Windows 10: connecting L2300D brother printer to wifi

Discus and support connecting L2300D brother printer to wifi in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I'm setting up a new printer & can't figure out how to set it to wifi... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by SheilaDempsey, May 9, 2020.

1. connecting L2300D brother printer to wifi

I'm setting up a new printer & can't figure out how to set it to wifi

:)

SheilaDempsey, May 9, 2020
  2. weamish Win User

Brother printers - wireless connection

Yep, over the years I've contacted Brother by phone and online chat and email. They have a list of stock responses, none of which have solved the problem. Their printers work great when they're actually working. But the wireless issues are maddening. With other printer brands, my experience has been different - when the internet connection is restored, the printers automatically reconnect to the wifi SSID and work properly again, immediately. But for some reason this does not happen with Brother, even when their printers have reconnected.

weamish, May 23, 2020
  3. weamish Win User

Brother printers - wireless connection

Yep, over the years I've contacted Brother by phone and online chat and email. They have a list of stock responses, none of which have solved the problem. Their printers work great when they're actually working. But the wireless issues are maddening. With other printer brands, my experience has been different - when the internet connection is restored, the printers automatically reconnect to the wifi SSID and work properly again, immediately. But for some reason this does not happen with Brother, even when their printers have reconnected.

weamish, May 23, 2020
  4. cognus Win User
    Brother Printer exists & works, but won't "Install" - Why?

Gang I have really appreciated how Windows 10 can pickup devices on the network and get them working without the user even knowing what happened. Saves steps. With multifunction printers, however, it is better in some cases to run the Manufacturers software stack for key important key features, in this case scanning multiple pages into one PDF. I have not seen a case like this one: The Device, a Brother MFC-L2707dw, is working - windows dropped it into Devices & Printers with no intervention, both by USB, and later by WIFI. The basic functions work. It will print, scan, and copy. But all not well.

The info on the printer is not populated other than the basic ID: it gets the model correct, all other information missing in Windows Devices & Printers. Most importantly, in trying to install either the Basic Drivers package or the Full Features package from Brother [they only list those two in Downloads for Windows 10], I have to quit the install because it cannot detect the printer. Fails when connected by USB, and fails when connected only by WIFI [and the printer works on WIFI as well as USB]. Similarly, if I delete the Printer and then use the "Add Printer" in Windows Control Panel, Windows 10 cannot discover the device. [but it does... just not the prescribed way]

I have not tried this in Safe Mode - I assumed drivers would be squelched and the package would fail again.

Anyone have a suggestion here?

C

cognus, May 23, 2020
  5. cognus Win User

connecting L2300D brother printer to wifi

Brother Printer exists & works, but won't "Install" - Why?

Gang I have really appreciated how Windows 10 can pickup devices on the network and get them working without the user even knowing what happened. Saves steps. With multifunction printers, however, it is better in some cases to run the Manufacturers software stack for key important key features, in this case scanning multiple pages into one PDF. I have not seen a case like this one: The Device, a Brother MFC-L2707dw, is working - windows dropped it into Devices & Printers with no intervention, both by USB, and later by WIFI. The basic functions work. It will print, scan, and copy. But all not well.

The info on the printer is not populated other than the basic ID: it gets the model correct, all other information missing in Windows Devices & Printers. Most importantly, in trying to install either the Basic Drivers package or the Full Features package from Brother [they only list those two in Downloads for Windows 10], I have to quit the install because it cannot detect the printer. Fails when connected by USB, and fails when connected only by WIFI [and the printer works on WIFI as well as USB]. Similarly, if I delete the Printer and then use the "Add Printer" in Windows Control Panel, Windows 10 cannot discover the device. [but it does... just not the prescribed way]

I have not tried this in Safe Mode - I assumed drivers would be squelched and the package would fail again.

Anyone have a suggestion here?

C

cognus, May 23, 2020
  6. connecting L2300D brother printer to wifi

Brother Printer setup with WIFI

Hello!

The network key that your printer keeps asking for is probably the WiFi password of your home network. You mentioned that you did reset your printer, hence it is natural that it will ask for the WiFi password for connecting to it. Hence enter that as the
    'network key'.

Now if you don't remember your WiFi password, you can do the following:

Step 1 is if your computer doesn't connect to the WiFi and asks for the password.

