Windows 10: connecting camera

Discus and support connecting camera in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My AOC 21" monitor doesn't seem to have a camera port in the center of the top part of the screen. Does this mean I don't have a camera? what ever I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by NancyEffron, Jun 16, 2020.

1. connecting camera

My AOC 21" monitor doesn't seem to have a camera port in the center of the top part of the screen. Does this mean I don't have a camera? what ever I do in settings doesn't locate a camera for me.

:)

NancyEffron, Jun 16, 2020

2. +Connecting Camera

Hi Ernest,

Thanks for posting in the Microsoft community.

I appreciate your interest on windows 10.

Before to begin with troubleshooting,I would like
    you to answer the following questions:

• Provide me the make/model of pc and camera?

• Did you get any error message?
    I would suggest you to follow the steps below:

Step 1:Update the driver

After the install to Windows 10, the drivers for the camera may have not been Installed. I would suggest that you install the drivers for the camera and check.

a. Move the mouse to bottom left corner and right-click on the
    “Start”
    icon.

b. Select ‘Device manager’.

c. Expand ‘Camera”, right-click on the adapter and select update ‘update driver software’

step 2: Run the hardware troubleshooter.

To do so, open Control Panel
    > troubleshooting> Hardware and Sound >
    Hardware and Devices

follow the instructions.

I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

AmritaBhattacharjee1709, Jun 16, 2020
  3. camera not working

If you have the camera connected to the computer, I would suggest that you disconnect the camera and then try to open the Camera app.

If the camera app opens, follow the steps below:

• Press “Windows key + C” from your keyboard to open “Charms bar”.
    • Select “Settings” option.
    • Select “Permissions” option.
    • Turn on “Allow this app to access your: Webcam and Microphone” option.
    • Lose the app by pressing “Alt key + F4” from your keyboard.
    • Reopen the Camera app.
    • Connect your camera and then check how this app works.
    Goodluck!

Gina_on_the_thread, Jun 16, 2020
  4. ScottoG51 Win User

connecting camera

Lumix GX7 Camera Wont Connect via WiFi?

Hello Steve, I don't have the PC connection problem you did, but I am failing at the final step - transferring photo files into a shared folder so I would appreciate the benefit of your success.
    When I select 'Pictures' from the list of shared folders, the transfer appears to succeed, but I can't see where the files have gone to. If I create my own folder and make it 'shared' (not sure I'm doing that step correctly), the transfer is attempted but never starts and after a few seconds fails (with the message 'Connection failed'. What shared folder do you use and what do the contents look like after the transfer?
    Many thanks, Scott

ScottoG51, Jun 16, 2020
Thema:

connecting camera

1. connecting camera - Similar Threads - connecting camera

2. my camera does not work when I connect to a webex meeting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my camera does not work when I connect to a webex meeting: My camera on my Lenovo laptop with Windows 11 does not work when I try to connect with a webex meeting. the camera settings seem fine, but the video icon on the meeting site does not open....
  3. my camera does not work when I connect to a webex meeting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my camera does not work when I connect to a webex meeting: My camera on my Lenovo laptop with Windows 11 does not work when I try to connect with a webex meeting. the camera settings seem fine, but the video icon on the meeting site does not open....
  4. How do I connect a remote camera to my laptop via WiFi from a WiFi router?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I connect a remote camera to my laptop via WiFi from a WiFi router?: The camera is a Microsoft Lifecam HD-3000 USB plugThe OS is Windows 10 pro v22H2The router is a Asus RT-N12The camera works fine via USB to laptopCurrently the router is connected to internet via POE injector to a wifi radio mounted outside on top of a stick and the laptop...
  5. How do I connect a remote camera to my laptop via WiFi from a WiFi router?

How do I connect a remote camera to my laptop via WiFi from a WiFi router?: The camera is a Microsoft Lifecam HD-3000 USB plugThe OS is Windows 10 pro v22H2The router is a Asus RT-N12The camera works fine via USB to laptopCurrently the router is connected to internet via POE injector to a wifi radio mounted outside on top of a stick and the laptop...
  6. How do I connect a remote camera to my laptop via WiFi from a WiFi router?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. camera and usb connection problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    camera and usb connection problems: i have a canon powershot s330 camera and it is saying it is a retired camera on canon website is there way i can just make it pop up on my usb devices to get to my photos on it i went into properties and is giveing me a code 28 i am on windows 11...
  8. camera and usb connection problems

camera and usb connection problems: i have a canon powershot s330 camera and it is saying it is a retired camera on canon website is there way i can just make it pop up on my usb devices to get to my photos on it i went into properties and is giveing me a code 28 i am on windows 11...
  9. how to connect my tablets camera

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to connect my tablets camera: I cant connect my tablet camera can you help me please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-connect-my-tablets-camera/6f97f05d-0074-49df-a531-a328ba762905
  10. how to connect my tablets camera

how to connect my tablets camera: I cant connect my tablet camera can you help me please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-connect-my-tablets-camera/6f97f05d-0074-49df-a531-a328ba762905