Windows 10: Connecting controller to pc

Discus and support Connecting controller to pc in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi ive been trying to connect my controller to my pc, I have watched a lot of videos including DS4windows. When I plug in my controller it does make a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by jarneanthonis, Dec 24, 2020.

1. Connecting controller to pc

Hi ive been trying to connect my controller to my pc, I have watched a lot of videos including DS4windows. When I plug in my controller it does make a sounds but then the light of the controller turns off again.

I just bought the controller today so that shouldnt be the issue. When I go to my control panel the device shows up as Wireless controler but in the category ‘unknown’

i was really looking forward to play some games, so I hope i can still fix it!

:)

jarneanthonis, Dec 24, 2020
  2. Mala_S Win User

Can’t connect Xbox one controller to pc

Hello SubieTY,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Initially, we need to pair the device to show up in the list while connected through Bluetooth. Check with the below mentioned steps and see if it works.

Hope it helps.

Mala S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Mala_S, Dec 24, 2020
  3. Controller Connecting to PC issues!

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

Please provide more information to help you better:

• Are you referring to Xbox controller?

• Do you get any error message while connecting the controller to the PC?

• What is the make and model of the Controller?

I suggest you to run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter
    and check.

Follow the steps to run the troubleshooter:

1. Type "Troubleshooting"
    in the Search box from the desktop and click "Troubleshooting".

2. Click on "View all" from the left pane and select "Hardware and Devices".

3. Click on “Advanced” and then click on “Run as Administrator”.

4. Click “Next” and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.

if you are using an Xbox controller,I suggest you to follow the article below
    and check f it helps:

Set up your Xbox 360 controller for Windows:

Xbox Support

Hope this will help you. Keep us posted with the status of the issue to assist you further.

Thank you.

Anju Thekkethil, Dec 24, 2020
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

Connecting controller to pc

Xbox Controller is not connecting to Wireless Adapter

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I appreciate your time and patience to work on this issue. To have a better clarity on the issue please reply to the following questions:

• Are you using an Xbox one controller?

If you are using an Xbox one controller, I suggest you to refer the steps in the article

How to connect an Xbox One Wireless Controller to a Windows PC
    and see if that helps in resolving the issue.

I would also suggest you to uninstall all the hidden devices under USB hive and check if you are able to connect the wireless adapter. Please follow the steps mentioned below to uninstall the hidden drivers:

1. Press and hold the Windows + X key on the keyboard.
    2. Select Device manager.
    3. Click View tab.
    4. Select Show hidden devices.
    5. Expand Universal Serial Bus and remove all the greyed out devices. To remove the greyed out devices, right click on the device and select
      uninstall.
    6. Restart your computer.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Dec 24, 2020
Thema:

Connecting controller to pc

1. Connecting controller to pc - Similar Threads - Connecting controller

2. How do I connect my controller to my PC?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I connect my controller to my PC?: My xbox one controller will no longer connect to my pc using a usb cable and I can't access the xbox peripheral in device manager due to no model appearing...
  3. How do I connect my controller to my PC?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I connect my controller to my PC?: My xbox one controller will no longer connect to my pc using a usb cable and I can't access the xbox peripheral in device manager due to no model appearing...
  4. How do I connect my controller to my PC?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. on steamvr my bluetooth controllers connect just fine but in the settings app i cant even...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    on steamvr my bluetooth controllers connect just fine but in the settings app i cant even...: when i try to connect bluetooth devices it dosnt work. but on an app like steamvr the controllers connect just fine. i wonder if the vr box has a bluetooth thing in it. i basically need bluetooth cause my xbox controller wont connect on cable. please help!...
  6. on steamvr my bluetooth controllers connect just fine but in the settings app i cant even...

on steamvr my bluetooth controllers connect just fine but in the settings app i cant even...: when i try to connect bluetooth devices it dosnt work. but on an app like steamvr the controllers connect just fine. i wonder if the vr box has a bluetooth thing in it. i basically need bluetooth cause my xbox controller wont connect on cable. please help!...
  7. Windows 10 Controlling connection to Microsoft problem.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Controlling connection to Microsoft problem.: I tried downloading a older version og Windows 10, because it dident work with a newer version. And it worked with a older version. But now om Stuck with Connection to Microsoft.. have Been waiting for hours and it just loading. I checked MY router and internet cable and it...
  8. Why can't I connect my PS4 control to my PC by usb?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can't I connect my PS4 control to my PC by usb?: I used DS4 to connect wired my controller to my PC was windows 10 and now is windows 11 because it's a good program to use. Now in windows 11 it doesn't want to connect for some reason....
  9. Why can't I connect my PS4 control to my PC by usb?

Why can't I connect my PS4 control to my PC by usb?: I used DS4 to connect wired my controller to my PC was windows 10 and now is windows 11 because it's a good program to use. Now in windows 11 it doesn't want to connect for some reason....
  10. everytime i connect my xbox controller my pc blue screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    everytime i connect my xbox controller my pc blue screen: so i made a somewhat rant about windows not informing me that a ''update'' would change my windows from 10 to 11 but when it did it ruined allot of files bluetooth didnt work and other thing but i finnally got bluetooth to work now but when i connect my xbox controller to my...