Windows 10: Connecting External Monitor, No Screen and Sound on Windows 10?

Discus and support Connecting External Monitor, No Screen and Sound on Windows 10? in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; I bought a new dell laptop that uses windows 10. My previous laptops and desktops are windows 7. My dell laptop has 1920x1080 resolution. The thing is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by paulyjustin, Oct 5, 2016.

1. Connecting External Monitor, No Screen and Sound on Windows 10?

I bought a new dell laptop that uses windows 10. My previous laptops and desktops are windows 7. My dell laptop has 1920x1080 resolution. The thing is i always connect to an external monitor and use 1920x1200 resolution.

First off, i want to use my 24' monitor as my main monitor and the laptop monitor as the other monitor. I also have the laptop on the left side on my desktop. Thus any dragging i do from my external monitor, i want to drag it to the left side. Im having issues with even having my laptop monitor screen show up. I believe its extend both monitors right? When i did this, there was an issue with it. At the moment, im using main monitor only. I recalled this has to do with dragging the 1 and 2 boxes etc?

The other thing is there is no sound at all. On windows 7, i can fix this easily... not on windows 10. How do i fix this? Im guessing no sound because its using my my laptop at the moment?

The last issue is the screen solution. I want to use 1920 x 1200 resolution on my external monitor which acts as my main monitor. The issue was when i first connected my external monitor, the items were very tiny. I went to whatismyscreenresolution and it showed something like 2500x1400 resolution. However now it shows 1920x1200 resolution which is what i want. Why did it suddenly change to this? Also where is the option to change 1920x1200 to say 1920x1080 if i like on external? Could this monitor use 2500x1400 resolution if i wanted to?

:)

paulyjustin, Oct 5, 2016
  2. BernieJ1 Win User

After Windows 10 upgrade external monitor does not initialize.

Unfortunately, after following the instructions, there is no change. I continue to get a popping sound as the video adapter connects to the external monitor, the notebook screen goes dark, then pops. the external monitor then goes dark. If I turn the
    external monitor off, the notebook screen remains dark.

If I close the notebook, and turn it on with the lid. The notebook screen should not turn on. The external screen shows the boot screen and Windows 10 begins to boot. As soon as the blue window logo goes dark, the popping back and forth begins.

Bernie

BernieJ1, Oct 5, 2016
  3. thanok Win User
    Start up sound in Windows 10.

Original Title: external monitor / lockscreen sound / display port / plug unplug sound

Hi everybody,

I have a problem with my Laptop.

I connected an external monitor via display port to it.

Whenever my Windows is locked ( lock screen ) every 20 seconds the reconnect sound is played.

The same sound as unplugging the monitor.

Can anybody help me with this ?

Thanks for your help

Laptop: Lenovo W530 , with nvidia quadro K2000M

Monitor: Asus VS247H

Display port to HDMI cable.

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

thanok, Oct 5, 2016
  4. Connecting External Monitor, No Screen and Sound on Windows 10?

This is very strange. I did extend the display and made my external monitor as the primary display. The issue is i want to move a window to the left to get to my monitor and not the right... that doesnt work. Then i did some trial and error and i have my external as my main display but still have that issue. Now other problem is the desktop icons on the external monitor is not on the left side of my monitor... its all the way on the right.

Can someone tell me how to fix this? So i got this issue along with the no sound issue. But i know i have to fix this issue with the icons going to the top right side of my external as oppose to top left.

paulyjustin, Oct 6, 2016
Thema:

Connecting External Monitor, No Screen and Sound on Windows 10?

1. Connecting External Monitor, No Screen and Sound on Windows 10? - Similar Threads - Connecting External Monitor

2. sound not transferring through hdmi when connected to external monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    sound not transferring through hdmi when connected to external monitor: Sound not transferring through HDMI when connected to external monitor https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sound-not-transferring-through-hdmi-when-connected/356b716d-5e28-4d2b-885a-3711061cbf09
  3. External monitor is not connecting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External monitor is not connecting: I recently bought an external monitor Acer Nitro QG221Q 21.5 Inch for my Lenovo IdeaPad Slim 3. But when I used to connect it to it is blank. What should I do?Any suggestions will be appreciated.Thanks in advance!!...
  4. External monitor is not connecting

External monitor is not connecting: I recently bought an external monitor Acer Nitro QG221Q 21.5 Inch for my Lenovo IdeaPad Slim 3. But when I used to connect it to it is blank. What should I do?Any suggestions will be appreciated.Thanks in advance!!...
  5. Sound problem after connecting external monitor to a laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound problem after connecting external monitor to a laptop: Laptop: Acer Spin 3Monitor: Samsung t55 24 inch curvedThere's no sound from the monitor after connecting it to the laptop using a HDMI cable. I tried troubleshooting and changing the default playback devices, but it didnt work....
  6. Sound problem after connecting external monitor to a laptop

Sound problem after connecting external monitor to a laptop: Laptop: Acer Spin 3Monitor: Samsung t55 24 inch curvedThere's no sound from the monitor after connecting it to the laptop using a HDMI cable. I tried troubleshooting and changing the default playback devices, but it didnt work....
  7. Sound problem after connecting external monitor to a laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. External monitor is not connecting in windows 10

External monitor is not connecting in windows 10: After recent update my laptop is not detecting external monitor https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-monitor-is-not-connecting-in-windows-10/24590d76-c527-4ce4-a25c-38bb72e97a9f
  9. Connect external monitor

in Windows 10 Customization
    Connect external monitor: How can I connect an external monitor to my new laptop with VGA to HDMI cable? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/connect-external-monitor/9e79dcc5-5257-4f83-999a-40af6632e4e6
  10. Connect external monitor

Connect external monitor: Trying to connect external monitor to x1 Carbon Lenovo Ultrabook running windows 10. When I open the Project window and select Extend it reverts back to PC screen only when the project window closes....