Windows 10: Connecting other devices to laptop via usb port

Discus and support Connecting other devices to laptop via usb port in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I try to set up a monitor to my laptop and it doesn't seem to work. It says on " other devices " USB Composite Device has a driver error. What should I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Timothy _0441, Oct 24, 2019.

1. Connecting other devices to laptop via usb port

I try to set up a monitor to my laptop and it doesn't seem to work. It says on " other devices " USB Composite Device has a driver error. What should I do to solve this problem ?

:)

Timothy _0441, Oct 24, 2019
  2. spapakons Win User

USB Port Oddities

Ok, let's see it with pictures step-by-step. First right-click on the USB device and select Update driver software:

Connecting other devices to laptop via usb port [​IMG]

Then select Browse my computer for driver software (LAST option) :

The select Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer (LAST option) :

Then select the standard driver from the list and click next:

Click next/OK as required to complete installation. Repeat the steps for all Intel USB devices. Finally click on each USB root device and press DEL to delete it, reply YES when asked. After deleting all USB root devices restart the computer.

I hope this is detailed enough...

spapakons, Oct 24, 2019
  3. Riel Alc Win User
    LAPTOP USB TO CONNECT TO A COM PORT DEVICE.. PLEASE HELP

Hi Kirk,

For us to better assist you with your query about connecting to a com port device, we'd like to know the following:

• To what COM port device are you trying to connect your laptop?
    • Can you check if COM ports are available in Device Manager?

We're looking forward to your reply.

Riel Alc, Oct 24, 2019
  4. Ruz San Win User

Connecting other devices to laptop via usb port

USB ports failed

Hi,

To fully isolate where this problem is coming from, please answer the following:

• Have you tried connecting the peripheral devices to another computer to check if they will function?
    • How old is the laptop?

You can find additional things to try to fix USB port problems on this
    page.

We also suggest you run the Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter
    in Windows 10. Here are the steps:

• Press the Windows key on your keyboard.
    • Type Troubleshooting then press Enter.
    • On the left side, click View all.
    • Select Hardware and Devices.
    • Click Next and see if it will find any problems.

Keep us updated about the issue.

Ruz San, Oct 24, 2019
Thema:

Connecting other devices to laptop via usb port

1. Connecting other devices to laptop via usb port - Similar Threads - Connecting devices laptop

2. My phone connects to one of the usb ports of my pc but is unknown to other ports. Other...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My phone connects to one of the usb ports of my pc but is unknown to other ports. Other...: My phone connects to one of the usb ports of my pc but is unknown to other ports. Other ports only charge my phone but can't transfer files....
  3. My phone connects to one of the usb ports of my pc but is unknown to other ports. Other...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My phone connects to one of the usb ports of my pc but is unknown to other ports. Other...: My phone connects to one of the usb ports of my pc but is unknown to other ports. Other ports only charge my phone but can't transfer files....
  4. Connecting my laptop and desktop via usb

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Connecting my laptop and desktop via usb: I wanted to transfer files over from my laptop to my desktop both windows today but when I tried connecting both of them together via a USB cable, there was no usb device detected inside the file explorer. I can transfer files over when connecting my phone to desktop/laptop...
  5. Connecting my laptop and desktop via usb

Connecting my laptop and desktop via usb: I wanted to transfer files over from my laptop to my desktop both windows today but when I tried connecting both of them together via a USB cable, there was no usb device detected inside the file explorer. I can transfer files over when connecting my phone to desktop/laptop...
  6. TV plugged in via to motherboard via a HDMI -> USB A adapter messes with other USB devices.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    TV plugged in via to motherboard via a HDMI -> USB A adapter messes with other USB devices.: Hello,I recently re-did my gaming setup as a Christmas present to myself I added a 5th display to the setup I know that's crazy that is a TV mounted above my desk. Sadly my GPU ports are full and the only option I have is to plug in the TV to my motherboard via an HDMI -> USB...
  7. TV plugged in via to motherboard via a HDMI -> USB A adapter messes with other USB devices.

TV plugged in via to motherboard via a HDMI -> USB A adapter messes with other USB devices.: Hello,I recently re-did my gaming setup as a Christmas present to myself I added a 5th display to the setup I know that's crazy that is a TV mounted above my desk. Sadly my GPU ports are full and the only option I have is to plug in the TV to my motherboard via an HDMI -> USB...
  8. TV plugged in via to motherboard via a HDMI -> USB A adapter messes with other USB devices.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. Playing a CDROM on a apple device via USB port

Playing a CDROM on a apple device via USB port: I cant get this to work althought itie recognised by the computer as working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/playing-a-cdrom-on-a-apple-device-via-usb-port/0d47d893-09a1-4e1d-9bb4-7230fddec2d9
  10. laptop not recognizing mp3 device via usb port

laptop not recognizing mp3 device via usb port: laptop not recognizing mp3 device via usb port https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-not-recognizing-mp3-device-via-usb-port/16281199-f17a-4bcf-9621-a36b5cd98cfc