Windows 10: connecting my internet router/modem with VPN on Windows 10

Discus and support connecting my internet router/modem with VPN on Windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I have a device that runs one cable from it to the wall socket. This device is how I get my internet, and I don't know if it is called a browser or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by marianavarro2, Apr 17, 2020.

1. connecting my internet router/modem with VPN on Windows 10

Hi, I have a device that runs one cable from it to the wall socket. This device is how I get my internet, and I don't know if it is called a browser or a modem. How do I figure that out?

Then, the problem I have now is I want to also get a paid VPN subscription and so I have done that, and I have Cyberghost. The problem is now that I have a paid VPN subscription, every time I turn my VPN on, it changes the little symbol for the internet access from the little dot in the bottom right hand corner with the the 3 curved lines over it to the world globe thing and knocks me off the internet and still won't connect me to the VPN so I always have to go the windows thing and have it fix my laptop so I can by running the diagnostics thing and then resolving my issues.

I realize I am not very computer smart, and I truly do not understand all these words the techy people are using so can somebody tell me what is wrong here and how do I fix it? Please? I can't believe it is that difficult to do.

I have screen shots of what is my system showing but I don' see how to post them here.....

:)

marianavarro2, Apr 17, 2020
  2. aj99000 Win User

No Internet Connection When VPN Is Connected

This particular issue has been going on for almost a month now. My companies IT department is still trying to figure out the root cause. Below is a list of isolation / troubleshooting i've done.

Issue: Once connected to the work VPN (successfully) the internet connection on the Windows 10 machine disconnects and does not allow any network traffic.

OS: Windows 10 Home - Version: 1909 (OS Build 18363.476)

Computer: Razor Blade 2019

- Latest drivers installed

- Latest Windows updates installed

- System Wide issue

Troubleshooting / Isolation

• Cellular Data: Verified the Windows machine can connect to a hotspot and successfully browse the internet. (No VPN involved)

• Cellular Data + Work VPN: Verified the Windows machine can connect to the hotspot & successfully connect to work VPN and successfully browse the internet.

• Home WiFi: Verified Windows machine can connect to the home wifi network and successfully browse the internet (No VPN involved)

• Home WiFi + Work VPN: Verified Windows machine can connect to home WiFi. It can successfully connect to work VPN. However once the work VPN is connected, the home WiFi network indicates (No Internet Access)

• Ping Test + Work VPN: Verified I can successfully ping (work) websites and even the work VPN URL successfully without any packet loss. However once I go to ping (non-work) related addresses like google.com, apple.com etc. there is packet loss.

At this point I decided to test my work VPN on my iPhone & Apple Mac.

• iPhone: Home WiFi + Work VPN: Verified the iPhone successfully connects to home WiFi network and the work VPN and can successfully browse the internet.

• Mac: Home WiFi + Work VPN: Verified the Mac successfully connects to home WiFi network and the work VPN and can successfully browse the internet.

Isolated: Only the Windows machine seems to be affected. I even verified this issue occurs on multiple Windows user accounts on the Windows 10 machine.

- Windows 10 is fully updated to the latest November Windows 10 update and issue persists

- Deleted and Added the VPN configuration several times and issue persisted.

Third Party VPN Client Test: Tested with Nord VPN and the Windows machine successfully connected to the home WiFi network & the Nord VPN connection successfully connected to a random server and successfully browsed the internet.

- Disabled IPV6 on VPN & WiFi network configuration (Per IT Support guidance) and issue persisted

*Currently updating to Windows 10 Insider Preview 19033.1 (vb_release) to see if this might fix anything pertaining to Windows 10 VPN.

Thanks for any additional guidance / suggestions / help that the community offers.

aj99000, Apr 17, 2020
  3. Anne Ros Win User
    Which modem and router will work best with Windows 10?

Hi,

Choosing which router and modem to use is depending on your desired needs. There are also several factors that can affect it such as the following:

• Size and resolution of the streamed videos.
    • Package plan you have chosen.
    • Internet traffic; depending on how many people are using the Internet.
    • WiFi connection; distance of the device to the source of the signal.

