Windows 10: Connecting laptop to tv

Discus and support Connecting laptop to tv in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; So my old tv died and had to purchase a new one and the spec page lied about having a vga port (decide to keep the tv but got compensation for the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by auroken, May 4, 2021.

1. auroken Win User

Connecting laptop to tv

So my old tv died and had to purchase a new one and the spec page lied about having a vga port (decide to keep the tv but got compensation for the issue). I decided to connect my laptop using hdmi which works not to mention I guess the up side was being able to push the sound to my soundbar via hdmi as a bonus. Now the downside is switching sources as I regularly switch between my roku/game consoles as well as my laptop, it seems switching back to my laptop leads to my screen showing static noise and not the picture until I turn the tv off and on again and I was wondering if there was an option to make it so when I switch sources that it would just go to the duplicated screen rather than requiring me to turn it off and on again to get a picture.

:)

auroken, May 4, 2021
  2. ThundaBG Win User

Laptop not recognizing TV through HDMI connection

Hello everyone!

First I do apologize if this is not the correct section for this thread.

I've had issues connecting my laptop to TV for the past day. Connection is done through an HDMI cable. Connection was good up until it randomly turned off itself while playing a game. There have been no hardware or software changes whatsoever that would affect it.

TV is SAMSUNG, Model: UE32J4000AW. Laptop info is available in My PC Specs. (laptop is brand new, week or two old)

Here's what I've tried so far:

• 3 different HDMI cables
    • switching between ports on TV
    • tried all projection options on Laptop
    • Disable / Enable both Intel and Nvidia drivers
    • Rollback Intel GPU driver and installed it back to latest version
    • Re-installed Nvidia driver
    • Restarted PC and TV
    • Scan for hardware changes through Device Manager
    • Checked Intel and Nvidia control panels - there were no available options
    • Apparently both HDMI ports on the TV work as I tried them with a tv box.

I think that's all I've tried so far, will add anything else if missed. Open to suggestions.

ThundaBG, May 4, 2021
  3. Connecting laptop to tv

Hi Ro,

There might be a configuration in your TV that we need to change to resolve this . For better assistance, we would like to gather more information:

• When you connected the HDMI to the TV, what source/display option did you choose?
    • Have you tried connecting the HDMI cable to a different TV/monitor?
    • Have you tried using a different HDMI cable to connect your computer and TV?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

Regards.

Dennis Mop, May 4, 2021
  4. Connecting laptop to tv

connect laptop to tv

Hello Barry,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We do understand your concern and we will be happy to help you regarding this.

• How are you trying to connect laptop to TV?
    • And what exactly happens when you try to connect?

Use the hardware troubleshooter to fix the issue

The Hardware Troubleshooter is an automated tool which will check the hardware connected to the computer for any known issues with it and provides the details and on how to fix them. Follow these steps and run the troubleshooter.

Follow these steps:

• Windows key to get the Start menu.
    • Type Troubleshooting.
    • Click on Troubleshooting.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner.
    • Select the Hardware and Device options from the list.
    • Click Next to run the Hardware and Device Troubleshooter.

I hope this helps you. If you have any further queries, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), May 4, 2021
Thema:

Connecting laptop to tv

1. Connecting laptop to tv - Similar Threads - Connecting laptop

2. Why does my laptop ask for the Wi-Fi security key after a reboot, when the "Connect...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my laptop ask for the Wi-Fi security key after a reboot, when the "Connect...: It appears I have fixed my own problem but all the prior threads on the subject were locked, so I made my own to help others with this issue.I am running windows 11, but this may be the same on other versions.The security key is not controlled in the "WLAN Autoconfig" service...
  3. Why does my laptop ask for the Wi-Fi security key after a reboot, when the "Connect...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does my laptop ask for the Wi-Fi security key after a reboot, when the "Connect...: It appears I have fixed my own problem but all the prior threads on the subject were locked, so I made my own to help others with this issue.I am running windows 11, but this may be the same on other versions.The security key is not controlled in the "WLAN Autoconfig" service...
  4. Why does my laptop ask for the Wi-Fi security key after a reboot, when the "Connect...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my laptop ask for the Wi-Fi security key after a reboot, when the "Connect...: I have a brand new computer. Every time it reboots, I have to manually input the security key for the WIFI. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-my-laptop-ask-for-the-wi-fi-security-key/eedc086b-33f2-4cfa-b28d-1d5096401a4d
  5. Why does my laptop ask for the Wi-Fi security key after a reboot, when the "Connect...

Why does my laptop ask for the Wi-Fi security key after a reboot, when the "Connect...: I have a brand new computer. Every time it reboots, I have to manually input the security key for the WIFI. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-my-laptop-ask-for-the-wi-fi-security-key/eedc086b-33f2-4cfa-b28d-1d5096401a4d
  6. My laptop asks for the Wi-Fi security key after a reboot, when the "Connect Automatically"...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop asks for the Wi-Fi security key after a reboot, when the "Connect Automatically"...: I have a brand new Asus computer running Windows Home 11. Every time it reboots, I have to manually input the security key for the WIFI. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-asks-for-the-wi-fi-security-key-after-a/eedc086b-33f2-4cfa-b28d-1d5096401a4d
  7. My laptop asks for the Wi-Fi security key after a reboot, when the "Connect Automatically"...

My laptop asks for the Wi-Fi security key after a reboot, when the "Connect Automatically"...: I have a brand new Asus computer running Windows Home 11. Every time it reboots, I have to manually input the security key for the WIFI. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-asks-for-the-wi-fi-security-key-after-a/eedc086b-33f2-4cfa-b28d-1d5096401a4d
  8. Why does my laptop ask for the WIFI security key after a reboot when the "Connect...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my laptop ask for the WIFI security key after a reboot when the "Connect...: I have a brand new Asus computer running Windows Home 11. Every time it reboots, I have to manually input the security key for the WIFI. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-my-laptop-ask-for-the-wifi-security-key/eedc086b-33f2-4cfa-b28d-1d5096401a4d
  9. Why does my laptop ask for the WIFI security key after a reboot when the "Connect...

Why does my laptop ask for the WIFI security key after a reboot when the "Connect...: I have a brand new Asus computer running Windows Home 11. Every time it reboots, I have to manually input the security key for the WIFI. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-my-laptop-ask-for-the-wifi-security-key/eedc086b-33f2-4cfa-b28d-1d5096401a4d
  10. Wi-Fi connection keeps disconnecting and reconnecting on my work laptop windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wi-Fi connection keeps disconnecting and reconnecting on my work laptop windows 10: The Wi-Fi connection keeps disconnecting and reconnecting on my work laptop windows 10 when connecting to a specific network my home network. I face the problem with a specific network in my home, I don't face this problem when using the office network, mobile Wi-Fi network,...