help into sharing my USB printer on my windows 10 machine with my MacBook that is connected to the wifi https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/connecting-my-mac-to-a-printer-shared-by-windows/c0daa569-6bd4-4d08-a8c8-b0f68d6d51a6
  4. Connecting my Mac to a Printer Shared by Windows Computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. New printer will not connect to Windows 7 computer Network.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New printer will not connect to Windows 7 computer Network.: I have a HP Windows 7 computer. I just purchased an HP ENVY 6458e printer and it will not attach to the Network. Any suggestions? Is my computer just to old to support the printer?...
  6. New printer will not connect to Windows 7 computer Network.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New printer will not connect to Windows 7 computer Network.: I have a HP Windows 7 computer. I just purchased an HP ENVY 6458e printer and it will not attach to the Network. Any suggestions? Is my computer just to old to support the printer?...
  7. Windows 10 Shared printer does not work on Windows 7

Windows 10 Shared printer does not work on Windows 7: Hi all, We have a shared printer Samsung 282x series on a Windows 10 machine and it seems that after upgrading windows 10 to latest updates, printer is visible on windows 7 machines but not accessible. (\\hostname\printer is there) Trying to access this shared printer...
  8. How do I connect Windows 10 to shared local printer on Windows 7

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I connect Windows 10 to shared local printer on Windows 7: After an automated windows update, my Windows 10 will NO longer connect to the shared local printer on the Win 7 machine. When I go to ADD PRINTER, no shared printer shows up. However, I can see the shared printer in the network section of Windows Explorer. Please help....
  9. Window 10 will not connect to shared local printer on Windows 7

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Window 10 will not connect to shared local printer on Windows 7: My home network has two computers, Windows 10 Pro and Windows 7 Pro, shared on a HOMEGROUP. For many months the Win 10 computer has shared a local HP LaserJet printer connected (LPT1) to my Win 7 machine. Recently, after an automated windows update, my Windows 10 will NO...
  10. Share a printer from windows 10 to windows 7

Share a printer from windows 10 to windows 7: I am using windows 10 in two computers & other one use windows 7. I have install and use printer on one windows 10 computer and it is shared. I can use these shared printer on other windows 10 computer but can't use it in windows 7 computer. Can i solve this problem....