Windows 10: Connecting An old hard drive via USB on Windows 10

Discus and support Connecting An old hard drive via USB on Windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Connecting An old hard drive via USB on Windows 10 the hard drive came out of the laptop that no longer functions I need to say the pictures and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by NightHawkto1, Sep 18, 2018.

1. Connecting An old hard drive via USB on Windows 10

Connecting An old hard drive via USB on Windows 10 the hard drive came out of the laptop that no longer functions I need to say the pictures and documents off of the but I can't seem to get Windows tend to see it it's easy to find under computer management but it says that it needs to be initiated and that would be counterproductive as it would delete everything on the drive

:)

NightHawkto1, Sep 18, 2018
  2. xarzu Win User

new system old hard drive...

I have an old hard drive that has those old ribbon connections to transfer data to the mother board.

I have a new computer that mostly uses those cool little ATA (I think that is what they are called) connections.

The new computer has a Vista OS.

I opened up the case and I was supprised to see on the motherboard a wide ribbon connection and so I connected the old hard drive and a free power connection.

When I turned on the computer, the system started up like usual and did not notice the new hard drive.

I went to the Control Pannel and did an automatic add hard drive call and it did not find the old hard drive.

Any suggestions?

xarzu, Sep 18, 2018
  3. Connection of old hard drive to dowload files.

I have Hard drive from old computer which I wish to connect to my Laptop so that I can download files. The old Hard Drive has Windows XP the Laptop Windows 10. I have a Hard Drive Connection kit which I have connected through a USB port but I get noe response
    from my Lenovo G505s Laptop. How can I gain Access?.The Hard Drive is a Maxtor 320GB HDD DiamondMax 21.

Graham McCarthy1942, Sep 18, 2018
  4. Connecting An old hard drive via USB on Windows 10

Hard Drive not Showing

Hi Lori,

Thank you for posting back.

• How are you connecting the Hard drive to your computer?
    • Have you tried connecting the hard drive to a different computer and check if it works?

It's possible that your USB drivers are corrupt. I suggest you to try the following steps and check.

• Press Windows Key +R and type
      devmgmt.msc
      to open Device manager.
    • Expand Universal Serial Bus controllers
      at the left bottom.
    • Right-click the first USB controller under Universal Serial Bus controllers, and then click on
      Uninstall to remove it.
    • Repeat these steps for the entire USB controller under Universal Serial Bus controllers.
    • Restart the computer. After the computer starts, Windows will automatically scan for hardware changes and reinstall all the USB controllers that you uninstalled.

Keep us posted with the status of the issue to assist you further.

Thank you.

Azaruddin Syed, Sep 18, 2018
Thema:

Connecting An old hard drive via USB on Windows 10

1. Connecting An old hard drive via USB on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Connecting old hard

2. Connecting an old Windows 10 internal Hard Drive as if it was an external hard drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Connecting an old Windows 10 internal Hard Drive as if it was an external hard drive: I recently bought a new Windows 10 PC but kept the old hard drive from my previous Windows 10 PC. I bought the connector cable to plug it to a USB port in as if it were an external hard drive, but Windows keeps wanting to recognize it as a floppy drive. How do I get Windows...
  3. Connecting an old Windows 10 internal Hard Drive as if it was an external hard drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Connecting an old Windows 10 internal Hard Drive as if it was an external hard drive: I recently bought a new Windows 10 PC but kept the old hard drive from my previous Windows 10 PC. I bought the connector cable to plug it to a USB port in as if it were an external hard drive, but Windows keeps wanting to recognize it as a floppy drive. How do I get Windows...
  4. Connecting an old Windows 10 internal Hard Drive as if it was an external hard drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Old Hard Drive not Showing When Connected Via SATA to USB

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Old Hard Drive not Showing When Connected Via SATA to USB: I recently pulled an old Toshiba 2.5 harddrive out my a laptop whose battery had died. I was hoping to pull the data off it onto my new laptop, but my current machine simply won't recognise it. I have the drive connected via a SATA to USB cable, both USB plugs plugged in, so...
  6. Old Hard Drive not Showing When Connected Via SATA to USB

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Old Hard Drive not Showing When Connected Via SATA to USB: I recently pulled an old Toshiba 2.5 harddrive out my a laptop whose battery had died. I was hoping to pull the data off it onto my new laptop, but my current machine simply won't recognise it. I have the drive connected via a SATA to USB cable, both USB plugs plugged in, so...
  7. Old Hard Drive not Showing When Connected Via SATA to USB

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Viewing Folders on old hard drives in Explorer via USB connection

Viewing Folders on old hard drives in Explorer via USB connection: I've got a bunch of older hard drives, some SATA and some PATA that I've been trying to view the files on by connecting them with a Sabrent adapter and also a Vantec adapter. I've had spotty results with being able to view the disks in File Explorer. I can usually see the...
  9. Windows Sees Hard Drive Connected to Router via USB as a Media Device.

Windows Sees Hard Drive Connected to Router via USB as a Media Device.: I recently hooked up a hard drive to my Netgear Night Hawk R6400. I wanted to be able to play my media on my SmartTV but also be able to use it as well to download and save files to. My Windows 10 64bit HP 15 Touchsmart Laptop sees the hard drive, but as a media device....
  10. Old USB hard drive not recognized

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Old USB hard drive not recognized: Hello, I have an old USB hard drive that is not recognized after using Windows 10. It says Unknown USB Device (Invalid Configuration Descriptor). I have tried updating the driver automatically but it says that it is already the most updated driver (driver provider...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. connecting old hard drive to usb

2. connect old hard drive via usb

3. how to connect old hard drive via usb

4. connecting hard drive to windows 10 via usb,
  5. conecting old hard drive via usb,
  6. windows 10 old usb hard drive