Windows 10: Connecting Computers on a Network (one computer cannot see the others)

Discus and support Connecting Computers on a Network (one computer cannot see the others) in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, We have 5 computers in a Network that we use to create CAD files for our laser cutter. Previously we had the laser cutting computer (which I'll... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by KMCA INC, Jan 15, 2019.

1. KMCA INC Win User

Connecting Computers on a Network (one computer cannot see the others)

Hello,

We have 5 computers in a Network that we use to create CAD files for our laser cutter. Previously we had the laser cutting computer (which I'll call 'F) linked in so we could wing files back and forth to the laser, but we had to get it repaired. When we connected it back up again, it cant find the correct network.

We also have 2 wireless networks. 'Models - 5' and 'Models' - Both should be visable from 'F' as the modem is in the next room. However it can only see one of them, the other 4 computers are on the other network and can see eachother and share just fine.

When i go to 'manage Wireless Networks' on 'F' The computer can see both Wireless connections and I can change the settings to connect automatically etc, however when i view the available wireless networks, only one appears.

The 4 main computers run Windows 10 and the Laser runs Windows 7. So I am unable to set up a homegroup between them either. I have double checked all the sharing permissions and they should be fine, The WEP password is correct, Im not sure what the problem is.

So if anybody can help me, It would be greatly appreciated.

:)

KMCA INC, Jan 15, 2019
  2. topgundcp Win User

Connecting computer with no internet connection to network printer

@dk1971
    1. Open Admin command and type: ipconfig

Connecting Computers on a Network (one computer cannot see the others) [​IMG]
    2. Win+X->Control Panel->Netwok and Sharing Center
      Follow the screen shot. This should disable internet access from this PC but allows access to local device(s)
      NOTE: Use the IP & Subnet Mask from step 1. Leave Default gateway & DNS Server blank

Connecting Computers on a Network (one computer cannot see the others) [​IMG]

topgundcp, Jan 15, 2019
  3. taward Win User
    One computer cannot access other network computers.

So I've tried every troubleshooting step I know:
    • Double checked that Net Bios was enabled
    • Ran a bunch of network commands:
      • flushed DNS
      • registered dns
      • pinged and located the named computers successfully
    • Reset my router to factory settings

Nothing works when I try to access via explorer. I'm still baffled by the fact that every other computer can access each other AND access this computer. It's just the outgoing connection from this machine that doesn't work.

Any thoughts?

taward, Jan 15, 2019
  4. Yolvi Ell Win User

Unable to browse network computers.

We suggest creating a new administrator user account by following the steps
    here
    . Make sure to use the same network settings that you used for your other computers, then check if you can connect to the home network. Since you also mentioned that Windows 10 was freshly installed on this particular computer, have you already downloaded
    the latest updates? The latest build for Version 1607 is 14393.1715, and 15063.608 for Version 1703. You can check the build version of your computer by following these steps:

• Click Start.
    • Type winver and press Enter.

If you don't have the latest updates, you can follow these steps to install them:

• Click Start.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Click Update & security.
    • Click Check for updates.

If that doesn't work, we'd like screenshots of the network and file sharing settings of the computer that doesn't work, and the settings of one of your other computers that can connect and share files properly on the home network.

Yolvi Ell, Jan 15, 2019
Thema:

1. Connecting Computers on a Network (one computer cannot see the others) - Similar Threads - Connecting Computers Network

2. Computer cannot connect to other computers on network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer cannot connect to other computers on network: We have three identical workstations Windows 11, all set to private network, network sharing enabled, credential manager set up with correct passwords, folder shared with everyone, etc. Everything worked fine, meaning all computers could see and connect to each other. Then...
  3. Computer cannot connect to other computers on network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer cannot connect to other computers on network: We have three identical workstations Windows 11, all set to private network, network sharing enabled, credential manager set up with correct passwords, folder shared with everyone, etc. Everything worked fine, meaning all computers could see and connect to each other. Then...
  4. You see the other network computers but cannot connect to them

in Windows 10 Gaming
    You see the other network computers but cannot connect to them: Hi All,Since I spent a great deal of time finding a solution, I am sharing what solved my issues. I could see my network shares but unable to connect them in Windows 10. Tried many things including network sharing and the useless network troubleshooter. What helped was...
  5. You see the other network computers but cannot connect to them

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    You see the other network computers but cannot connect to them: Hi All,Since I spent a great deal of time finding a solution, I am sharing what solved my issues. I could see my network shares but unable to connect them in Windows 10. Tried many things including network sharing and the useless network troubleshooter. What helped was...
  6. You see the other network computers but cannot connect to them

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Laptop Cannot See Other Computers in Network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop Cannot See Other Computers in Network: Hello, my laptop cannot find other computers in the network, even though the other computers can find my laptop. A few weeks ago it was working correctly, but I had to be away for a few weeks. Now that I have returned, it seems as though the feature is not working correctly....
  8. one computer can't see other computer on network

one computer can't see other computer on network: I have 2 computers Computer A & Computer B on Windows 10 that used to see each other on their Networks. I updated some drivers and cleaned the registry using CCCleaner on Computer A and lost all connection between both computers. I have managed to get Computer B seeing itself...
  9. Cannot see other computers on private network

Cannot see other computers on private network: I am trying to set up my home network so I can access my other computers' files from one computer. I currently have 2 computers. Computer A Main and Computer B Secondary both on Private network. Computer B is able to see all of the shared folders Computer A has set AND...
  10. One computer cannot access other network computers.

One computer cannot access other network computers.: I have three windows 10 PCs and one NAS on my network. One PC (Lenovo 220X) and the NAS are hardwired. The other two are wireless (Surface Pro 1 and Surface pro 4) The surface pro 4 can see but not access either of the two other PCs. The other PCs can see and access each...