Windows 10: Connecting Multiple Monitors to My Laptop Docking Station

Discus and support Connecting Multiple Monitors to My Laptop Docking Station in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I'm attempting to connect my laptop docking station with 2 monitors. When I close the laptop lid, both monitors go black. Can anyone help me with the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Richard Chism, Sep 29, 2020.

1. Connecting Multiple Monitors to My Laptop Docking Station

I'm attempting to connect my laptop docking station with 2 monitors. When I close the laptop lid, both monitors go black. Can anyone help me with the connection process? I'm a work from home employee and trying to connect so I can work

:)

Richard Chism, Sep 29, 2020

2. Dual Monitors connecting to Docking Station

I have an HP laptop, running Windows 7, with an HP docking station. I also have dual LG monitors. I have one monitor connected through the VGA port. I have a Displayport to HDMI cable for the second monitor. The display ports on the docking station
    are ++. The HDMI monitor will wake up when connected, it asks if I want to connect, but I cannot answer OK. It then goes to sleep. I have the monitors set to extend, and I keep the laptop closed. Both monitors work, using the VGA, so I know it isn't a
    monitor issue. Suggestions?

BDe Vries1, Sep 29, 2020
  3. Arun B J Win User
    DVI not working on extended monitor with Surface Book docking station

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Make sure the power light for the docking station is on

• Make sure the monitor is getting power

• Make sure the cable is connected properly to the monitor

• Unplug and reconnect the Mini-DVI adapter on the back of your docking station

• Try flipping the connector for the adapter over (turns out some adapters can go in upside-down)

• Take the Surface out of the docking station then put it back in

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Sep 29, 2020
  4. jackin Win User

Connecting Multiple Monitors to My Laptop Docking Station

I cannot connect to home Wi-Fi off the docking station but not on docking station.

1. I cannot connect to home Wi-Fi off the docking station but not on docking station.
    2. When i'm on docking station system says i'm connected to home Wi-Fi, but when i browse says not connected.
    3. Other devices connected to home Wi-Fi has no issue.
    4. What steps can i take to resolve the issue other than updating Wi-Fi adapter driver?

jackin, Sep 29, 2020
Thema:

Connecting Multiple Monitors to My Laptop Docking Station

1. Connecting Multiple Monitors to My Laptop Docking Station - Similar Threads - Connecting Multiple Monitors

2. Is there a docking station that is not recognized by the monitor if nothing is connected to it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a docking station that is not recognized by the monitor if nothing is connected to it?: I have an HP G5 docking station connected to a laptop and the screen is connected to both a PC and the docking station.The problem is that after I disconnect the laptop from the docking station the screen doesn't switch to the PC but keeps showing a black screen, because...
  3. Is there a docking station that is not recognized by the monitor if nothing is connected to it?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there a docking station that is not recognized by the monitor if nothing is connected to it?: I have an HP G5 docking station connected to a laptop and the screen is connected to both a PC and the docking station.The problem is that after I disconnect the laptop from the docking station the screen doesn't switch to the PC but keeps showing a black screen, because...
  4. Is there a docking station that is not recognized by the monitor if nothing is connected to it?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Docking station not detecting monitor

Docking station not detecting monitor: I've recently bought a new docking station so that I can extend the display of my laptop. It has a usb c connector, which I've plugged into my laptop and for the most part, it works. The wireless mouse works and various other devices that are plugged into to it via usb work...
  6. Docking station not detecting monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Docking station not detecting monitor: I've recently bought a new docking station so that I can extend the display of my laptop. It has a usb c connector, which I've plugged into my laptop and for the most part, it works. The wireless mouse works and various other devices that are plugged into to it via usb work...
  7. Dual Monitors with Docking Station

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dual Monitors with Docking Station: Hello-I have a Dell laptop that i use open with 2 external monitors. 1 monitor is plugged in via HDMI directly to the laptop, the other monitor is plugged in via HDMI to my external docking station. All 3 montiors worked fine until yesterday when my IT dept got into my...
  8. Dual Monitors with Docking Station

Dual Monitors with Docking Station: Hello-I have a Dell laptop that i use open with 2 external monitors. 1 monitor is plugged in via HDMI directly to the laptop, the other monitor is plugged in via HDMI to my external docking station. All 3 montiors worked fine until yesterday when my IT dept got into my...
  9. Dual Monitors with Docking Station

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  10. Multiple Docking Stations

in Windows 10 Customization
    Multiple Docking Stations: I have surface pro, like it, I have docking station, if I travel to another office and use another different docking station, will it disturb my 1st docking station settings ( 2 monitors, one portrait, one landscape) etc......