Windows 10: CONNECTING DEVICES TO MY LAPTOP??

Discus and support CONNECTING DEVICES TO MY LAPTOP?? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello...… When I recently purchased my £800 laptop I was told that if I plugged any device (eg, phone or camera etc, etc) into my laptop the new... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by patmack65, Apr 7, 2019.

1. patmack65 Win User

CONNECTING DEVICES TO MY LAPTOP??

Hello...… When I recently purchased my £800 laptop I was told that if I plugged any device (eg, phone or camera etc, etc) into my laptop the new Windows 10 operating system would detect that a device has been plugged into the laptop and that information would appear on my screen with information relating to installing the software etc, etc.. necessary to be able to use the device???? THIS IS NOT THE CASE AND I AM VERY VERY ANGRY...….. I have tried all sorts of devices ie, my canon digital camera, my nokia mobile phone and my son's Samsung Android telephone and ABSOLUTELY NOTHING WHATSOEVER HAPPENS...…… SHOULD I TAKE MY LAPTOP BACK TO THE PLACE WHERE I PURCHASED IT OR AM I DOING SOMETHING WRONG??????? fOR A START I WOULD REALLY LIKE TO MOVE ALL THE PHOTOS FROM MY cANON DIGITAL CAMERA TO MY LAPTOP ETC,ETC,ETC

:)

patmack65, Apr 7, 2019
  2. Marie Ave Win User

I could not able to connect any Andriod device to my laptop

Hi Karhtik,

The challenge that you experience when trying to connect your mobile phone to your laptop is due to a possible outdated drivers. For us to better assist you with your concern, we'd like to know the following details:

• Which version of Windows 10 are you currently running? To see which version of Windows 10 is installed on your PC, click on the Start button and then select Settings.
      In Settings, select System > About.
    • Were there any changes made on your laptop prior to the issue?

For initial troubleshooting, we suggest that you run the Hardware and Device troubleshooter.

• To do this, type in the search bar on the task bar Troubleshooter
      and hit Enter.
    • Click on Hardware and Sound, then under Device
      > Hardware and Devices. Note that you may be ask to enter your admin username and password to start the process.

If there were no errors found or any issues to fix by the troubleshooter, we suggest that you update the driver.

• Right-click on Start button then select Device Manager.
    • Go to Other Devices then select MTP. Right-click on the device then click on
      Properties.
    • Click on the Driver tab then click on Update Driver.

If the issue still persist after performing the steps above, we suggest that you follow the troubleshooting methods below:

Method 1: Uninstall the driver and then restart your laptop.

• Right-click on the parent device, then select Uninstall device. To restart your laptop, select the
      Start button > Power > Restart.

Before your laptop restarts, you might temporarily lose the connection to other devices. For example, you might temporarily lose the connection to other USB devices.

After your laptop restarts, Windows will automatically install the default driver.

Method 2: Download an updated driver from the laptop's manufacturers' website, and then install it manually.

• Right-click the parent device, then select Update driver >
      Browse my computer for driver software
      and then find the driver you downloaded on your laptop.

You can also check other troubleshooting steps provided by Iheanyi in this
    thread.

Update us with the results and let us know if you need further assistance.

Marie Ave, Apr 7, 2019
  3. My laptop is not showing other devices or unknown devices

Hi,

My name is Angel. I am an Independent Advisor. Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Some devices might be listed under hidden devices in Device Manager, I suggest you to open Device Manager then click on View option and click on Show hidden devices. Once it is done, check whether you can find the device.

As an initial step of troubleshooting, I suggest you to try connecting the device with other USB ports and check if it is detected (If you are connecting through USB).

Also, try updating the USB drivers and check if it helps. Follow the below steps.

-Open Device Manager.

-Find and expand Universal Serial Bus controllers.

-Right-click on each driver listed and click on Update Driver Software

-Restart the system after updating the drivers.

-Try connecting the device and check if the issue still persists.

Hope the information provided is useful. If the issue persists, reply here and we will be glad to help you.

Angel.

AngelCarreno, Apr 7, 2019
  4. CONNECTING DEVICES TO MY LAPTOP??

How to setup wifi direct settings and connect devices with windows 10 laptop and other mobile phones.

Thanks for getting back, Dee. Since only the mobile devices connected via Wi-Fi Direct following the steps above, then I suggest that you try adding your mobile device on your laptop. Follow these steps:

1. Navigate to Settings > Devices > Bluetooth & other devices.
    2. Click Add Bluetooth or other device.
    3. Under Add a device, select Everything else.
    4. Once your mobile phone appears, select it.
    5. Click Done when finished.

If you have additional questions, or if the issue persists after the troubleshooting steps above, please let me know by replying to this thread. This way, I'll get notified and respond back to you as soon as I can.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Apr 7, 2019
Thema:

CONNECTING DEVICES TO MY LAPTOP??

1. CONNECTING DEVICES TO MY LAPTOP?? - Similar Threads - CONNECTING DEVICES LAPTOP

2. My laptop is not able to connect with ANY bluetooth device.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop is not able to connect with ANY bluetooth device.: My laptop is not able to connect with ANY bluetooth device. It is able to find and pair with them, but when I try to connect it, it says "That didn't work. Make sure your bluetooth device is still discoverable and then try again." What should I do?? Please help... I tried 2...
  3. my laptop wont connect to internet but other devices will

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my laptop wont connect to internet but other devices will: My laptop wont connect to the internet. I know my wifi is working fine because it connect to my other devices. I dont know what to do. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-wont-connect-to-internet-but-other/3209f471-229b-4fc4-9913-9e2525ae0daf
  4. my laptop wont connect to internet but other devices will

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my laptop wont connect to internet but other devices will: My laptop wont connect to the internet. I know my wifi is working fine because it connect to my other devices. I dont know what to do. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-wont-connect-to-internet-but-other/3209f471-229b-4fc4-9913-9e2525ae0daf
  5. My Laptop keep connected and disconnected to the bluetooth device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Laptop keep connected and disconnected to the bluetooth device: Hello, I need some helpsDoes anyone ever have their laptop keep connected and disconnected to the bluetooth speakers?I am facing such problems and it keep repeating!* Moved from Community Center...
  6. My Laptop keep connected and disconnected to the bluetooth device

My Laptop keep connected and disconnected to the bluetooth device: Hello, I need some helpsDoes anyone ever have their laptop keep connected and disconnected to the bluetooth speakers?I am facing such problems and it keep repeating!* Moved from Community Center...
  7. Connecting bluetooth device to laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Connecting bluetooth device to laptop: I am trying to connect my phone and tablet both samsung to my laptop via bluetooth so that I can create a PAN network to work on shared files.But when I try to connect to both devices, they pair but won't connect. When I press my laptop's name on the phone/tablet it says...
  8. Connecting bluetooth device to laptop

Connecting bluetooth device to laptop: I am trying to connect my phone and tablet both samsung to my laptop via bluetooth so that I can create a PAN network to work on shared files.But when I try to connect to both devices, they pair but won't connect. When I press my laptop's name on the phone/tablet it says...
  9. Laptop Bluetooth not connecting to my devices

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop Bluetooth not connecting to my devices: Split from this thread. hi sir my laptop bluetooth is not cannect to my devices * OS not specified. Assumed to be Windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-bluetooth-not-connecting-to-my-devices/deedf154-5877-405f-8512-b819e2904209
  10. I found a device with my laptops name connected to my laptop.

in Windows 10 Customization
    I found a device with my laptops name connected to my laptop.: I was checking if my mouse was connected correctly so i went into the control panel and went into devices and printers and i found a device with the same name as my laptop connected. I want to know why this is happening....