Windows 10: Connecting my Xbox One S to my computer

Discus and support Connecting my Xbox One S to my computer in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; The Xbox app says it can see my xbox but it won't connect. I have tried turning both off and on again and that doesn't work and I have tried typing in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by TexansBoy87, Aug 13, 2020.

1. Connecting my Xbox One S to my computer

The Xbox app says it can see my xbox but it won't connect. I have tried turning both off and on again and that doesn't work and I have tried typing in my IP into the connect thing and it says it can't find a xbox with that IP. I've tried turning off my firewall too cause I saw somewhere to do that but that didn't work either.

:)

TexansBoy87, Aug 13, 2020
  2. Mala_S Win User

Can’t connect Xbox one controller to pc

Hello SubieTY,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Initially, we need to pair the device to show up in the list while connected through Bluetooth. Check with the below mentioned steps and see if it works.

Hope it helps.

Mala S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Mala_S, Aug 13, 2020
  3. Darshan J Win User
    Connecting Xbox to PC

Hello,

Please answer the below questions to assist you better.

• What is the make and model of your computer?
    • Which version of windows is running on your system?

Suggest you to follow below steps and check if you are able to connect your Xbox to your Computer.

• Sign in to your Xbox Live account using your Microsoft login credentials
    • Verify that your Xbox One is connected to the same network as your Windows PC
    • Power on your Xbox One.
    • Press the “Menu” button on your Xbox controller and select “Settings.”
    • Select “Preferences” and place a checkmark next to “Allow streaming to other devices.”
    • Connecting Xbox and PC.
    • Click on “Connect” on the Xbox app on your Windows 10 PC
    • Select the name of your Xbox One console
    • Connect an Xbox One controller to your PC using a USB cable
    • Click on “Stream,” then select the Xbox game you want to play on your PC
    • Click on “Play from console”.
    If you are looking for more information on Xbox, you can post your query in dedicated Xbox forum for better assistance. Refer to the link below which guides you to Xbox forum.

Xbox Support

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance on windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Darshan J, Aug 13, 2020
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

Connecting my Xbox One S to my computer

Xbox Controller is not connecting to Wireless Adapter

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I appreciate your time and patience to work on this issue. To have a better clarity on the issue please reply to the following questions:

• Are you using an Xbox one controller?

If you are using an Xbox one controller, I suggest you to refer the steps in the article

How to connect an Xbox One Wireless Controller to a Windows PC
    and see if that helps in resolving the issue.

I would also suggest you to uninstall all the hidden devices under USB hive and check if you are able to connect the wireless adapter. Please follow the steps mentioned below to uninstall the hidden drivers:

1. Press and hold the Windows + X key on the keyboard.
    2. Select Device manager.
    3. Click View tab.
    4. Select Show hidden devices.
    5. Expand Universal Serial Bus and remove all the greyed out devices. To remove the greyed out devices, right click on the device and select
      uninstall.
    6. Restart your computer.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Aug 13, 2020
Thema:

Connecting my Xbox One S to my computer

1. Connecting my Xbox One S to my computer - Similar Threads - Connecting Xbox computer

2. I own a Xbox one S and it’s connected to my Epicgames account is the password and info for...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I own a Xbox one S and it’s connected to my Epicgames account is the password and info for...: Hi everyone I don’t know if this is a good topic people can help me on but I will give it out So basically I have a epicgames account that I made though my Xbox account The issue is the email on that epicgames account is the previous old one on my Microsoft account that I...
  3. I own a Xbox one S and it’s connected to my Epicgames account is the password and info for...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I own a Xbox one S and it’s connected to my Epicgames account is the password and info for...: Hi everyone I don’t know if this is a good topic people can help me on but I will give it out So basically I have a epicgames account that I made though my Xbox account The issue is the email on that epicgames account is the previous old one on my Microsoft account that I...
  4. Xbox One S Controller Connection Issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Xbox One S Controller Connection Issues: So I recently bought a white wireless Xbox One S controller brand new and it works perfectly fine on my xbox. I connected it onto my computer wirelessly and it was working fine for around 5-10 minutes then the controller would move on its own and not allow me to press...
  5. Bridge VPN connection of PC to Xbox One S

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bridge VPN connection of PC to Xbox One S: submitted by /u/Rodney_JB [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gc7c2i/bridge_vpn_connection_of_pc_to_xbox_one_s/
  6. How Do i connect my Xbox one S to my Laptop

How Do i connect my Xbox one S to my Laptop: Umm can I get support on connecting my XBOX to my laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-connect-my-xbox-one-s-to-my-laptop/d6d4c14b-c511-4c8b-8407-7b3baf422623
  7. Xbox one controller connection to my windows 10 computer

Xbox one controller connection to my windows 10 computer: Ok so I have been trying this for about two days and I have put new batteries in my controller and everything. I really want to play games using my xbox controller on my pc, the part that I cant do it get the drivers to install I have tried using the download link you guys...
  8. xbox one s controller not connecting to bluetooth

xbox one s controller not connecting to bluetooth: so I have been using my xbox on s controller on my pc for awhile, when my controller disconnects I remove the deivce and reconnect it, it normally works fine and reconnects, tho yesterday I did that same thing and went to go connect it, but now it shows up as input and not...
  9. The Xbox Console Companion app on Windows 10 will not connect to my Xbox One S

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The Xbox Console Companion app on Windows 10 will not connect to my Xbox One S: Like said before, the Xbox Console Companion app will not connect to my Xbox One S. I have tried fixing problems with Teredo, but every time I do, eventually the issue comes back. What can I do?...
  10. Xbox One S Bluetooth Connection Issue

Xbox One S Bluetooth Connection Issue: I have a Xbox One S controller that I have been successfully using on my PC via Bluetooth that has encountered a truly maddening issue. After using a USB cable from the controller to the PC to charge it, the controller would no longer connect via Bluetooth (a known issue from...