Windows 10: connecting burners

Discus and support connecting burners in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; How do I connect a burner in windows media player... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Jwilloh36, Aug 14, 2019.

1. Jwilloh36 Win User

connecting burners

How do I connect a burner in windows media player

:)

Jwilloh36, Aug 14, 2019

2. Connect a burner and Restart Player

Updated to Windows 10

Now I am getting the following message from Windows Media Player.

CONNECT A BURNER AND RESTART PLAYER????

I cannot locate my DVD/CD DRIVE / BURNER nor is it being detected?

There is not a E or F drive listed.

I have gone as far as unplugging the DVD/CD DRIVE / BURNER and plug it back in and it's still not being detected nor is it listed in DEVICES area?

Was working perfectly fine yesterday?

Any ideas out here?????????????

Your sure not going to get any answers from Microsoft.

Thanxs

Just SimplyMe, Aug 14, 2019
  3. JGRIGBY Win User
    Connect a burner and Restart Player

My Windows Media Player does not detect my computers drive to burn cd's. WMP says "Connect a Burner and Restart the Player". I cannot connect the burner - the device manager does not have a dvd/cd in the list any more. I have tried and tried but cannot get
    the drivers working. This only happened with Windows 10.

JGRIGBY, Aug 14, 2019
  4. deemby Win User

connecting burners

No DVD Burner in win10

Hi. Thank you for your quick response. I downloaded the suggested programme and was able to produce the necessary VOB files. I could not get the burner to work however. Although the programme recognises my burner as per screen, my PC tell me to insert a disc. I have used both my H and I drives, and also tried DVD+RW and DVD-R, both of which are compatible with the programme. Bree ( a forum guru), also suggested using DVD style.I downloaded that but got the same result. I know that you may not be clued up on the particular software, could there be an issue with the drives? when I check the device manager, things seem to be okay. I just feel that I am missing a step somewhere. When I used win 7, I didnt think about what I was doing, it just happened

connecting burners [​IMG]

deemby, Aug 14, 2019
Thema:

connecting burners

1. connecting burners - Similar Threads - connecting burners

2. Now I am getting the following message from Windows Media Player. CONNECT A BURNER AND...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Now I am getting the following message from Windows Media Player. CONNECT A BURNER AND...: Now I am getting the following message from Windows Media Player. CONNECT A BURNER AND RESTART PLAYER???? I cannot locate my DVD/CD DRIVE / BURNER nor is it being detected? I looked at all the inquires and none of it helped. I want to talk to a live person. Please....
  3. Now I am getting the following message from Windows Media Player. CONNECT A BURNER AND...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Now I am getting the following message from Windows Media Player. CONNECT A BURNER AND...: Now I am getting the following message from Windows Media Player. CONNECT A BURNER AND RESTART PLAYER???? I cannot locate my DVD/CD DRIVE / BURNER nor is it being detected? I looked at all the inquires and none of it helped. I want to talk to a live person. Please....
  4. Now I am getting the following message from Windows Media Player. CONNECT A BURNER AND...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. i connect my burner but my computer wont detect it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i connect my burner but my computer wont detect it: I recently got a burner to burn cds but each time i connect it, it says connect burner or the cd i insert the computer doesnt detect it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-connect-my-burner-but-my-computer-wont-detect-it/aecf4de4-dfc7-4066-8efe-40aec410a085
  6. i connect my burner but my computer wont detect it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i connect my burner but my computer wont detect it: I recently got a burner to burn cds but each time i connect it, it says connect burner or the cd i insert the computer doesnt detect it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-connect-my-burner-but-my-computer-wont-detect-it/aecf4de4-dfc7-4066-8efe-40aec410a085
  7. i connect my burner but my computer wont detect it

8. Connect a burner & restart Player

Connect a burner & restart Player: I got this message trying to burn a CD. Firstly, i dont know how to fix it, and secondly, all the info on how to fix it is outdated, i think. I have absolutely 0 experience with computers, so it’s be a godsend if i could get step-by step instructions on how to fix this issue....
  9. Connect a burner and restart the player???

Connect a burner and restart the player???: Looks like i have similar problems like so many others from the communty. 1 I did uninstalled the 2 newly installed Burner softwareprograms as per your advice...but it still ask me to connect a burner & restart Windows Media Player which has been working until now? 2 The...
  10. HOW TO CONNECT A BURNER TO WMP

HOW TO CONNECT A BURNER TO WMP: Used to have device "D" and it got lost. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-connect-a-burner-to-wmp/548ed435-e8b0-4fd6-8ebe-d5fe4a9d300b