Windows 10: Connecting my old printer

Discus and support Connecting my old printer in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a Fuji Xerox Docuprint C3055 and connect via the usb port. My new computer recognises this as an other device but not as a printer. How can I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by stenskell, May 6, 2020.

1. stenskell Win User

Connecting my old printer

I have a Fuji Xerox Docuprint C3055 and connect via the usb port.

My new computer recognises this as an other device but not as a printer.

How can I get it to recognise it as a printer?

:)

stenskell, May 6, 2020

2. connect new laptop to old printer

Hi Yon,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand your concern about adding a printer to your device. We will help you with this issue.

This issue might have occurred due to corrupted or outdated printer drivers after upgrade to Windows 10. We will help you with this issue.

Do let us know if the drivers are compatible to Windows 10 Operating System?

Try few of the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps you to add the printer.

Step 1: If the device is not detected on your computer try to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

Hardware and Devices troubleshooter
    checks for common problems and makes sure that any new device or hardware connected to your PC is installed correctly.

Follow:

• Press Windows key from the keyboard, type
      Troubleshooting and select it.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner of
      Troubleshooting window.
    • Select the Hardware and Device
      options from the list.
    • Click Next to run the
      Hardware and Device
      Troubleshooter.

Step 2: I suggest you to check the status of
    Print Spooler service and check.

Print Spooler service, spools print service and handles interactions with the printer.
    If you turn off this service you won’t be able to print or see your printer.

Steps:

• Press Windows + R to open Run command, type
      Services.msc and press Enter.
    • Search for Printer Spooler service, right click on it and
      Start the service.
    • Also, set the Startup type to Automatic.
    • Now check if you are able to install the driver.

Step 3: I suggest you to refer to the below thread, check if your issue matches with the same.

If so, try the troubleshooting steps suggested by Greg Carmack - MS MVP
    on January 10, 2016 and check if it helps.

Unable to connect my Printer to Windows 10

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, May 6, 2020
  3. connecting laptop to Office jet G55 printer

Hi Luisa,

To help you with your concern regarding the printer, let me suggest you to contact the manufacturer for the steps on how to connect your printer to your computer. Please follow the steps on how to contact the manufacturer:

• The name of the OEM + “contact information”
    • The name of the OEM + “PC support”

Regards.

Virfranz Man, May 6, 2020
  4. Connecting my old printer

Windows 10 + printer connection

Hi murlichatlani,

Have you tried the suggestions on my initial post, in response to the original poster? If you haven't performed any troubleshooting yet, here are a couple of things you can try:

• Power off, and then power on your printer to restart it. Wait for a while for it to be fully ready.
    • Check your printer connection. Check your printer and make sure that it’s connected to your PC network.

If the steps didn't help, you may go through this list of suggestions to fix printer connection in Windows 10.

If you would like me to provide additional advice, simply respond to this thread. I will get notified and I’ll reply to you as soon as I can.

Aileen Alf, May 6, 2020
Thema:

Connecting my old printer

1. Connecting my old printer - Similar Threads - Connecting old printer

2. My printer is not connecting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My printer is not connecting: I purchased a new HP computer and microsoft office but now it won't connect with my older printer. I was told I had to purchase a license for the printer to work, why? In the past it was a matter of choosing the printer from the list and connecting it. Can someone explain...
  3. My printer is not connecting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My printer is not connecting: I purchased a new HP computer and microsoft office but now it won't connect with my older printer. I was told I had to purchase a license for the printer to work, why? In the past it was a matter of choosing the printer from the list and connecting it. Can someone explain...
  4. New computer won't connect to old printer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New computer won't connect to old printer: Hi,Putting together a new computer that is running Windows 11 home not in S mode. I have an old, dependable cheap-to-run printer HP LaserJet 2200d which I know functions fine. I manually loaded the printer into the new computer. While it adds it to the printer list, it has...
  5. New computer won't connect to old printer

New computer won't connect to old printer: Hi,Putting together a new computer that is running Windows 11 home not in S mode. I have an old, dependable cheap-to-run printer HP LaserJet 2200d which I know functions fine. I manually loaded the printer into the new computer. While it adds it to the printer list, it has...
  6. my old printer is NOT recognized by Win10

my old printer is NOT recognized by Win10: The printer is a Dell V515w around 2010... already tried everything EVERYTHING, included YouTube tutorials... yesterday called Dell Customers Assistance... the product is discontinued, so no more updates, no more drivers, no more tech support... they say: "Before disposing...
  7. my old printer is NOT recognized by Win10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my old printer is NOT recognized by Win10: the printer is a Dell V515w around 2010... already tried everything EVERYTHING, included YouTube tutorials... yesterday called Dell tech support... they say: "Before disposing the device, try calling Microsoft"... this morning discovered that "calling" Microsoft is a...
  8. Windows 11 and my old printer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 and my old printer: Got new HP PC with Windows 11 for Xmas. Went through set up. Eventually tried printing a document. Clicked "Print" button and "Save" screen pops up. Download Canon driver, restarted, confirmed the system recognized the printer. Selected it as default. Tried to print again -...
  9. Windows 11 and my old printer

Windows 11 and my old printer: Got new HP PC with Windows 11 for Xmas. Went through set up. Eventually tried printing a document. Clicked "Print" button and "Save" screen pops up. Download Canon driver, restarted, confirmed the system recognized the printer. Selected it as default. Tried to print again -...
  10. Connecting to my printer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Connecting to my printer: I have a new Epson Workforce Pro 3733. When I go to print I get the message that my printer is offline. Same thing with the HP I just replaced. What do I need to do to fix this?...