Windows 10: Connecting External hard drive

Discus and support Connecting External hard drive in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; How do I connect an external hard drive, with data files... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by BrianKernowMan, Feb 13, 2019.

1. Connecting External hard drive

How do I connect an external hard drive, with data files

:)

BrianKernowMan, Feb 13, 2019
  2. Remon Ont Win User

External Hard Drive

Hi John,

We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps below:

• Open your External Hard Drive file in File Explorer.
    • Type the name of the file you want to search on the search box and click Enter.
    The file will show up in Search Results and you will be able to move it to the correct folder.

Let us know if you need further help.

Remon Ont, Feb 13, 2019
  3. twynog Win User
    External hard drive not recognised

Thanks for this. I've done what you suggested and been through all the steps mentioned in the article. The hard drive works fine on a Mac computer, and I've managed to copy the information on it. It must be a Surface issue so I'll try to get a chat line tomorrow.

twynog, Feb 13, 2019
  4. Connecting External hard drive

External Hard Drive

To address your concern, here are the troubleshooting steps that you can try. Follow the steps below:

Uninstall and reinstall the external hard drive program.

• In the Settings app, go to System.
    • Go to Apps & features and locate the external hard drive program.
    • Uninstall the program and go to the manufacturer's website to reinstall the updated version.
    Uninstall and reinstall the Paragon driver software.

• Following the same steps mentioned above, locate the software in Apps & features
      and uninstall it.
    • After uninstalling the software, go to the manufacturer's website to reinstall it.
    To further isolate your concern, we'd also like to verify if the OneDrive app is enabled on your PC.

You can hit us back for additional help.

Kind regards.

Jennifer Cha, Feb 13, 2019
Thema:

Connecting External hard drive

1. Connecting External hard drive - Similar Threads - Connecting External hard

2. Can't Connect External Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't Connect External Hard Drive: Hello.I am struggling to access a WD My Passport and I suspect something is wrong with my Windows fundamentally, and I wish to reset Windows, however I would like to backup my files to an external hard drive, but have so far been unsuccessful in doing so.When I plug in the My...
  3. Can't Connect External Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't Connect External Hard Drive: Hello.I am struggling to access a WD My Passport and I suspect something is wrong with my Windows fundamentally, and I wish to reset Windows, however I would like to backup my files to an external hard drive, but have so far been unsuccessful in doing so.When I plug in the My...
  4. Connecting External Hard Drive to Network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Connecting External Hard Drive to Network: I would like to have an external hard drivecontinuously connected to my home network. My router does not have a USB port and I do not have any PC that is connected 100% of the time to the home network. my PCs are running Win 11 Home editionIs there a hardware device I should...
  5. Connecting External Hard Drive to Network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Connecting External Hard Drive to Network: I would like to have an external hard drivecontinuously connected to my home network. My router does not have a USB port and I do not have any PC that is connected 100% of the time to the home network. my PCs are running Win 11 Home editionIs there a hardware device I should...
  6. external hard drive connected by usb

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    external hard drive connected by usb: How do I get windows file explorer to recognize a 500 giga bite hard drive connected by USB https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-hard-drive-connected-by-usb/57ede349-6ed9-4cb0-bf8d-d9d999cf1157
  7. Trouble Connecting External Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Trouble Connecting External Hard Drive: Hi there. I'm trying to connect a Seagate External Hard Drive to my PC but am having some issues. Hard Drive: https://amazon.com/gp/product/B07CQJBSQL/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 The Drive seems to start up when I plug in the USB cable but I can't...
  8. external hard drive is connecting and the disconnecting.

external hard drive is connecting and the disconnecting.: I have a Seagate 5 TB external hard drive. I've had it for years. We have had it hooked up to our xbox. Today we turned on the xbox and it wasn't registering that the external hard drive was connected. So I hooked the external hard drive up to my Alienware laptop. It does not...
  9. connecting up to an external hard drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    connecting up to an external hard drive: I have an Acer Aspire and I want to connect up to an external hard drive but this computer dose not recognize the usb plug in. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/connecting-up-to-an-external-hard-drive/0d249a3d-70be-45d8-beb3-354c0b1a564c
  10. connecting external hard drives to laptop

connecting external hard drives to laptop: is it possible to connect three external hard drives thru one usb socket and if it is, what connector do I need 50269