Windows 10: connecting dvd-player with windows laptop

Discus and support connecting dvd-player with windows laptop in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My new laptop doesn't have a dvd-player like all the new laptopts. So I wanted to connect my DVD-player to it Nikkei with a HDMI cable. The laptop does... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MarcelBolten, Aug 2, 2020.

1. connecting dvd-player with windows laptop

My new laptop doesn't have a dvd-player like all the new laptopts. So I wanted to connect my DVD-player to it Nikkei with a HDMI cable. The laptop does not detect the connection. Is there a way to connect the dvd-player with my laptop so I can watch dvds?

:)

MarcelBolten, Aug 2, 2020

2. connecting an external CD and DVD player to a PC

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

The things you need to have is: Audio and video cables, Sound- and video-capture drivers compatible with the laptop.

How to Connect a DVD Player to a Laptop

• Download and install DVD player software compatible with Windows laptops.
    • Connect a DVD player to an older laptop by installing a PC memory card with a connection port or a video-capture card with USB. Video cards with a USB cable merely plug into the USB port on a laptop (no special wiring or programming is required).
    • Improve audio and video quality by connecting an older laptop to an external DVD-ROM drive via a USB port on the computer as an alternative to connecting a full-size DVD player. External DVD drives are almost universally plug-and-play, meaning the drive
      only needs to be connected to the laptop to start working automatically.
    Hope the information is helpful.

SujataMoktan, Aug 2, 2020
  3. windows dvd player in my HP laptop (windowas 10) has stopped working

I did Method 1 followed by Method 2. In Method 2 & step 2, I uninstalled the DVD player app.

However, now the Windows store wants me to pay $14.99 for the Windows 10 version of the DVD player app.

HELP! .... I'm now without the Windows 10 DVD player app and I have no intention of paying $14.99 for something that I was told to delete by Microsoft Help.

********************************************************************************************

Method 2.

I suggest you to uninstall/reinstall the DVD player app and check if this helps.

• Go to settings and click on System.

• Click on App & features, locate for the DVD player app, click on it and uninstall it.
    Note: You can install it back again from Windows store.

********************************************************************************************

MichaelAnas, Aug 2, 2020
  4. connecting dvd-player with windows laptop

DVD player

Hi Richard,

Thank you for using Windows 10.

Your title suggests issue with DVD Player and body of the message you've mentioned about Media Player. I would require more information to assist you better:

• What is the exact issue are you facing?
    • Are you facing issue with Media Player or DVD Player?
    I would like to inform you that Media player is in-built and it should present in Windows 10. If you're facing issue with DVD Player, I would suggest you to go through the following link and see if that helps:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows/dvd-playback-help

Hope it helps. Let us know if you need more information and we'll be glad to assist you.

Navneet Anand, Aug 2, 2020
Thema:

connecting dvd-player with windows laptop

1. connecting dvd-player with windows laptop - Similar Threads - connecting dvd player

2. transfer DVD based application to laptop with no DVD player

in Windows 10 Gaming
    transfer DVD based application to laptop with no DVD player: I have Quicken 2012 and just upgraded to a laptop with no DVD drive and using Win11. How can I transfer the Quicken application to the new laptop? I know how to migrate data. I need to know how to transfer the application. thanks!...
  3. transfer DVD based application to laptop with no DVD player

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    transfer DVD based application to laptop with no DVD player: I have Quicken 2012 and just upgraded to a laptop with no DVD drive and using Win11. How can I transfer the Quicken application to the new laptop? I know how to migrate data. I need to know how to transfer the application. thanks!...
  4. Windows dvd player

Windows dvd player: A few days ago I bought Windows DVD Player. On my back statement, it shows: recurring payment? What does this mean? I paid for it, am I going to get charged again for this product that I have already paid for? If so, why?...
  5. Windows DVD Player

Windows DVD Player: I purchased Windows DVD player app for windows 10. It does not appear as a tile box and does not appear in the Start menu list does not autoplay and start when i insert a dvd...
  6. laptop dvd player

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    laptop dvd player: All im tring to do is play a dvd on my laptop disc player can u help me figure it out any0ne pleas.e Ty https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-dvd-player/90f822a0-ef82-4dc0-9dbb-36f6564d16a6
  7. connect external dvd player windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    connect external dvd player windows 10: I recently bought an external cd/dvd drive. When it came, the laptop could see the drive, but the tray would not open, after contacting the seller I sent it back as faulty. I have just bought another one. The tray opens and I can hear it reading the disc ok, but the...
  8. DVD region on media player with DVD driver and windows DVD player

DVD region on media player with DVD driver and windows DVD player: Can I change the region for DVD player in windows media player if I have DVD drive with windows dvd player installed? thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dvd-region-on-media-player-with-dvd-driver-and/cd23d83c-3505-402a-86bb-4eaf15c8f3cd
  9. windows DVD player

windows DVD player: I have bought this app in the App Store but all that appears on my screen is an unhelpful message saying that "We're attempting" to download it but with no explanation of why it is failing to download. If it won't download, how o I get my money back?...
  10. Windows DVD Player

Windows DVD Player: I was running Windows 7 and did the free upgrade to Windows 10. I know that W10 does not have Windows Media Center, which is being replaced with Windows DVD Player. Windows DVD Player is an add on App for a fee. If you upgrade, Microsoft will give you a free copy of...