Windows 10: Connecting External Monitor with Microsoft 10 Home S Mode

Discus and support Connecting External Monitor with Microsoft 10 Home S Mode in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am unable to connect my HP laptop to an external monitor via the USB-C port. I am able to do so with my Dell with is not using Microsoft 10 Home S... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by anmnleung, Jan 23, 2021.

1. anmnleung Win User

Connecting External Monitor with Microsoft 10 Home S Mode

I am unable to connect my HP laptop to an external monitor via the USB-C port. I am able to do so with my Dell with is not using Microsoft 10 Home S Mode. I've read through the questions previously posted, so I wonder if it's the operating system. Or is there another approach I should be taking? Thanks.

:)

anmnleung, Jan 23, 2021
  2. Rose Cal Win User

external monitors switch off randomly - possibly connected to Skype for Business usage?

Hi Robert,

It is possible that you're experiencing issues with your external monitors due to corrupted or outdated drivers. To assist you better, I'd like to gather more information:

• Are you using the same device when connecting your laptop to your external monitors?
    • Have you tried updating your drivers?

Meanwhile, if not, I suggest that you follow the steps in this article about updating drivers in Windows

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Jan 23, 2021
  3. Windows 10 upgrade: can no longer connect to an external monitor

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing with accessing the external monitor in Windows 10, we will help you with this issue.

As you have tried most of the troubleshooting steps, let us know the following to assist you better:

• What exactly happens when you try to connect to the external display?
    • Were you able to see the light on the external monitor (Tuned on/ not)?
    • Is there any error message with this issue?

Step 1: As this may look very silly, I suggest you to check if the turned on or not, if it is on let us know the color of the light displayed.

Step 2: I suggest you to remove all the external devices except mouse and keyboard and try to perform clean boot to check if there is any issue with the device and to avoid any third party software conflict.

Disclaimer: Putting your system in
    Clean Boot
    state helps in identifying if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue. You need to follow the steps from the article mentioned below to perform a Clean Boot.

How to perform a clean boot in Windows

(Applies to Windows 10 as well)

Note: Refer "How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting" to reset the computer to start as normal after troubleshooting.

Hope it helps. Please perform the above methods and update the status of this issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Jan 23, 2021
  4. Vivian_S Win User

External monitor display settings

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing issues with the display scaling on your external displays. We will certainly look into this for you.

As you are using Vizio TV, you may have to try using custom resolution settings if the in-built settings do not provide the required settings.

For better clarity, please let us know:

• What is the version of Windows 10 that is currently installed on your computer? You can click on Search and type
      winver.
    • Are you aware of any recent changes to the system, such as updates, after which you are facing this issue?
    • What is the make and model of your computer?

Meanwhile, I would suggest you to check the steps mentioned in the Workaround section in

Windows scaling issues for high-DPI devices

I would also suggest you to check the Display drivers. Please refer

Troubleshoot external monitor connections in Windows 10

Set up dual monitors on Windows 10

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Vivian S

Vivian_S, Jan 23, 2021
Thema:

1. Connecting External Monitor with Microsoft 10 Home S Mode - Similar Threads - Connecting External Monitor

2. connecting to external monitor whilst in tablet mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    connecting to external monitor whilst in tablet mode: currently running windows 10 on a envy x360, im trying to connect it to a external monitor while in tablet mode. However when i try to connect while in tablet mode the monitor goes black, is there a work around for this?...
  3. connecting to external monitor whilst in tablet mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    connecting to external monitor whilst in tablet mode: currently running windows 10 on a envy x360, im trying to connect it to a external monitor while in tablet mode. However when i try to connect while in tablet mode the monitor goes black, is there a work around for this?...
  4. Windows 10 Home S mode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Home S mode: Need to disable s-mode on windows 10 home. have tried everything and it does not work. Any advice will be appreciated. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-home-s-mode/56fbdbcc-e09d-44ad-85e2-6228a500d029
  5. Windows 10 Home S mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Home S mode: Need to disable s-mode on windows 10 home. have tried everything and it does not work. Any advice will be appreciated. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-home-s-mode/56fbdbcc-e09d-44ad-85e2-6228a500d029
  6. Connecting external monitor. S-Mode problem?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Connecting external monitor. S-Mode problem?: Hi! I just got this laptop and am using an HMDI cord to connect my laptop to external monitor. I have a Dell inspiron 15 windows 10. It keeps saying it doesn’t detect the monitor but I use it fine with my older laptop. My laptop is also in s-mode..is this a problem?...
  7. Windows 10 home in S mode

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 home in S mode: If I buy a laptop with windows 10 in s mode will it absolutely be free to get it out of s mode. I want to be able to get apps outside the store. The website says that the laptop can be blocked from getting out of s mode. How common is this? submitted by /u/AlexBr967...
  8. Windows 10 Home in S mode external SSD backup

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 Home in S mode external SSD backup: I have just purchased a Surface Go with Windows 10 Home in S mode. Although I rarely download apps, it did not occur to me that the app to run the also newly purchased Samsung SSD T5 could not be downloaded due to Windows being in S mode. My question is: if I get out of...
  9. windows 10 home s mode

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    windows 10 home s mode: Why am I not able to get off of s mode? I have followed every instruction that you have and videos that SHOULD help...I have even asked my tech friend...but nothing is working. This is so frustrating!! I need to download apps and I cannot because of Edge...is there a fix?...
  10. Windows 10 Home in S mode

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 Home in S mode: Hi, I have about 80 laptops i have purchased and it came with the Windows 10 Home in S mode. I want to switch over to the Windows 10 home. I now know how to do it, however; i cannot do this manually for all the 80 systems. Is there a easy way to do this across all devices?...