Windows 10: Connecting Exturnal hard drive

Discus and support Connecting Exturnal hard drive in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; How do I connect an external hard drive, with data files... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by BrianKernowMan, Feb 13, 2019.

1. Connecting Exturnal hard drive

How do I connect an external hard drive, with data files

:)

BrianKernowMan, Feb 13, 2019

2. Overclock your hard drive!!!

Heres a much easier hack that I realized quite a few years ago that really does work!

REQUIREMENTS:
    • Hard drive with molex power connection.
    • PSU with more than 1 strand that has molex plugs on it.
    • Wire strippers, soldering iron if you're fancy, electrical tape if you're not.
    STEPS:
    • Take the strand of connectors from your PSU, and decide which one will be the donator for this overclocking adventure.
    • Cut the yellow and orange cables, then twist them together.
    • Find the power connector you've chosen as the overclocking connector, and release the orange cable from the connector. Now use your preferred method to bind them together, then place it back together.
    • Plug in a drive and feel the speed!
    Congratulations! You've just overclocked your hard drive!

Sir B. Fannybottom, Feb 13, 2019
  3. Mathragh Win User
    Overclock your hard drive!!!

Wut =D

what is that supposed to accomplish?

Mathragh, Feb 13, 2019
  4. Connecting Exturnal hard drive

little cat, Feb 13, 2019
Thema:

Connecting Exturnal hard drive

1. Connecting Exturnal hard drive - Similar Threads - Connecting Exturnal hard

2. Hard drive will not stay connected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hard drive will not stay connected: Dell XPS 8950 - purchased new in April 2023Windows 11 HomeI have 1 SSD C: and 2 HDD D: & J: drives installed. The J: drive keeps disconnecting; sometimes while I am working, and sometimes it won't connect when I boot. I have not been able to detect any particular pattern to...
  3. Hard drive will not stay connected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hard drive will not stay connected: Dell XPS 8950 - purchased new in April 2023Windows 11 HomeI have 1 SSD C: and 2 HDD D: & J: drives installed. The J: drive keeps disconnecting; sometimes while I am working, and sometimes it won't connect when I boot. I have not been able to detect any particular pattern to...
  4. Can't Connect External Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't Connect External Hard Drive: Hello.I am struggling to access a WD My Passport and I suspect something is wrong with my Windows fundamentally, and I wish to reset Windows, however I would like to backup my files to an external hard drive, but have so far been unsuccessful in doing so.When I plug in the My...
  5. Connecting External Hard Drive to Network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Connecting External Hard Drive to Network: I would like to have an external hard drivecontinuously connected to my home network. My router does not have a USB port and I do not have any PC that is connected 100% of the time to the home network. my PCs are running Win 11 Home editionIs there a hardware device I should...
  6. external hard drive connected by usb

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    external hard drive connected by usb: How do I get windows file explorer to recognize a 500 giga bite hard drive connected by USB https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-hard-drive-connected-by-usb/57ede349-6ed9-4cb0-bf8d-d9d999cf1157
  7. Connecting a computer to a hard drive that is connected to a router

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Connecting a computer to a hard drive that is connected to a router: I have two computers (both windows 10) that I need to connect to a router that I have connected to my router. One of the computers connected just fine but the other one can not see devices on my network. I have tried many things and nothing seems to work. Any help would be...
  8. hard drive not connecting to laptop

hard drive not connecting to laptop: I bought a new laptop a few months ago, and I took out my old laptop's hard drive to recover data because the laptop was completely dead and to possibly use as an external hard drive, im trying to connect it to my new laptop with a sata to usb cable but every time i plug it...
  9. Connecting External hard drive

Connecting External hard drive: How do I connect an external hard drive, with data files https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/connecting-external-hard-drive/b1670bab-3009-4da3-b712-006026fefcfe
  10. connecting external hard drives to laptop

connecting external hard drives to laptop: is it possible to connect three external hard drives thru one usb socket and if it is, what connector do I need 50269