Windows 10: Connecting iTunes on Windows 10 PC with iPad

Discus and support Connecting iTunes on Windows 10 PC with iPad in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, since a few weeks I have the problem that I can’t connect iTunes running on Windows 10 notebook with my iPad, which worked well the last 2... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Hans Mauri, Jan 3, 2020.

1. Connecting iTunes on Windows 10 PC with iPad

Hello, since a few weeks I have the problem that I can’t connect iTunes running on Windows 10 notebook with my iPad, which worked well the last 2 years. The device manager on the PC shows that the iPad is connected, and shows also up the USB entries, and according to Windows checks, also the USB controller should be ok just has no “Apple” in the driver name.

Same iPad works well with my desktop PC.
    What could be wrong. Has anyone else similar problems

:)

Hans Mauri, Jan 3, 2020

2. IPad Autoplay - question 1 - Options

Hi - when I used to connect my iPad via a USB cable, iTunes would automatically open to synchronize the iPad with my pc. I thought it still worked that way when I first setup my new Windows 10 pc, but somewhere along the line (updates to iTunes and or Windows 10) that functionality seems to have gone missing.

I have iTunes configured to sync when connected.

Now when I connect my iPad I can select from the following list (ask me every time is the default Autoplay action)

Connecting iTunes on Windows 10 PC with iPad [​IMG]

My problem is that I would like to have Sync device (iTunes) as an option. How do I add iTunes as an option to the list?

Thanks

braincramp, Jan 3, 2020
  3. Steve C Win User
    iTunes/iPad - Move Data from Old iPad to New iPad & Synch with New PC?

I think I've worked this out now. It seems all you need to do is to copy the entire iTunes folder to the new PC, making sure the folder contains all iTunes media data including app data. Also you need to copy all the source music, photos etc to the new PC. Also ensure automatic syncing is turned off on the new PC and the correct iTunes folder is configured in iTunes before connecting the new iPad. The iPads need to share an Apple ID for store purchases. When you first connect the iPad to the new PC you may see the confusing message Setup as new iPad. I thought this might wipe the new iPad but Apple advised it is safe to proceed. You should then see the iPad with data intact and be able to synch with the new PC including seeing all the apps when using the same Apple ID.

Thanks for the VLC tip app.

Steve C, Jan 3, 2020
  4. Peg109 Win User

Connecting iTunes on Windows 10 PC with iPad

Ipad 2 Sync To Itunes

We replaced our battery in my Ipad 2, and now it will not shut off so I can't do the steps I need to do. It states connect to ITunes, but I have never synced the Ipad to iTunes., so it can't find it. I went though the steps to perform the Program Data,
    but after reading about it I'm not so sure I want to do this., it states you should never perform this action. How can I get it synced to ITunes now?

Peg109, Jan 3, 2020
Thema:

Connecting iTunes on Windows 10 PC with iPad

1. Connecting iTunes on Windows 10 PC with iPad - Similar Threads - Connecting iTunes iPad

2. Windows 10 recent update cannot connect to apple ipad in itunes which is asking to restore

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 recent update cannot connect to apple ipad in itunes which is asking to restore: Windows 10 recent update cannot connect to apple ipad in itunes which is asking to restore https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-recent-update-cannot-connect-to-apple/c4f1682b-603a-4522-a357-d2e5bec31d0c
  3. Windows 10 recent update cannot connect to apple ipad in itunes which is asking to restore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 recent update cannot connect to apple ipad in itunes which is asking to restore: Windows 10 recent update cannot connect to apple ipad in itunes which is asking to restore https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-recent-update-cannot-connect-to-apple/c4f1682b-603a-4522-a357-d2e5bec31d0c
  4. Windows 10 recent update cannot connect to apple ipad in itunes which is asking to restore

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Unable to connect ipad to pc

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to connect ipad to pc: I am unable to connect my iPad 6th gen to my PC. In Device manager, it is listed as a MTP USB Device however it has a warning symbol next to it. When I try to change the driver to the apple mobile device driver for windows I get a code 31. This also happens with any other...
  6. itunes on window not finding Ipad

itunes on window not finding Ipad: Help I got locked out of my iPad I connected to iTunes via windows 10 and when I connect its not found, I have turned it on and off various times even reinstalled it tunes, now my ipad screen is stuck on disabled connect to iTunes....
  7. Not able to connect iPad to Windows 10 PC

Not able to connect iPad to Windows 10 PC: When I connect my iPad to my Win10 PC by a USB connector to copy some photos over it cnnot connect the PC does NOT seem to 'see' my PC. Can anyone help ***Title Modified from: When I connect my iPad to my Win10 PC by a USB connector to copy some photos over it cnnot connect...
  8. Not able to connect iPad to Windows 10 PC

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Not able to connect iPad to Windows 10 PC: When I connect my iPad to my Win10 PC by a USB connector to copy some photos over it cnnot connect the PC does NOT seem to 'see' my PC. Can anyone help ***Title Modified from: When I connect my iPad to my Win10 PC by a USB connector to copy some photos over it cnnot connect...
  9. Itunes will not update my ipad 4.

Itunes will not update my ipad 4.: I have an error code and a message " Driver not installed. Itunes waiting for windows update to install driver for this ipad." I uninstalled and installed itunes but with no luck....
  10. iTunes/iPad - Move Data from Old iPad to New iPad & Synch with New PC?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    iTunes/iPad - Move Data from Old iPad to New iPad & Synch with New PC?: I have an old iPad Touch 4 running IOS 6 (latest supported) and a new iPad Mini 2 running IOS 10. I'm trying to configure the new iPad Mini on my PC before giving the iPad Mini to someone else when it will need to be synced with a different PC. I want to install a new set...