Windows 10: connecting a xbox 360 controller

Discus and support connecting a xbox 360 controller in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi all, I use to be able to connect my xbox 360 controller to the x 360 wireless remote and play on my laptop. For a few months now i have been... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by NickAllum, Sep 18, 2018.

1. NickAllum Win User

connecting a xbox 360 controller

Hi all,

I use to be able to connect my xbox 360 controller to the x 360 wireless remote and play on my laptop.

For a few months now i have been unable to add the device with the drop down menu, both through device manager and the Add a device route, it use to give me a drop down menu, select xbox 360 peripheral and the controller would connect..

anyone else having/ or had this issue?

many thanks

:)

NickAllum, Sep 18, 2018

2. Xbox 360 controller won't connect

Hi,

You can connect an Xbox 360 controller wirelessly to your computer by using an Xbox 360 Wireless Gaming Receiver only. For the instructions on how to connect your controller wirelessly using your Xbox 360 Wireless Gaming Receiver, you can follow the steps
    provided on this
    link

If the issue persists, we recommend that you connect the controller to the computer using a USB cable to test if there is an issue with the controller itself.

Keep us updated with the results after performing the suggested solutions above.

Loraine Mon, Sep 18, 2018
  3. Xbox One controller being recognized as a 360 Controller

Hi Stephan,

There are several reasons why your Xbox One controller is detected as an Xbox 360 controller by your PC. It is possible that the controller is not updated or if you previously used an Xbox 360 controller on the PC, it is still detecting its drivers instead
    of the Xbox One controller drivers. To properly isolate your concern, please clarify the following information:

• Have you used an Xbox 360 controller on the same computer before?
    • Does the error message occur on all of the games that you play?
    • Have you tried to update the controller?
    • Are you using an Xbox One Elite controller?

In the meantime, we suggest that you update the controller by following the steps on this

link

4. connecting a xbox 360 controller

XBOX 360 wireless controller and wireless gaming receiver.

Hi,

Issues with connecting your Xbox 360 Controller to your Windows 10 PC may occur if the drivers are not successfully installed. To properly isolate your concern, please clarify the following information:

• What is exactly happening when you tried to connect the controller?
    • Are there any error messages when you tried to connect the controller?
    • Have you tried connecting the controller using a USB cable to the PC?

In the meantime, you may visit
    How to set up an Xbox 360 Controller for Windows
    for the step by step instructions.

Thema:

connecting a xbox 360 controller

1. connecting a xbox 360 controller - Similar Threads - connecting xbox 360

2. xbox 360 wired controller

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    xbox 360 wired controller: my Xbox 360 wired controller start blinking and continuous vibration during game i tried re installing drivers but nothing works https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xbox-360-wired-controller/2d23b6d0-1939-407a-ac0a-c6f6bda81c90
  3. xbox 360 wireless controller

in Windows 10 Gaming
    xbox 360 wireless controller: HelloI want to use my xbox 360 wireless adapter on pc win 10and i read a lot of help guides even here and nothing helpedThe problem is that the device manager doesnt react at all when i insert the adapter into the usb,any usb slot they are all workingand the adapter is...
  4. xbox 360 wireless controller

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    xbox 360 wireless controller: HelloI want to use my xbox 360 wireless adapter on pc win 10and i read a lot of help guides even here and nothing helpedThe problem is that the device manager doesnt react at all when i insert the adapter into the usb,any usb slot they are all workingand the adapter is...
  5. Xbox 360 controller not woking.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Xbox 360 controller not woking.: My issue is with the wired Xbox 360 controller on Windows 10 version 21h1. The device manager says "Unknown USB DeviceDevice descriptor request failed".I used to use this controller on an old laptop where it would work without any issue. I tried plugging the controller into...
  6. RockCandy Xbox 360 controller not connecting to PC.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    RockCandy Xbox 360 controller not connecting to PC.: Sometimes my Xbox 360 controller will light up when connected to my PC, then it will just die. Sometimes it works, and it says it's on and working, p1 light is lit up but when I press buttons, nothing. I've reinstalled drivers, Updated drivers and installed many things to try...
  7. Xbox 360 wireless controllers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox 360 wireless controllers: I am still not able to get my windows 10 pc to recognize my Xbox 360 wireless controller, and it's receiver. It broke when I installed update 2004. Is this going to remain a problem or is there going to be a fix for these to work again? I have tried multiple things to get...
  8. Xbox 360 Wireless Controller not connecting to PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox 360 Wireless Controller not connecting to PC: Just got a new PC so had to resetup my xbox 360 controller with it. I've got the receiver plugged in and have installed all the drivers, however the xbox controller still won't pair. I click the pairing button on the controller and it starts searching, as soon as I click the...
  9. Xbox 360 Controller is not connecting

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Xbox 360 Controller is not connecting: I am trying to hook up an xbox 360 controller, but it is not connecting to any of the games. It just flashes all four rings forever. I am also using this controller as a wired controller. Also, the weirdest part is that the driver is installed but it's not connecting to any...
  10. Xbox 360 controller & GOW4

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox 360 controller & GOW4: Hi. I have an Xbox 360 wireless receiver to use my old Xbox 360 controllers on my Windows 10 PC, these controllers are working perfectly with other games but not with GOW4, the game is not detecting the controllers (I tried with two) and I'm not able to find any option to...