Windows 10: Connecting one printer to two PCs on Windows 10.

Discus and support Connecting one printer to two PCs on Windows 10. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have two computers connected by a switch, but can only printer from one computer. I've already changed the sharing options on both computers and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ITChelle, Nov 21, 2019.

1. ITChelle Win User

Connecting one printer to two PCs on Windows 10.

I have two computers connected by a switch, but can only printer from one computer. I've already changed the sharing options on both computers and still can only print from one. Also, I have no Homegroup.

:)

ITChelle, Nov 21, 2019

2. Windows 10 + printer connection

Hi Debbie,

The printer offline status is your printer’s way of telling you that something is wrong with the communication between your computer and your printer, so one of the first things to check is your printer’s connection with your PC. Here are a couple of things
    you can try:

• Power off, and then power on your printer to restart it. Wait for a while for it to be fully ready.
    • Check your printer connection. Check your printer and make sure that it’s connected to your PC network.

Aside from the above steps, I also suggest that you go through this list of suggestions to fix printer connection
    in Windows 10.

Please respond to this thread to let me know how the issue progresses. Similarly, if you have more questions, please inform me by replying to this post.

Aileen Alf, Nov 21, 2019
  3. Windows 10 + printer connection

Hi murlichatlani,

Have you tried the suggestions on my initial post, in response to the original poster? If you haven't performed any troubleshooting yet, here are a couple of things you can try:

• Power off, and then power on your printer to restart it. Wait for a while for it to be fully ready.
    • Check your printer connection. Check your printer and make sure that it’s connected to your PC network.

If the steps didn't help, you may go through this list of suggestions to fix printer connection in Windows 10.

If you would like me to provide additional advice, simply respond to this thread. I will get notified and I’ll reply to you as soon as I can.

Aileen Alf, Nov 21, 2019
  4. Connecting one printer to two PCs on Windows 10.

connecting laptop to Office jet G55 printer

Hi Luisa,

To help you with your concern regarding the printer, let me suggest you to contact the manufacturer for the steps on how to connect your printer to your computer. Please follow the steps on how to contact the manufacturer:

• The name of the OEM + “contact information”
    • The name of the OEM + “PC support”

Regards.

Virfranz Man, Nov 21, 2019
Thema:

Connecting one printer to two PCs on Windows 10.

1. Connecting one printer to two PCs on Windows 10. - Similar Threads - Connecting printer PCs

2. connect two windows 10 pcs

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    connect two windows 10 pcs: I have two W10 laptops; one works fine, while the other machine's cursor will not respond to either the keyboard or the touchpad. The machines are connected via USB cable. I want to connect the machine so that I can use the working computer to access a USB drive on the other...
  3. One Microsoft account, two PCs?

in Windows 10 Customization
    One Microsoft account, two PCs?: Let's say someone knows my Microsoft account data and logs in with my account on another PC kilometers away from mine. Will I receive a notification about this activity? Can the person change something in my PC settings (e.g. admin rights, account type on my PC)? Ein...
  4. One Microsoft Account, two PCs and two different licences.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    One Microsoft Account, two PCs and two different licences.: Hello guys. Please help me with a guidance, how to properly do such process: Conditions: I got my Microsoft Account, with one desktop device on it main PC and a Windows Home LicenseOEM. I am buying a new PC for my second location in my country. I do not want to make...
  5. Two Microsoft accounts and two pcs - How to put both pcs on one Microsoft account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Two Microsoft accounts and two pcs - How to put both pcs on one Microsoft account: I purchased a new desktop pc with Windows 10. Signed in with my Microsoft account. No problem. Now I got a new laptop and when I went to sign in and register it, it wouldn't take my current Microsoft log-in info (email address, user id). It asked me to select a new email...
  6. Activating two PCs using one account

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Activating two PCs using one account: Hello everyone. I have an Acer Aspire E1-572G notebook running windows 10. I upgraded it about two years ago from windows 8.1. I also have an old ASUS P5B SE running windows 7. I read somewhere that windows 10 works better than windows 7 on old PCs; So I want to install...
  7. Printer preferences not identical on connected PCs

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printer preferences not identical on connected PCs: I have two home PCs, both running Win 10 Pro 64-bit version 1803, both connected to an Xfinity broadband router. My PC has a USB connected HP Envy printer. My wife's PC prints to this PC via the network. The issue is that my wife's PC can only print to the HP in...
  8. Printer preferences not identical on connected PCs

in Windows 10 Support
    Printer preferences not identical on connected PCs: I have two home PCs, both running Win 10 Pro 64-bit version 1803, both connected to an Xfinity broadband router. My PC has a USB connected HP Envy printer. My wife's PC prints to this PC via the network. The issue is that my wife's PC can only print to the HP in...
  9. connecting two pcs together in windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    connecting two pcs together in windows 10: I have two computers. One I want to use as a system backup for the other. The main computer is connected to my router via WIFI and the backup computer is connected to the same router via ethernet cable. I can't see each computer from the other's via file explorer in the...
  10. Two PCs with Windows 10

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Two PCs with Windows 10: This is probably a silly and obvious question but I want to double check. On the main PC we all sign in with ms accounts, my user acc (admin), my wife (standard) and our son (child acc). But as its a desktop we want to also get a cheaper laptop that's a bit more mobile around...