Windows 10: Connecting Bluetooth headphones causes audio and video to stutter and lag

Discus and support Connecting Bluetooth headphones causes audio and video to stutter and lag in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Prior to updating to Version 10.0.19041 Bluetooth worked fine. After updating Windows to Version 10.0.19041 and later Version 10.0.19042 connecting... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Dr Marko, Aug 30, 2020.

1. Dr Marko Win User

Connecting Bluetooth headphones causes audio and video to stutter and lag

Prior to updating to Version 10.0.19041 Bluetooth worked fine. After updating Windows to Version 10.0.19041 and later Version 10.0.19042 connecting Bluetooth headphones not only causes audio and video to appear choppy it is actually causing audio and video to play slower. I determined this by holding a stopwatch while watching videos using VLC, Netflix, Youtube, and Windows Movies & TV app. Videos appear to play approximately 66% slower. I believe it is also causing Windows sounds usb disconnects, notifications, and such to play slower but this is difficult to test for. I have tested three different Bluetooth headphones and they all cause the same issue. I have also tested these three Bluetooth headphones on two different Android phones and one non updated, while using the same exact Bluetooth dongle Windows 10 PC and they all work flawlessly. I also tested disconnecting and reconnecting my headphones while watching a video and the moment I connect my headphones the choppy/slow playback problem appears and the moment I disconnect my headphones the problem disappears. I have reinstalled and attempted to update no updates available all relevant drivers but the problem still persists. I have seen a few others post this same problem but so far no fix has been suggested. If anyone has a solution or if is experiencing this problem themselves please post here so that his problem can be addressed.

:)

Dr Marko, Aug 30, 2020

2. Bluetooth audio stutters constantly, unusable

I had to replace my motherboard and reinstalled Windows 10 Professional (64 bit) since then my Bluetooth headphones are unstable and constantly stutter. Despite having a 100m range Bluetooth adapter moving just 1-2m away generally loses the connection.
    Even the smallest movement causes the audio to stutter or cut out. The connection seems to work a bit better if I switch them from stereo mode to hands-free, but the quality of the audio is very poor in that mode.

Alternatively, when I pair the same headphones to my phone there are no audio issues and the range is 10m or more. I have purchased a new Bluetooth adapter and a new pair of headphones and get the same results.

Have tried:

• Reinstalled all drivers, including audio drivers

• Uninstall, reinstall Bluetooth

• Shut off WiFi to check for interference

• Tried with 4 different Bluetooth audio devices, speakers/headphones always the same issue

• Ran Bluetooth and audio troubleshooter

Frank Falupa, Aug 30, 2020
  3. caperjack Win User
    bluetooth headphones

setting up win10 Bluetooth and my Bluetooth headphones work fine ,but every time I reconnect the headphones I have to delete them from Bluetooth settings and let win10 pickup the headphones again ,before they will pair ,then win10 want to reboot to add the headphones ,I reboot and they work fine ,but next time I plug the headphone in again they will not pair ,don't even get an option to pair till I delete the head phones from the list ,, any suggestions ,, thank

caperjack, Aug 30, 2020
  4. Connecting Bluetooth headphones causes audio and video to stutter and lag

Stuttering audio playback with Bose QC35 bluetooth headphones

Ive purchased the Bose QC 35 bluetooth headphones. They have been paired with my Windows 10 desktop. Audio plays with constant stuttering. I have updated Windows, audio drivers, and the headphones themselves.

I have chosen the headphone profile (not headset profile) for audio playback.

I have tried disabling all enhancements.

I have unchecked allow applications to take exclusive control of this device.

I have turned off hands-free telephony.

When paired with my iphone the audio is fine. I tried my wife's Beats headphones and they stutter on Win 10 too, but on iPhone/iPad there's no stutter.

Its obviously a Win 10 issue as i see other people have had the same issue, but there doesn't seem to be a fix.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

johannblandford, Aug 30, 2020
Thema:

Connecting Bluetooth headphones causes audio and video to stutter and lag

1. Connecting Bluetooth headphones causes audio and video to stutter and lag - Similar Threads - Connecting Bluetooth headphones

2. Headphone Virtualization audio lags Bluetooth

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headphone Virtualization audio lags Bluetooth: Hi.I have been using my Redmi Earbuds 2C with my pc since 2 months now.Suddenly since a day or two, my Bluetooth earphone started having distorted audio.Every time the "Headphone Virtualization" effect is switched on, the audio distorts. I am accustomed to using the effect,...
  3. Headphone Virtualization audio lags Bluetooth

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Headphone Virtualization audio lags Bluetooth: Hi.I have been using my Redmi Earbuds 2C with my pc since 2 months now.Suddenly since a day or two, my Bluetooth earphone started having distorted audio.Every time the "Headphone Virtualization" effect is switched on, the audio distorts. I am accustomed to using the effect,...
  4. Headphone Virtualization audio lags Bluetooth

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Bluetooth audio stuttering and lag

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth audio stuttering and lag: This problem persists for 2 months. I cannot use a Bluetooth headset with my HP because the audio and video are constantly interrupted by static. I can successfully connect and pair my device with the laptop, but for example YouTube videos lag and stutter. There is constant...
  6. Bluetooth audio stuttering and lag

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth audio stuttering and lag: This problem persists for 2 months. I cannot use a Bluetooth headset with my HP because the audio and video are constantly interrupted by static. I can successfully connect and pair my device with the laptop, but for example YouTube videos lag and stutter. There is constant...
  7. Bluetooth audio stuttering and lag

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. bluetooth headphone audio stuttering

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    bluetooth headphone audio stuttering: I've had zero issues with bluetooth headphones in the past, however suddenly whenever Im watching something on Netflix, or youtube, and I exit full screen mode, or click into a new tab, the audio will begin to stutter for a few seconds. I have tried different headphones, and...
  9. Bluetooth audio stuttering and lagging

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bluetooth audio stuttering and lagging: This issue has persisted for 5 months now. I am unable to use bluetooth headphones with my Dell XPS 15 9550 because audio and video is constantly interrupted with static. I am able to properly connect and pair my device to the laptop but for example youtube videos lag down...
  10. Audio stutters and lags during video and audio streams

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Audio stutters and lags during video and audio streams: Hi! Watching youtube and other stuff is not pleasing for my ears anymore, audio lags and stutters, no matter what audio source I am using. Here is a screenshot from latency mon: https://imgur.com/a/KmxGuNt Cpu does not throttle and bios in on the latest version Hope...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. stuttering video with bluetooth windows 10