Windows 10: Connecting an old Canon camera to my Win10 laptop

Discus and support Connecting an old Canon camera to my Win10 laptop in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello, This camera is the only one that still takes the old-style memory cards where I have pictures that I need to recover. I use a USB cable to... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by MarianaU'Bhat, Sep 17, 2018.

1. Connecting an old Canon camera to my Win10 laptop

Hello,

This camera is the only one that still takes the old-style memory cards where I have pictures that I need to recover.

I use a USB cable to connect the camera but there is no reaction from my laptop.

Please help,

regards,

M.

:)

MarianaU'Bhat, Sep 17, 2018
  2. Rene_3003 Win User

Connect Canon 350D camera to Windows 10

the EOS 350 D is an older camera and is no longer on the Canon list. I did select Compatability mode on the camera, but it still does not work. Friends told us that we can download the pitcures from the camera to the W 10 computer by using a memory scanner
    which fits to the Canon memory card and has a USB connection to the computer

Rene_3003, Sep 17, 2018
  3. Canon cameras are not working on Win 10

Either of my Canon cameras are working since I've been on Windows 10. The cable is fine, the computer can detect the cameras, there's a "ring" when I plug it, but I can't download pictures or connect to the SD card as an external drive. The Device manager
    can detect I have a Canon camera connected, but tells me the Driver is not installed. There is no driver on the Canon websites for those cameras.

I have installed the WIndows Media player, as suggested by somem to get the necessary driver, to no effect.

I have tried to unplugged all my USB devices before connecting my camera, to no effect.

I have tried to install all software suggested by Canon, to no effect.

The cameras are a Canon Powershot SX 130 IS and a Canon Powershot D20.

The problem seems to also exist on Nikon camera, as I've been reading around. No working solution seems to have been published as of now...

LouisGilbert, Sep 17, 2018
  4. Connecting an old Canon camera to my Win10 laptop

connecting camera to laptop

I have a canon power Shot SX720HS. I have photos going to Canon Image Gateway, but I would like it to connect to photos on laptop which has windows 10. I enabled infrared but wondering if Bluetooth should be downloaded. The icon of camera is present but
    states that it is not connected. My laptop is 9 years old and been through a lot of changes, and I'm not computer literate. Can you enter the device on internet service to router? Which is the best way?

[Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Network & internet]

Betty O'Grodnik, Sep 17, 2018
Thema:

Connecting an old Canon camera to my Win10 laptop

1. Connecting an old Canon camera to my Win10 laptop - Similar Threads - Connecting old Canon

2. Canon 400D camera

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Canon 400D camera: Has anyone found a suitable driver for Win 11 to allow a canon 400D camera to connect? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/canon-400d-camera/8c3963e2-13ed-4e67-835d-3a40ac7947c9
  3. Canon 400D camera

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Canon 400D camera: Has anyone found a suitable driver for Win 11 to allow a canon 400D camera to connect? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/canon-400d-camera/8c3963e2-13ed-4e67-835d-3a40ac7947c9
  4. Connect my laptop's connected camera to my pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Connect my laptop's connected camera to my pc: Hey the question is how can I connect only my laptop's internal webcam to my pc I don't need anything else only my laptop's webcam https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/connect-my-laptops-connected-camera-to-my-pc/9ca042ae-fc35-45aa-b611-506603f185f8
  5. Connect my laptop's connected camera to my pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Connect my laptop's connected camera to my pc: Hey the question is how can I connect only my laptop's internal webcam to my pc I don't need anything else only my laptop's webcam https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/connect-my-laptops-connected-camera-to-my-pc/9ca042ae-fc35-45aa-b611-506603f185f8
  6. Connect my laptop's connected camera to my pc

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Camera on my old HP laptop.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Camera on my old HP laptop.: Good evening to everyone: My camera is no working on my laptop HP 11-y050sa. Can anyone help me please, as soon as possible..?...
  8. Canon Camera G9X Wireless connection

Canon Camera G9X Wireless connection: I have a Canon G9X mark2 camera. This camera will only transfer wirelessly. Following recent windows updates to Windows 10 I cannot transfer photos from camera to PC using the Camera Window software provided by Canon. If I reset the camera, the PC will try to upload photos...
  9. Connecting my Canon Rebel camera to a UBS port?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Connecting my Canon Rebel camera to a UBS port?: How can I connect my Canon Rebel to a USB port to copy my photos? I have installed Windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/connecting-my-canon-rebel-camera-to-a-ubs-port/530d188b-2cae-45a9-a79e-d9a34157e270
  10. Canon Digital camera connection to laptop which has windows 10?

Canon Digital camera connection to laptop which has windows 10?: I have a new laptop which has windows 10.. I was told by the salesman that anything that I plug into a usb port will be recognised and information would appear on the screen? I tried to connect my sons android phone and that turned out to be an horrific list of...