Windows 10: connecting external speakers to pc

Discus and support connecting external speakers to pc in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Am using: hp slimline desktop 260 a010z windows 10 v. 1809 IE11 & edge browsers. So long ago I don't remember why I connected an hdmi cable from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by klaro 1590, Mar 9, 2019.

1. connecting external speakers to pc

Am using: hp slimline desktop 260 a010z windows 10 v. 1809 IE11 & edge browsers. So long ago I don't remember why I connected an hdmi cable from monitor to tower using the green speaker outlets. Now I wish to try to connect external speakers but am unsure of purpose of hdmi cable that is already plugged in.

I looked at control panel then sound and found 2 devices listed: 1. "digital display audio device amd hi-definition(not plugged in)" and 2. Realtek hi-definition audio (default device)"

I'm afraid to disturb current set up before getting advice from any of you brilliant, knowledgeable people who are kind enough to help. I recall connecting pc speakers once long ago with no problem but now I spot the hdmi cable and am leery.

:)

klaro 1590, Mar 9, 2019

2. Need help with connecting external pc to used for raid storage

Basically I want to set up raid in a separate pc to be used only for the hard drives.

But I don't know how I would best connect this raid setup into my computer.
    • Do I use a NIC card to gigabit over multiple channels?
    • Or perhaps a really long sata III cable?
    • I don't want to connect it over the network. I just want to directly connect it.
    Goals:
    • Access data quick
    • Keep hard drives external to PC
    • Ease of use
    • Keep costs down (hence DIY PC instead of prebuilt NAS)
    • Expandability (hence DIY PC instead of prebuilt NAS)
    How do I do this?

See this illustration.

connecting external speakers to pc 7AKyZaD.png

vawrvawerawe, Mar 9, 2019
  3. ClairePWN Win User
    Issues with installing External Speaker on Windows 10.

Original Title:

After Win 10 install how to connect, install, activate L-R external speakers to desktop PC?

Speakers worked prior to install of 10. Have connected speakers - there power light is on

but no sound. Have been unable to check audio driver or other suggestions received from

this forum...nothing works.

ClairePWN, Mar 9, 2019
  4. connecting external speakers to pc

No sound from external speakers

Hi,

It can be an outdated or faulty driver that is causing your external speaker not to work. For us to provide the appropriate solution to your concern, we need to gather more information. Kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you made any changes prior to the issue?
    • Is the external speaker detected in the Device Manager?
    • Is there any error messages that you are getting?
    • Have you tried connecting the speaker to another device?

You can visit this
    link
    on how to update drivers in Windows 10. If the error still occurs, we also suggest that you download the troubleshooter and run it from this link: Fix
    sound problems

Looking forward to your reply.

Robelene Win, Mar 9, 2019
Thema:

connecting external speakers to pc

1. connecting external speakers to pc - Similar Threads - connecting external speakers

2. External speaker not connecting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External speaker not connecting: I made a few tickets to chat with the representative, but they made me wait literally 5 hours and I'm pissed off. Like do they expect us to stay in front of the stupid computer for that long staring at the chat screen doing nothing? Stupid. And when they spontaneously came to...
  3. External speaker not connecting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    External speaker not connecting: I made a few tickets to chat with the representative, but they made me wait literally 5 hours and I'm pissed off. Like do they expect us to stay in front of the stupid computer for that long staring at the chat screen doing nothing? Stupid. And when they spontaneously came to...
  4. External speaker not connecting

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Disable and enable laptop speakers when external speakers are connected

Disable and enable laptop speakers when external speakers are connected: I am using a docked laptop for my setup. When I plug the laptop into the dock, it does not always send audio to the speakers at first, usually either through its internal speakers or the monitor’s speakers which I have disabled. I want to set it up so that it will...
  6. External Speakers . . .

in Windows 10 Customization
    External Speakers . . .: I have a Dell laptop computer, running Windows 10 Pro . . . I recently bought a pair of, external speakers. They plug, right into the USB port . . . And, the headphone jack. I've had external speakers before, so I knew what to expect. For some reason? The sound level, is...
  7. external speaker

in Windows 10 Customization
    external speaker: Is it possible to hook up an external speaker to my computer. My Windows 7 was a plug and play, no such luck on Windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-speaker/a85c1285-ba50-4e71-82b3-b23fc9529a55
  8. external pc speakers

external pc speakers: How to connect pc speakers to pc via 'USB audio stereo sound adapter'. What changes must be made to settings & how to. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-pc-speakers/a8f8dbff-74ed-45fc-b27e-7b5b553d653d
  9. installed external speakers on pc

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    installed external speakers on pc: I just installed two external speakers on my PC and I cannot get them to work.... I am using windows 10. Please help Thanks much https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/installed-external-speakers-on-pc/7d14dc43-8db5-4777-b267-227bc99594e3
  10. External Speakers

External Speakers: Just want to mention that I've purchased a pair of Logitech S-150 USB digital speakers at Walmart. The cost was only $10.00. So far, I'm very pleased with their operation. I'm able to hear music with better fidelity and listen to a movie without having to strain to hear the...