Windows 10: Connecting Apple device to Microsoft's version of iTunes to back up.

Discus and support Connecting Apple device to Microsoft's version of iTunes to back up. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Has anyone else had this problem since Microsoft launched their version of iTunes for Windows 10? We have four Apple devices in our household, a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by YoungIan, Aug 22, 2018.

1. YoungIan Win User

Connecting Apple device to Microsoft's version of iTunes to back up.

Has anyone else had this problem since Microsoft launched their version of iTunes for Windows 10? We have four Apple devices in our household, a fairly old iPad Mini 2, an iPhone 5s, a brand new iPhone 8 and an iPad 2 which I bought a year ago. I built up a new computer over Christmas and installed Windows 10 on it. I have managed to back up our Apple devices onto the PC using iTunes with no problems until recently. Now I can back up the newest iPad OK but iTunes will not connect to any of the other devices. All Apple devices are running the latest OS.

I first took this issue up with Apple not realising that Microsoft had commandeered iTunes. They spent a huge amount of effort trying to resolve it but in the end palmed me off to Microsoft. So I've just finished a mammoth one hour plus Chat session with Microsoft to no avail.

I don't see hordes of other users around the world bleating about this problem, so maybe I'm alone here. So, what I really want to know is, does anyone out there have the same problem and, if so, have they found a solution?

:)

YoungIan, Aug 22, 2018

2. Apple Device's Will No Longer Connect With iTunes

You are not the first I have read about Apple devices not being recognized by iTunes on Windows 10. I personally admit my own iPod Touch is not recognized either.

I suggest you revert to a commercial copy of Windows such as Windows 7 or Windows 8.1 until Apple officially updates iTunes to support it.

In the mean time, make sure you report the issue to Microsoft using the Windows Feedback app.

Andre Da Costa, Aug 22, 2018
  3. Apple iTunes and Windows 10

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

• Have you installed the latest iTunes app?
    If you have not installed the latest iTunes app then I suggest you to install the latest iTunes app and then try to download the song and check if the same issue persist.

Also I suggest you to install all the Windows updates and check if it helps.

If still the issue persists, then I suggest you to contact the apple support for iTunes relates query for further assistance.

https://www.apple.com/in/support/itunes/

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Aug 22, 2018
  4. Connecting Apple device to Microsoft's version of iTunes to back up.

Connected Ipad to Microsoft computer

Review:

How
    to connect and browse your Apple devices on a Windows 10 PC

If that does not work, try uninstalling all of iTunes then install the latest version:

This includes:

• iTunes
    • Apple Mobile Device Support
    • Bonjour
    • Apple Software Update
    • Apple Application Support (32-bit)
    • Apple Application Support (64-bit)
    Restart your computer, then download the latest version of iTunes, restart then try connecting your Apple device again.

Andre Da Costa, Aug 22, 2018
Thema:

Connecting Apple device to Microsoft's version of iTunes to back up.

1. Connecting Apple device to Microsoft's version of iTunes to back up. - Similar Threads - Connecting Apple device

2. Apple Device no longer showing up.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Apple Device no longer showing up.: I was importing my photos from my iPhone 7 iOS 14.7.1 when it threw an error and stopped. Upon plugging it back in and accepting the prompt to allow access to photos and videos, I imported most of the rest before I got the same error. I attribute this part to a faulty cord,...
  3. Apple Device no longer showing up.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Apple Device no longer showing up.: I was importing my photos from my iPhone 7 iOS 14.7.1 when it threw an error and stopped. Upon plugging it back in and accepting the prompt to allow access to photos and videos, I imported most of the rest before I got the same error. I attribute this part to a faulty cord,...
  4. Apple Device no longer showing up.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Apple phone backed up twice in window

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Apple phone backed up twice in window: I did a back up with apple support of my apple phone because we weren't sure the first one worked and I just noticed that it was backed up twice on same day just a few mins apart. If I delete one of the back ups to save on space, will it delete the second back that was done...
  6. itune diagnostic "Apple Mobile Device Driver not found."

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    itune diagnostic "Apple Mobile Device Driver not found.": I am on Windows 10. I need iTunes to backup my iphone 7. I downloaded iTunes (microsoft store) but my iphone is not recognized. I ran the diagnostic and it is written "Apple Mobile Device Driver not found." I read the apple support: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204095...
  7. Connecting a apple device to your microsoft account with skype

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Connecting a apple device to your microsoft account with skype: basically, i'm trying to play minecraft on a apple product with the windows 10 version. when i try to install it, it says i don't have any "applicable devices" ... so i tried to add a device to my microsoft account. one of the ways to add a apple device is with skype. so i...
  8. Apple itunes will not install

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Apple itunes will not install: I have been trying all day to install iTunes on my pc but keeps coming up error 0x80072F8F but cant seem to work it out. its asked me to check my internet connection but that's fine but just keeps coming up error. Ive installed google chrome just to check to see if...
  9. problem with Apple iTunes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    problem with Apple iTunes: After updating to Windows 10 in October to version 1809 my iTunes software stopped working. help, please. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-with-apple-itunes/00b99b0b-e835-4b35-ba68-fe6d57c53601
  10. WINDOWS DEFENDER BLOCKING ITUNES & APPLE

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    WINDOWS DEFENDER BLOCKING ITUNES & APPLE: Sure wish there was a way to talk to someone in person at MS. So frustrating. Hubby got a new iphone. His windows defender is blocking apple itunes. I and to uninstall it. It wouldnt install so I turned off defender to install. Now, itunes needs to update the system on the...