Windows 10: Connecting devices with MS account

Discus and support Connecting devices with MS account in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I am trying to download an app from the MS store, but it says I do not have any applicable device linked to my MS account. I have had this laptop with... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by ThomasArn1, Apr 5, 2020.

1. Connecting devices with MS account

I am trying to download an app from the MS store, but it says I do not have any applicable device linked to my MS account. I have had this laptop with MS Windows 10 for two years. How do I connect it to my account?

:)

ThomasArn1, Apr 5, 2020
  2. Win7ine Win User

MS Account DEVICES

Has anyone else noticed that since updating to 18363.628 (most probably just coicidence and not webbrowser but server related) all Devices listed under the MS account have become "un-"manageable ... Sign in to your Microsoft account
    i.e. when clicking on "Manage >" for any listed devices in the Overview nothing happens ....

Win7ine, Apr 5, 2020
  3. RK1997 Win User
    MS Account DEVICES

I can still do that.

RK1997, Apr 5, 2020
  4. lx07 Win User

Connecting devices with MS account

Odd change in MS account list of devices

Interesting. You are correct - they did say VMware version xxx but now they do not.

For me, VirtualBox (red) is still described as "VirtualBox". VMware (green) and Hyper-V (yellow) both say the generic "Virtual Machine"

Connecting devices with MS account [​IMG]

It is definitely retained anyway. My Hyper-V VMs (Yellow above) are local accounts as they are for playing with insider builds. I always clean install and they always activate.

I also have more (old unused but activated) VMs that that are linked to this MS account and don't appear. I think the website shows recently connected VMs but isn't really tied to activation or license. It would be hard to test that though but I'll resurrect an old one and see.

lx07, Apr 5, 2020
Thema:

Connecting devices with MS account

1. Connecting devices with MS account - Similar Threads - Connecting devices account

2. Connection to MS account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Connection to MS account: Good morning, the connection with my Microsoft account is no longer made: the error in Microsoft Store, office 2016 and in windows 10 is the same: too many tries with this product. Please note that I have no issues on the websites : i'm connected here with the account I...
  3. Connected Devices with Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Connected Devices with Microsoft Account: When I click settings > Phone > manage connected devices I get my Phone Galaxy C9 Pro and three Desktops. But I have only one connected desktop. Where do the other ones come from? Which one my genuine Windows Desktop? How do I find it out and rename the same so that I can...
  4. Unauthorized account and connected device

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unauthorized account and connected device: I just discovered while troubleshooting computer problems today that a Microsoft account was created for *** Email address is removed for privacy *** and one (or all) of my devices are connected to this account. I changed the password for the account, logged in, set up two...
  5. Remove Device from MS account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Remove Device from MS account: Disregard/Delete this post - pilot error. 117484
  6. Remove Device from MS account

in Windows 10 Support
    Remove Device from MS account: I'd like to remove the 2 devices shown below from my MS account. According to Brink's tutorial, click on More Actions and get the Remove PC option. In my account the More Actions isn't "clickable". Any other options? ALSO - how do I delete the device from My Computers?...
  7. Adding devices to my MS Account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Adding devices to my MS Account: I subscribed to Office on one pc; how can I add another pc on the same account? The only selection is add a Local Account, which was denied....
  8. Connect my MS account or use Local account..?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Connect my MS account or use Local account..?: Another compelling reason to use an MS account is that your digital licence gets linked to your hardware id, making it easier to reactivate in even pc fails to activate due to a hardware change/issue.
  9. Devices list under MS account

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Devices list under MS account: Hello I have a desktop PC plus an XBOX one. Both signed into my MS account. Until today (well that's when I first noticed) both the PC and the XBOX one are listed under 'My Devices' when I login to the account.microsoft.com However now the XBOX one listing is missing....
  10. W10 connections FROM and TO Ms accounts (Mix of LOCAL and MS accounts)

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    W10 connections FROM and TO Ms accounts (Mix of LOCAL and MS accounts): Hi there Using SIMPLE / standard File sharing connections and all computers in the LAN on the same network name e.g WORKGROUP. confusion seems rife over what user names to use when connecting to SHARES TO or FROM a machine logged on with an MS account from a machine...