Windows 10: Connecting external monitor to laptop via hdmi with almost dead intel gpu

Discus and support Connecting external monitor to laptop via hdmi with almost dead intel gpu in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; My laptop internal gpu intel 630 is almost dead only works on Microsoft basic display driver, if i install the intel drivers artifacts starts appearing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/z4yyy, Dec 15, 2020.

1. /u/z4yyy Win User

Connecting external monitor to laptop via hdmi with almost dead intel gpu

My laptop internal gpu intel 630 is almost dead only works on Microsoft basic display driver, if i install the intel drivers artifacts starts appearing so i was thinking to buy external monitor for around $200 & connect it via hdmi to dedicated gpu but i’m not sure if that will work without installing intel drivers?

submitted by /u/z4yyy
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/z4yyy, Dec 15, 2020
  2. Gman_640 Win User

'No signal' on external monitor when connected to laptop via HDMI

'No signal' on external monitor when connected to laptop via HDMI

Gman_640, Dec 15, 2020
  3. 'No signal' on external monitor when connected to laptop via HDMI

Hi,

I've just updated my laptop from Windows 7 to Windows 10. When I plug my laptop into my LG 4K TV or an external monitor using an HDMI cable there's a "No signal" message on the monitor/TV. Prior to updating to Windows 10 I used to be able to plug it in via HDMI to the TV and it would automatically display correctly.

Here's my laptop details:

Windows version: Windows 10 Home 64 bit, version 1909
    Model of laptop: HP Pavilion dv6 Notebook PC
    Processor: Intel Core i3 CPU, 2.53 Ghz
    Memory: 8GB ram
    Graphics drivers: Intel HD Graphics and AMD Mobility Radeon HD 5000 series

I've tried the following suggestions to no avail. I've tried:

-two different HDMI cables.
    -changing the order in which the cables are plugged into the laptop/TV, as well as after a restart.
    -connecting to an external monitor as well as the TV.
    -updating both the display adapters (both are up to date).
    -rolling back the display adapters.
    -using the windows key + p command to toggle between 'duplicate' and 'extend' screen arrangements
    -using the 'detect' button for multiple displays in the display settings (pressing this does nothing)

I've noticed when it is connected, under both the display settings and the intel graphics control panel, there is only a single display listed (that of the the laptop). There is no second display listed under the 'multiple displays' panel. Also, when I plus the cable into the laptop from the TV, the TV will bring up an 'HDMI 3' selection box (when clicking on it, however, 'no signal' results).

Does anyone have any other ideas how to get the laptop to display on my TV via HDMI?

Thanks very much for the help

- - - Updated - - -

Someone helped me resolve this. For me, the following worked. Uninstall the AMD catalyst software. Download the crimson beta version from here: https://www.amd.com/en/support/graph...radeon-hd-5830. Restart after installation. Then press window key + p and chang it to 'duplicate' and it should display correctly.

johnfeldman, Dec 15, 2020
  4. Dorad Win User

Manage external monitor with GeForce GPU instead of Intel GPU

I bought a new external touch monitor for my laptop.

It works fine (display and touch). However, the image is a bit pixelated. I noticed that Windows is managing both laptop monitor and external monitor with the built-in Intel GPU instead of the GeForce one. I am OK with this configuration for the laptop GPU, as i barely use any graphically heavy operation, and it's better for battery life. However, for the external monitor, i need to compensate the pixelated image, so i want to manage it via GeForce GPU. Also, the laptop is always plugged in to an AC adapter power source while using the external monitor.

Laptop details:

• Brand&Model: Lenovo Yoga 720
    • Built in Intel(R) HD Graphics 630
    • internal GeForce GTX 1050 GPU

Screen details:

• Acer UT241Y
    • Connected via Type-C to Type-C adapter

Connecting external monitor to laptop via hdmi with almost dead intel gpu Qt1Gb.png

Dorad, Dec 15, 2020
Thema:

1. Connecting external monitor to laptop via hdmi with almost dead intel gpu - Similar Threads - Connecting external monitor

2. External monitor connected and detected, but no HDMI signal

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External monitor connected and detected, but no HDMI signal: Hi All,I purchased a Acer Predator Triton 500 model PT515-52 laptop, with an RTX 2070S with Max Q, running Windows 10. I have a Samsung external monitor that I have been using with my other laptop, which is an ASUS Zenbook. As soon as I plug in this laptop, the external...
  3. Envy Laptop with External Monitor HDMI

Envy Laptop with External Monitor HDMI: I've tried to connect my LG external monitor to my new Envy Laptop. I have the laptop and monitor powered up, the HDMI cable is connected between the monitor and the laptop. The monitor displays "No Signal - Please check your connection -HDMI1 input is connected. Click OK...
  4. Monitor not connecting to laptop via HDMI after windows update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Monitor not connecting to laptop via HDMI after windows update: Hi! A few days ago my monitor suddenly wasn't connecting to my laptop anymore via HDMI. I had updated windows the night before and when i woke up the monitor wasn't connected anymore, it just said "no signal". The monitor itself seems to be working good, and the display as...
  5. External Monitor Not Working Via HDMI Cable

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    External Monitor Not Working Via HDMI Cable: Summary: After updating from 1703 to 1809 we are experiencing an issue where the external monitor has stopped working. The end user has an HP Elitebook x360 1030 G2 device connected to an external monitor via HDMI cable. The external monitor was working fine before the...
  6. 'No signal' on external monitor when connected to laptop via HDMI

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    'No signal' on external monitor when connected to laptop via HDMI: Hi, I've just updated my laptop from Windows 7 to Windows 10. When I plug my laptop into my LG 4K TV or an external monitor using an HDMI cable there's a "No signal" message on the monitor/TV. Prior to updating to Windows 10 I used to be able to plug it in via HDMI to the TV...
  7. 'No signal' on external monitor when connected to laptop via HDMI

'No signal' on external monitor when connected to laptop via HDMI: 'No signal' on external monitor when connected to laptop via HDMI Hi, I've just updated my laptop from Windows 7 to Windows 10. When I plug my laptop into my LG 4K TV or an external monitor using an HDMI cable there's a "No signal" message on the monitor/TV. Prior to...
  8. Problems with connecting an external monitor to a laptop with hdmi to vga adapter

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Problems with connecting an external monitor to a laptop with hdmi to vga adapter: I am having a problems with connecting an external monitor to a laptop with a hdmi to vga adapter/converter, the weird thing is that the monitor works normally without any problem when i connect it to my other laptop (HP) or my orange pi one and when i connect my laptop to my...
  9. Can't connect laptop to monitor via HDMI

Can't connect laptop to monitor via HDMI: I've been trying to connect a TV/monitor to my laptop and I've not been successful with Windows 10. I can confirm that this is not a problem with my laptop, the HDMI cable, nor the monitor as it is working without issue on the other side - Xubuntu 18.04. Looking around the...
  10. Almost DEAD Ethernet connection ..

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Almost DEAD Ethernet connection ..: Hello I have two desktop PCs. One is a TV Media Centre PC (good ol' Windows 7) - wired to the Router, the other my working PC (Windows 10) runs on the network using 'Homeplug' type technology. I also have a number of wireless tablet/phone devices in the house. Only very...