Step 2 is if your computer is connected to the WiFi but you forgot the password.

1. Reset your WiFi router. The default password will be probably printed at the back of your router or in the packaging box in which the router came in or in the router user manual. If it's not in those places, you can call up your internet service provider
      and ask for their help in retrieving the password.
    2. Connect computer to your WiFi->Right click the WiFi icon at the bottom right on PC->Open Network and Sharing Centre->Double click on your connected WiFi->In WiFi status window, click Wireless Properties->Click on Security tab->Click Show Characters under
      the Network security key.

RogerOriginals, May 23, 2020
  7. Brother Printer setup with WIFI

Hello!

The network key that your printer keeps asking for is probably the WiFi password of your home network. You mentioned that you did reset your printer, hence it is natural that it will ask for the WiFi password for connecting to it. Hence enter that as the
    'network key'.

Now if you don't remember your WiFi password, you can do the following:

Step 1 is if your computer doesn't connect to the WiFi and asks for the password.

Step 2 is if your computer is connected to the WiFi but you forgot the password.

1. Reset your WiFi router. The default password will be probably printed at the back of your router or in the packaging box in which the router came in or in the router user manual. If it's not in those places, you can call up your internet service provider
      and ask for their help in retrieving the password.
    2. Connect computer to your WiFi->Right click the WiFi icon at the bottom right on PC->Open Network and Sharing Centre->Double click on your connected WiFi->In WiFi status window, click Wireless Properties->Click on Security tab->Click Show Characters under
      the Network security key.

RogerOriginals, May 23, 2020
Thema:

connecting L2300D brother printer to wifi

1. connecting L2300D brother printer to wifi - Similar Threads - connecting L2300D brother

2. +1-916-226-9119 Connect Brother Printer to WiFi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    +1-916-226-9119 Connect Brother Printer to WiFi: Imagine you’re in the kitchen, cooking up your favorite recipe, and suddenly, you remember that document you need to print. But you’re not in your office or anywhere near your printer. What do you do? Well, that’s where the magic of connecting your Brother printer to Wi-Fi...
  3. +1-916-226-9119 Connect Brother Printer to WiFi

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    +1-916-226-9119 Connect Brother Printer to WiFi: Imagine you’re in the kitchen, cooking up your favorite recipe, and suddenly, you remember that document you need to print. But you’re not in your office or anywhere near your printer. What do you do? Well, that’s where the magic of connecting your Brother printer to Wi-Fi...
  4. Brother printer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Brother printer: I can load my Brother printer software but it will not actually install, why?. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/brother-printer/29dde689-b09c-4cbe-bfb4-acf6c49ac5d1
  5. Brother printer still can not be connected

Brother printer still can not be connected: My Brother MFC-6490CW has not worked since the May-June security update. I am running Windows 10 2004 version and am seriously in the need for someone to tell me how to get my printer working again. The 1909 and 2004 patches suggested both return a "not suitable for your...
  6. Brother Printer

Brother Printer: I cannot get my printer to print anything from my laptop. The internet is unstable, so I have it cabled connected. It copies and work wireless to pint PDFs only. I've removed it and added the device again; still no luck. ugh...
  7. Brother printer not connecting

Brother printer not connecting: I cannot get my printer up and running. I removed the update KB4560960 per instructions on the Brother website for my printer MFC-845CW. I restarted my computer, restarted my printer, ran the Microsoft Troubleshooter, no problem detected. No communication between my PC and...
  8. Brother L2300D Offline while directly connected

Brother L2300D Offline while directly connected: This is a weird one. When I go to my printer settings page on Windows 10 it showed my printer was offline despite having a direct connection to it. I tried numerous techniques including disabling it and actually removing it and reinstalling the drivers but Windows still...
  9. Brother printer wiFi installation

Brother printer wiFi installation: Cannot get my subject printer to operate on Windows 10. Model printer I HL-L2350DW which always remains "off-line". https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/brother-printer-wifi-installation/c1fd0258-a339-463b-a35b-5e8c11be0ca5
  10. Brother printers - wireless connection

Brother printers - wireless connection: I have two Brother printers: HL-2270DW and MFC-L2700DW. If the internet connection goes out for any reason, it's a nightmare for both printers. When the internet connection is restored, they still will not print, even when the WLAN report says Connection OK. But here's the...