There are modems that are specifically for gaming, video streaming, or just the normal usage. But as to which specific modem to buy, choosing the correct router and modem really depends on your desired needs. Since you already have a modem, then what we
    can suggest is to utilize it and troubleshoot the issue, like, reducing the pixel of the videos, and disconnecting other devices connected to the WiFi then try streaming again.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Anne Ros, Apr 17, 2020
  4. connecting my internet router/modem with VPN on Windows 10

Modems, routers, and lag.

Modems connect to the internet

Routers Route the internet to individual devices ie Pc / tablet /phone /consul
    sometimes ( most these days ) these functions are combined into one device as in Modem router

Is it a ISP Supplied equipment or Privatly owned
    +

yes if its owned by your Landlord and they give you permission
    Suggest a suitable one FOR THEM To BUY

For curtsy sake if you do replace the modem/router show the landlord where in the modem/router various passwords are set and allow them the privacy to set the passwords they need such as modem/router log on details. then go through the various options and settings with the landlord

you don't need the log on details for the modem router after its been set up all you need is the wireless key/encryption details

dorsetknob, Apr 17, 2020
Thema:

connecting my internet router/modem with VPN on Windows 10

1. connecting my internet router/modem with VPN on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - connecting internet router

2. How to configure my new TP-Link modem router to allow a VPN connection on Windows?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to configure my new TP-Link modem router to allow a VPN connection on Windows?: I have a router from the ISP that is working ok but with a very short range for WIFI. I bought a new TP-Link router. I did the quick setup nice and easy however when it attempts an Internet Connection Check it fails ALTHOUGH internet is working fine and WIFI is good. But...
  3. Wired In Connection on a modem router Combo

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wired In Connection on a modem router Combo: i need immediate assistance trying to get my my ethernet cable to work on my computer it doesnt connect at all and i have XTREME mediacom high speed internet. i tried uninstalling and re installing the drivers and it isnt working. any forward knowledge on troubleshooting...
  4. Use modem/router combo as router only

Use modem/router combo as router only: I purchased an Arris SURFboard SBG6700-AC (modem/wifi combo) several years ago. I moved to another city with a different ISP. The cable guy could not get this to communicate with his cable system. There is an 80-year-old woman (neighbor) who has internet but no wifi. I bought...
  5. Connecting an external hard drive to a modem-router

Connecting an external hard drive to a modem-router: I have a Western Digital My Book Essential external hard drive connected to my desktop computer by USB. I wanted to connect it instead to my Sky modem-router. Because the router does not have a USB port, I purchased a USB-to-RJ45 adapter and used this to make the connection....
  6. Connect a NBN modem to a ADSL modem router

Connect a NBN modem to a ADSL modem router: I am thinking of converting to NBN service in Australia. However, my setup at the moment is single box ADSL modem with a switching router, which I connect my equipment to its LAN ports. With the new NBN standalone modem, how do I connect to the existing switch router...
  7. Cable Modem/router + Personal router

Cable Modem/router + Personal router: My cable company provides a box that is a modem & router. I also use my own router attached to the cable modem. I have done nothing to the cable box except attach a cable from my router to it. Do I need to "Bridge" the cable router or can I use the WiFi from it along with the...
  8. Internet VPN connection

Internet VPN connection: How to allow your device to automatically detect the username and password you set to your VPN connection. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/internet-vpn-connection/16b5da19-a006-407e-b2d9-92f219f62c13
  9. windows 10 system - will not connect to new wireless router/modem

windows 10 system - will not connect to new wireless router/modem: I installed a new wireless **** Surfboard today for internet connection. My windows 10 was previously hooked up to a ethernet cable that was attached to wireless repeater. I disconnected the ethernet i restarted the computer. The computer will not recognize a wireless...
  10. Connecting with VPN in Windows 10 through the Internet

Connecting with VPN in Windows 10 through the Internet: I get this error in System error log. A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond. I have ports 1701, 1723 and 3389 on my router and...